Suivez le forum sur Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forum-Au-Pair-Aux-USA/116189918405423?fref=ts

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Oie_2910
Au pair aux USA
Suivez le forum sur Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forum-Au-Pair-Aux-USA/116189918405423?fref=ts

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Oie_2910
Au pair aux USA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Au pair aux USA

Mine d'informations pour les futur(e)s et actuel(le)s aux pairs aux USA

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples

+164
sylvia30
claire33333
Petit lu
didiceleste
Marmotte
Ange
Crokeuz
[meli-melo]
LeaLafleur
Laurette85
Adeline16
[Annso]
catalunya
mischa
Yellowstrawberry
Maubis
Marie D.
saro0u
marie-bambelledaventures
Rita04
Sarounette
lengline
améchouille
Kathleen-Ingrid
Gaelle95-94
HeleneB
Marinel
Dayday
deedah
virginia
dominours
RedEuphoria
Eeylika
Cyrine
soufia
Gerfeld4501
helenepok31
melania83130
¤Léa¤
Gaelledah
coxxie
Liiah
[Mariiie]
pz4ch
cynthia77
Lily1409
LauraUSA
Queenbee21
lalie0027
kate91
lena49
Bish
annelise29
candiou
lavieille
Zohra
babytahiti
sarahforever
Sheepy
chaharlotte
MJU
eupheby
touph
lil_layah
jackesse0509
frenchgirl in the usa
A&F
Mathilde289
Mikicam44
Dawlish
Charlotte49
oO.USAdream.Oo
Hélo_95
Marionnnnettte
gaffs
Boulala
tortue_marine
missju33
[mélody]
aurel
juliette89
hideandseek
mamzellelune
Aurélie29
Camylle
abigail
Aodrenn
Rose
calinas
Emilie04
sosotess56
Yohan
bouh59
Marion B
Aurelie781
Nelly
Pinkerly
Leene
alicebzh
deydey13
Vinichou
Sand
leann
Tephao
Helloya
ophelie587
julien
SEMPER FIDELIS
emy
oxane
Marine2151
dailight
Oly
gadrouz
kaitou
erzulie
JORDANJTK67
darkmaxou
starice
chahaha
karinem
Lucie
chill
Lilou
claire37
Hel1807
lolly
aleece
Bel Charles
djakteuse
sofilagirafe54
malimel
aurore
dga
Crazy Lily
poupette0027
Emiliana
lili-ne
titi9419
Reichounette
ofelys
sunshiniz
fany
Antoine
LiLivia
Mailys
Psiliinha
Piou
carocmoi57
Coco Mademoiselle
¤¤¤SaMiA¤¤¤
Angie-39
farah
Haiwee
LuLUsaDream
Ludivine59et62
Aprilia62
Marion
Alishaa
Wendy
kix57
PoppyFlower
American Girl
Elodie :-)
168 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Suivant
AuteurMessage
lena49

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Empty
MessageSujet: Dear Host Family   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMer 23 Juin 2010, 12:14 pm

Ah ok merci [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_wink
J'avais trouvé ça sur Internet, mais ta phrase est bien mieux !! Je vais corriger ça tout de suite [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_lol
Encore merci !!

Helena [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 129570
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://mon-aventure-usa.skyrock.com/
kate91

kate91

Féminin Nombre de messages : 87
Activité actuelle : Future aupair !!
Dates de mon séjour : 10.01.11
Ville, ETAT : Larchmont, NY

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeLun 28 Juin 2010, 3:52 pm

Eh ben allez j'me lance!^^ J'espère que ce sera compréhensible... Laughing

Dear host family,

My name’s Katlyne and I’m 19. I live in a little town called “Le Thor”, it’s in the south of France, near Avignon.
I live with my Family: my mother Jocelyne, my father Jean-Paul and my little brother, Florent. I have an older sister, Kelly, but she lives with her boyfriend Romain since 3 years. She’s 24 and she’s saleswoman but at present she doesn’t have a job. We are very close and I miss her because she lives at 2 hours from me. Florent’s 12 and he’s still at school. We have a real complicity but for him I’m less interesting than his videogames. Ah, boys! I love my family and I think I’m lucky because I’ve excellent relationship with all of them. We enjoy to spend time together especially when Kelly and Romain come at home. They and my friends told me they’ll be sad when I’ll leave to USA but they support me because they know it’s a unique experience.

Recently I took an exam (healthy and social), I’ll have results soon, but I think I passed.
For the future I don’t know exactly what I want to do, and I hope this year as an AuPair will help me to find my way! I love 3 things: medical, children and foreign language. So either I become a nurse and I’ll work with children, or I become translator/interpreter and I’ll work in tourism.

When I was 17 I did a professional training course in a nursery school during 4 weeks. Children were 5 years old, and in the class I helped them to do their exercise. During the break I kept an eye on them and at the canteen I served them the lunch. One time the teacher, some parents and I took the kids to do tree-climbing. I was responsible of 5 kids all the day, it was so funny! They looked like cute small monkeys!
Few months later I did another training course, in a day nursery. During 1 month I was responsible of 3 children: Timothy, a boy who was 1; Axelle (a girl) and Eliot (a boy), they were 2 ½. I played with them, I planed few activities like painting. Eliot was a little boy hyperactive, and this activity calmed him, he was concentrated (however not long time!). For the lunch I gave the bottle to Timothy and I fed Axelle and Eliot; in the afternoon I put them to bed, then I played with them. It was tiring but really enriching!
At 18 years old I began to do babysit for Helene, a family’s friend. I took care of her son Etienne(7) and her daughter Nina(9). It was every Thursday in the evening, and sometimes at the week-end. I used to help them to do their homework, and then we took care of their pets (dog, birds, rabbit and hamster). I prepared the meal, then we played a little and I put them to bed. I watched them like that during 6 months and now Helene calls me sometimes for the week-ends.
On June 2010 I began to be in charge of Fabio(8) and Thomas(11), my neighbour’s sons. Their parents call me when they need me, it’s not regular. We often go to swimming in their swimming pool: we are mermaids, after sharks, then Nemo…They have imagination! I enjoy it, they are nice. When I look after them in the evening I prepare their meal, we watch a little film (they are on holidays) and I put them to bed.

Taking care of children makes me really happy, and discover USA it’s my dream since I was young. People, education, culture, lows, lands, food, everything it’s so different from France! That’s why I choose this program: leave with and like an American family and looking after children, is perfect for me! Moreover I love France too, and I would be happy to make discover my country to my host family (you?) if she wants.

My family and my friends say about me that I’m open-minded, patient, joyful and altruistic. I like to please people and see them happy. However at the first I’m a little shy with people I don’t know.
I like to be organized and I hate to disappoint people and myself, so I’m hardworking. For example at school I’m a good pupil and at home I help much my mother to do the housework (I’m a little fussy). Furthermore I’m dynamic and responsible, I never had any problems during baby-sittings or training course.

I love to play basket-ball with my friends or going to watch matches, and do shopping. I like all sort of music, I’m fond of that; I tried to learn guitar but alone it’s difficult, my level is pretty…weak! Also I like nature and I love to go for walk in wood or country. However sometimes I like to stay at home with a good book.

I know we could spend an excellent year together, and I’m looking forward to hearing from you! I’m in hurry to meet you!

Best regards,
Katlyne.
http://the-passengers-and-us.blogspot.com/
annelise29
:: STS ::
annelise29

Féminin Nombre de messages : 78
Dates de mon séjour : Juillet 2010 / Juillet 2011
Ville, ETAT : San Rafael, CALIFORNIE

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeLun 28 Juin 2010, 5:34 pm

je trouve ta lettre bien faite et interessante, tu as pas mal d'expériences avec les enfants et tu décris bien ce que tu as fait avec eux !
Je te conseille de ne pas mettre les formes contractées pour les verbes comme 's mais plutôt les formes pleines (is), c'est plus agréable pour l'écrit, j'ai tjrs appris comme ça !
Tu dis que ta soeur te manque au début de ta lettre, je sais pas trop si c'est bien de le dire, ta lettre sera lue par des familles et je pense que ça pourrait faire un peu peur, ils pourraient se demander ce que ce sera à des milliers de kms !
Sinon ton anglais est bon, il y a peut être 2 ou 3 fautes mais c'est bien écrit !
http://anneliseusa.canalblog.com
kate91

kate91

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeLun 28 Juin 2010, 6:33 pm

D'accord, je vais arranger ca!=)
merci beaucoup!

J'invite les autres a me dire ce qu'elles en pensent...^^ merci d'avance =)
Crazy Lily
:: Cultural Care ::
:: Cultural Care ::
Crazy Lily

Féminin Nombre de messages : 54
Activité actuelle : Etudiante en licence d'anglais
Dates de mon séjour : Départ le 2 Aout 2010
Ville, ETAT : Houston, Texas

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeLun 28 Juin 2010, 6:48 pm

Super sympa ta lettre, on voit que le projet te tiens à coeur, tu parles de tes proches, de ce que tu fais avec les enfants, rien à redire !

Coté faute RAS de vraiment très grave mais je suis d'accord avec Annelise, ne dis pas que ta soeur de te manque, surtout que tu n'es qu'à deux heures d'elle mais une fois aux USA tu seras encore plus loin, les familles auront peur que tu sois homesick !

Oh et un truc totalement HS, je sais ce que c'est d'apprendre la guitare sans prof... C'est l'horreur au début, je compatis ^^!
kate91

kate91

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeLun 28 Juin 2010, 6:58 pm

Okay bon ben je vais changer cette histoire sur ma soeur alors!

(lol merci, c'est vrai que c'est galère la guitare^^)
Marionnnnettte
Marionnnnettte

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1884
Activité actuelle : Etudiante

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMer 18 Aoû 2010, 11:19 am

Dear host family,

Let's introduce myself: My name is Marion, I am 20. I live near Paris in France, in a city called Argenteuil. I am currently studying at the University of Cergy Pontoise in a 3rd year of a Bachelor Degree, called LEA, focused on English and Japanese, as well as International Trade, Law, Communication, Economy, Marketing and management.
After my year as au pair in the US, I want to study International Relations in a Master Degree.
I live with my parents, my sister and our dog. My father named Joël is a Concierge. My mother named Mado works in a Laundry Service. My sister, Gaëlle, is 22. She's currently studying Art history, but has a passion for photography and embroidery. Our dog's name is Lénie, she loves going outside and eating (What a nice life!)

I chose the au pair program, because I love being au pair. This is a nice combination between work with children, play with them, laugh with them, and the excitement of being in a foreigner country. It is a really good opportunity to discover a new culture and meet some amazing people (maybe you!)
My family and friends are supporting me because they know that it is what I like: Travel, discoveries, children and English language.
I think I am a nice girl, easygoing, honest, open-minded, patient, responsible and dynamic.
During my free time, I like going out with my friends or my sister. Visits some museum, or some monuments in Paris. Have a good meal in a restaurant. Read books. Going out in night club and parties with some friends (not all the time, but it's good to have moments to chill out). I also like studying Japanese!

About my experiences with children, I have already been au pair in Ireland, near Dublin, during 8 months. I was minding 2 girls, called Hannah (2) and Lydia (4). Lydia went to school from 9 am to 1.10 pm. I picked up her after her school and minding her until their parents went back home (at about 6 pm everyday). I was with Hannah all the day from 9am to 6pm. We used to play together, sing (“twinkle twinkle little star, I was wonder what you are...” ahah), make her ready for her playgroup (2 time a week) and Gymboree class (One time a week). I remember them laughing and smiling when we were making our own play-do, baking some cookies or doing a race in the park. Lydia loved to play with her friends at some princess games and singing and dancing. Hannah loved playing outside, copy her sister and her pink scooter. I really liked this experience, “my” girls and Dublin.

In addition, I was the nanny of two little boys, Baptiste (2) and Augustin (4) in the city where I live, during the summer 2010. For 6 weeks, I took care of them when their parents were working from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm, 3 days a week. We played a lot, went to the park, played in the garden, baked cakes, played with play-do, painted and lot of others activities. Augustin loved to play with his cars and his train. But he also liked arts and craft, and played outside with his scooter or bike.
Baptiste loved to break everything, read books, climbing and jumping everywhere. He also enjoyed drive his brother crazy.

Finally, during the summer 2009 and 2010, I was a voluntary worker for the French Red Cross. The job consisted of bringing about 600 children from France to Switzerland by trains, and minding them along the journey. The kids were between 3 and half years old and 16 years old. Of course, we were focused on the most younger children, for most of them that was the first time they leave mummy and daddy. We had to bring them until host family in Switzerland, where they spent 3 weeks of holidays, far away from families and personal issues. This experience was really funny and interesting. During the summer 2010, I was in charge of a group of 7 children, aged between 6 and 10 years old.

I can't wait to meet you and enjoying a part of your life,
Best regards,

Marion

Voilà, donnez moi votre avis !! :D
mamzellelune
:: Calvin Thomas ::
mamzellelune

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2437
Activité actuelle : prépa CRPE
Dates de mon séjour : 24/08/09 ~ 21/03/11
Ville, ETAT : Waban (Newton) MA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMer 18 Aoû 2010, 2:59 pm

Ta lettre est très bonne mais il y'a un petit truc qui me perturbe en effet à la place de Two times a week et de One time a week j'utiliserais "Twice a week" et "Once a week", j'ai l'impression que ca fait plus commun.
Après y'avait the most younger qui me perturbait mais apparement ca se dit enfin moi je voyais plus the youngest children mais ce n'est pas grammaticalement faux bien évidemment je trouve juste que ca fait lourd d'employer most+ comparatif
http://www.follow-me.overblog.net
Marionnnnettte
Marionnnnettte

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMer 18 Aoû 2010, 8:26 pm

Effectivement j'avais pas fait attention à ces fautes là ! Merci :)
mamzellelune
mamzellelune

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2437
Activité actuelle : prépa CRPE
Dates de mon séjour : 24/08/09 ~ 21/03/11
Ville, ETAT : Waban (Newton) MA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMer 18 Aoû 2010, 8:30 pm

Comme je te l'ai dis ce sont des ptits détails et quand on voit ca c'est que le reste est bien Wink
http://www.follow-me.overblog.net
Marionnnnettte
Marionnnnettte

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMer 18 Aoû 2010, 9:40 pm

mamzellelune a écrit:
Comme je te l'ai dis ce sont des ptits détails et quand on voit ca c'est que le reste est bien Wink
Okay. Merci beaucoup beaucoup !!
lalie0027
lalie0027

Féminin Nombre de messages : 36
Activité actuelle : ancienne au pair!
Dates de mon séjour : Départ le 10 janvier 2011!!!
Ville, ETAT : Denver, COLORADO!

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Oct 2010, 4:55 pm

Coucou!!voila ma lettre dite moi ce que vous en pensez et pour les grosses fautes de grammaire et d'orthographe s'il vous plait merciii!!

Dear host family,

-My name is Alix, I'm 21 years old, I live in Aix-en-Provence, a city of the southeast of France, next to Marseille. I lived with my parents, my brother Benoît, 24 years old, lives in Paris where he's graphic designer. My parents, Patrice and Myriam work together in their own store, they work in the advertising.
I have very good relations with them, especially with my brother to whom I like going to holidays. For me the family has a very important place in my heart, the family feeling allows to blossom completely; we feel it loved and supported.
I have a boyfriend for 2 and a half years who brings me a lot, and since I decided to leave he supports me enormously. He was the first has to say to me: "Go for it!". He lives in the southwest of France in Perpignan, for more than a year thus the distance isn't a problem.
I have a small circle of friends but very strong which is amply enough for me because we can count some on the others.

-I have some experience with the children from 2 to 13 years old, with different frequencies for each. I make baby-sitting for my 15 years old.
I took care of Marion, 12 years old, from time to time after the school and during the holidays. She likes very much cooking with me for the meal and for the afternoon snack.
With Alice, 11 years old, we speak enormously of everything and of nothing, she tells me her secrets. As we are chatterboxes we get very well!
When I take care of my 2 cousins, Julien 5 years old and Maxime 7 years old, it's necessary to be attentive all the time because they are very active! They overflow affection and ask for cuddles while putting of the paint everywhere! After that a good shower to wash one's face, a good meal and a bedtime story before sleeping.
Generally and according to baby-sitting, I take care of afternoon snack, of homework, to give a bath, and to prepare the meal.
I love children contact's because they are natural and true, their innocence and all the questions which they ask on everything, to discover everything, it's what I like most about them.

-After my high school diploma, I made 3 years at the University of Economy. I have failed my exam again at the end of my second year and I've decided to stop my schooling because this program didn't please me. I'm stubborn and I've wanted to go up to the end but today I took the maid decision to stop this.
My future is indecisive for me, I hope, after my return, that I would resume my studies for a diploma which will please me and will motivate me has to work.
During my 3 years of studies, I've worked a lot for student jobs and temporary work. I was in particular a saleswoman in H&M (Clothing store) for 1 and a half year, as well as in a store of jewels for December and January during 3 years. This year I worked 6 months in a cleaning agency of stairwells. Thus housework doesn't frighten me!

-I'm a joyful person and jovial, with the personality, I always have the smile. I like moving and not staying at home all day long, leave making a walk, make sports activities, go shopping or only take the afternoon snack in town.
But from time to time, spend one afternoon under the comforter has to look at movies with a good hot chocolate is all the same appreciable when it's cold or else that it's raining.
I'm very curious naturally, I like discovering new things, places, persons.
With the children I've some patience, and one needs because it's not always easy, they are not still angels!

-In my life I don't practise a sport regularly, but with my friends, we organize different activities as squash, beach volleyball, a horse ride, make of the jet-ski, make golf and many of the others.
In club I practised riding during 6 years and fitness training during 2 years.
I don't practise it but I love rugby, on TV or even better at the stadium, the festive and friendly atmosphere pleases me a lot.
Otherwise I like very much the cinema and the music, with internet I make discoveries regularly! I also love the theatre which I practised during 8 years.
But what I like making most it's the cooking, I like pleasing my family and my friends by the preparation of good meals. And with the children, I help them has to make cakes and any all kinds of recipes adapted to their tastes. And for some, recipes with vegetables so that they learn have to like that, and discover new tastes.

-My first motivation to leave to the USA for one year is obviously the children, but especially the relation which I would have with them and you. I wish to become integrated into your family. As I'm the younger child, I don't know this relationship with a small brother or a younger sister. I wish to see them growing and evolving during this year.
I wish to widen my envy and my spirit, discover new persons and see the other horizons. Obviously there is also an American dream, the discover of the USA, your lifestyle, your culture, your food which make me dream for a long time.
Another important motivation is to become bilingual.
I also want to discover this warm behaviour of the Americans about which we so spoke to me.
Today I'm eager to leave!

If you wish to ask me questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Talk to you soon I hope!
Queenbee21

Queenbee21

Féminin Nombre de messages : 12
Activité actuelle : étudiante LLCE anglais

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Oct 2010, 11:49 pm

Ok pas de souci je vais t'aider...par contre ne le prend pas mal si je relève beaucoup de choses,c'est pas que ton niveau d'anglais soit mauvais,c'est juste que je relève des fautes qui sont pas si grosses que ça,parfois c'est juste parce que je trouve que ça sonne mieux!!!!

I live et pas I lived

...where he is a graphic designer

going on Holidays,mais je te conseille de remplacer holidays par vacations aussi...

"the family feeling allows to blossom completely; we feel it loved and supported."=>ça sonne un peu bizarre,explique moi stp ce que tu voulais dire exactement pour que je t'aides +,je pense que tu voulais dire qu'on se sent soutenu donc se serait plutôt "we feel loved and supported",par contre blossom=fleurir donc explique moi l'idée...

I have been with my boyfriend for two years and a half,he brings...
He was the first to tell me...

I have a small but very strong circle of friends...blablabla...we can count on each other

I make baby sitting since I am 15...

After school (pas d'article the) et pareil remplace holidays par vacations

After that they usually have a good shower to wash theirfaces,have a good meal,then I read them a bedtime story (before sleeping)=>tu peux éventuellement rajouter before sleeping mais l'expression bedtime story informe déjà sur le moment ou l'histoire est lue.

J'ai pas bien compris ce que voulais dire par "according to babysitting"

I take care of the afternoon snack,of the homeworks,of giving them a bath,of preparing etc

I love interracting with children because they are etc et tu rajoutes because of their innocence and etc it's what I like the most...

the main decision...

I hope that,after my return,I etc

and will motivate me to work

with personnality

I'm always smiling pas I always have the smile qui est un calque

But from time to time, spending one afternoon under a blanket to watch movies with a good hot chocolate is all the same appreciable when it's cold or when it's raining.(Je sais pas je préfère blanket à comforter)

and one needs it because it's not always easy, they are not alwaysl angels!

Theatre=GB,Theater=US

But what I like making most it's cooking

I help them to make cakes

As I'm the youngest children,I did not experience this relationship,I mean having a little brother...

this warm behaviour of the Americans which I heard so much of...

Voilou contrairement à ce qu'on pourrait penser parce que j'ai beaucoup écrit il n'y a pas beaucoup de grosses fautes dans ta lettre,je suis pointilleuse c'est tout,mais j'ai aussi laissé passer des expressions qui n'avaient pas l'air naturelles mais qui étaient compréhensibles.J'ai une seule remarque à te faire sur ton anglais,ton emploi de "has" est parfois un peu surprenant,je sais pas trop si c'est parce que tu le confond avec "as" ou si c'est parce que tu te dis en français ya avoir donc je dois mettre "has",c'est très loin d'être toujours le cas donc je te conseilles de revoir ça,sinon dans l'ensemble ça va!!!!

lalie0027
lalie0027

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Oct 2010, 12:33 am

merci beaucoup d'avoir pris le temps de me dire tout ça!!!!sa m'aide vraiment!! et pour certaines choses que tu as dis j'y avais penser aussi mais sans oser changer!!

pour blossom c'est le nouveau harrap's anglais américanisé qui m'a donner se terme pour epanouir mais tu as bien compris ce que je voulais dire!!

pour according to baby-sitting je veux dire selon le baby sit donc si il y a meiux que mon expression je prend!!

comforter c'est aussi le harrap's mais je ne sais pas quel autre terme mettre!!blanket c'est bien??

et pour le has tu as tout a fait raison j'ai tendance a le mettre parce que dans ma tête c'est avoir!!je vais relire tout ça encore une fois pour bien verifier ceux que je peux enlever!

en tout cas merci merci merci!!
Queenbee21

Queenbee21

Féminin Nombre de messages : 12
Activité actuelle : étudiante LLCE anglais

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Oct 2010, 6:28 pm

De rien!!! Wink
Oki hum pour according to babysitting,je comprends l'idée,mais un anglais ne le dirais pas comme ça,je pense qu'il faut simplifier:With some of the kids I take care of I...with others I... ou It depends,sometimes I...sometimes I...,enfin quelque chose dans le genre...Comforter tu peux garder c'est juste moi qui suis + habituée à blanket,mais je suis pas américaine,j'ai même jamais mis les pieds aux USA,dc je suis pas non plus une référence...A aussi là ou je t'ai dit "But what I like making most it's cooking" mets plutôt what I like the most is cooking qui me semble plus correct.

Bonne chance pour la suite de tes démarches!!!!
hideandseek
hideandseek

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1023
Activité actuelle : Etudiante VPT
Dates de mon séjour : 19/08/13 - 19/09/15
Ville, ETAT : Livonia, MI
Arlington, VA
Piedmont, CA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Oct 2010, 8:11 pm

Les américains utilisent blanket tout le temps Wink
http://repeataupair.wordpress.com
lalie0027
lalie0027

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Oct 2010, 8:19 pm

merci beaucoup de m'avoir aidée vos commentaires m'ont été utile et blanket a remplacé comforter Wink
esperons maintenant que ma lettre plaise!!
LauraUSA

LauraUSA

Féminin Nombre de messages : 23
Activité actuelle : Stagiaire en tant qu'éducatrice spécialisée dans un foyer pour adolescents
Dates de mon séjour : Départ le 25 juillet 2011
Ville, ETAT : Fairfax, VA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeVen 22 Oct 2010, 10:43 pm

Voilà, mon ultime devoir avant de pouvoir FINALEMENT envoyer mon dossier! C'est franchement ce qui me pesait (et me pèse toujours!) le plus dans le dossier. Merci de me dire ce que vous en pensez. Je sais d'avance que ma lettre est beaucoup beaucoup beaucoup trop longue mais niveau résumés je suis pas douée! Que pourrais-je supprimer? ou réduire ^^ Merci d'avance les filles.

Dear host familiy,

I hope that you enjoyed reading my application!

As you must know yet, my name is Laura and I will be 19 years old in November 2010. I am living in Valais, a beautiful region from Switzerland. The region is well known for his amazing mountainous landscape. A lot of tourists come from all over the world to pass their winter holidays in Valais, especially to practise skii.
My mother, Marie-Denise, is 50 years old and works as nursing assistant. She comes from Switzerland. My father, Antonio Tommaso is 54 years old and works as a foreman. He comes from Italy.

I think this is a great chance to have two different nationalities. Thanks to that, I can see the world by two different views. In addition, I have the opportunity to go to Italy each Summer for the holidays. The region where my father comes from is called Puglia. It is a wonderful place. I really love to go there to see my family and to spend a good time on the beach. I have also a brother, Valerio, who is 28 years old and a sister, Sarah, who is 25 years old. Valerio is still studying at university and Sarah works as a family assistant. I get along very well with them. They always were there to protect me and help me to grow up. I have been very lucky to have a big brother and a big sister. But I would have liked to have a little sister or a little brother to transmit them important values of the life as my siblings did with me. I think that it is because of this lack that I appreciate so much children and their compagny. My family is very important for me. Even if we have ups and downs, we always overcome obstacles together.

Let me now introduce myself in a more precise way. I finished the High School in June 2010. I currently works in a house for teenagers who have problems of being integrated in the society. Some of them are delinquents and other have big problems in their family. I try to help them to solve their problems and organize many activities for them. This is not a simple work but it is a great and interesting experience. At least, I feel useful at the end of the day. Furthermore, this work will allows me to be accepted at university after my year in America. I already know that I will study psychology at university.

I have a boyfriend since approximately four years. He is 20 years old and is studying law at university in another region. We are then accustomed to manage a long distance relationship. We have a great complicity together. He really understands my choice of going to the USA. We both agree that each of us should achieves his dreams if we want to be happy together.

My passion is the tennis. I have practised it since I am 6 years old. I made a lot of tournaments during my little career and wished to become a professional tennis player. But I was not ready to leave everything for that sport. In addition, my shoulder has been injured and it forced me to stop playing tennis for some months. However, I am still fascinated by this sport and have a very good level in Switzerland, especially in my region.
Concerning my personnality, I am really optimistic and persevering. I never give up my objectives. People often define me as a smiling girl. I think this is true because I try to enjoy each moment of the life. I also have a lot of humor!

I have very different experiences in childcare. My first real experience was when I was 16 years old. I babysitted two little girls named Elisa and Laura. Elisa was 4 years old and Laura, 5 years old. I took care of them on the evenings, when the mother was at work. I first made the supper for them and we ate together. Then I played at board games or watched a cartoon with them. When it was time to go bed, I checked that both brushed their teeths and helped them to make the shower. This was a funny moment! I always made them a head massage when I put them shampoo and they really liked it! Once they were at bed, I waited until their mother came at home. That was generally around midnight because she worked in a pub. This experience made me really love taking care of children. That was the first time that an unknown person gave me so much responsabilities and thanks to that I felt confident for my future experiences.

Then I have worked for one month in a kindergarten. That was during the autumn holidays in october 2008. That was a pleasant experience as I never took care of toddlers before. I took care of two groups of children. In the first one, there were children aged between 18 months and 3 years old and the other one, children aged between 3 and 4 years old. I learnt how to change diapers and also how to prepare meals for these children. I made a lot of activities with them like singing songs, painting, drawing, playing at modeling clay, playing at little cars or with barbies.

After that, I made voluntering for 9 months as a natation instructress for mentally and physically handicapped children. There were aged between 8 and 16 years old. That was a great and moving experience. I have already planned to help again the same children when I will be back from America. Every thursday, I had to take care of one child. I was responsible of him during the entire lesson of natation. We made a lot of games similar to waterpolo in the swimming pool. I made sometimes more specific trainings with the children I took care like trying to put the head into the water. Thanks to this experience I know how to hold a paraplegic kid in the water and how to put him in his wheelchair.

Finally, I was assistant in a camp counselour that lasted during two weeks, including the week-ends. That was in july 2010. This was for me the best experience of childcare that I have ever known. The reason of this is that I took care of 10 children on my own during all the moments of the day. Indeed, I took care of them when they woke up, when they had dinner, in the evening and even during the night. Indeed, the children and the assistants slept in a house during these two weeks. During the days, I made a lot of pleasant activities with my group of children. We played at badminton, ping-pong, tennis, football or we made walks in the forest. We practised a lot of sport. Sometimes we organized activities with all the children of the camp counselour, that means 80 children! That was so fun.
I also had the chance to take care of my little cousins during the evening when their parents wanted to go out. Sometimes I organized activities with them and we went together at the circus, at the zoo or in an amusement park.
In 2006, I was graduated as a tennis trainer for kids. This allowed to give tennis lessons to them when I had time or during the holidays. I really enjoyed it.

I would like to become an au pair because I want to bring something new to your kids. Indeed, I will learn them my culture and make sure that they will have fun with me. On the other hand, I am sure that your entire family will make me discover "the american way of life". I find this cultural exchange so interessant and I think that the best way to live it is to become an au pair. Then I chosed to go to America because this country fascinates me and it would be one of my dream to speak english fluently.

I patiently wait the day of my departure in America and already dream of this future year which will certainly be beautiful.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards

Laura
Marionnnnettte
Marionnnnettte

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeDim 24 Oct 2010, 4:21 pm

"I hope that you enjoyed reading my application!" (Tu parles de ta lettre là? ou de ton dossier?Je pense que ça fait un tout petit peu bizarre de mettre cette phrase au début, à la fin ça serait mieux!))

"We are then accustomed to manage a long distance relationship"
Used to : Avoir l'habitude de.. (passé)

"tournaments" => competitions

"the supper", je pense qu'on utilise de façon plus courant le mot Diner.

"playing at modeling clay", euh j'ai pas bien compris le sens..

Attention aux erreurs entre Make et Do:
" I made voluntering for 9 months as a natation instructress"=> I did a voluntry work, ou I was a voluntary worker (comme tu veux)
"I made a lot of pleasant activities with my group of children" => I did

"I took care like trying to put the head into the wate" on comprend le sens mais la formulation est un peu bizarre.

In addition, I also had the chance to take care of my little cousins during the evening when their parents wanted to go out. Sometimes I organized activities with them and we went together at the circus, at the zoo or in an amusement park.
In 2006, I was graduated as a tennis trainer for kids. This allowed to give tennis lessons to them when I had time or during the holidays. I really enjoyed it.

Ta lettre est pas mal. Ya quelques fautes, mais rien de bien méchant, généralement on comprend bien le sens de tes phrases.

LauraUSA

LauraUSA

Féminin Nombre de messages : 23
Activité actuelle : Stagiaire en tant qu'éducatrice spécialisée dans un foyer pour adolescents
Dates de mon séjour : Départ le 25 juillet 2011
Ville, ETAT : Fairfax, VA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeDim 24 Oct 2010, 7:56 pm

Merci mille fois pour ton aide! Je vais tâcher d'améliorer ça ;-)
Lily1409
Lily1409

Féminin Nombre de messages : 212
Activité actuelle : Animatrice en centre de loisirs
Dates de mon séjour : 14 Février 2010
Ville, ETAT : Park City, UTAH

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMar 26 Oct 2010, 9:55 pm

Bonjour!! Et bien c'est enfin a mon tour de mettre ma lettre! Je me suis pas mal inspirée de celle etant presente en exemple et j'en remercie tout le monde.

Dear host family,

My name is Julie, I’m 25 years old. I live in France, in a little village next to Paris. I live with my parents Eric and Dominique, and my younger brother Axel, who is 16. Also, I have 2 sisters: Virginie (35) who has 2 children, Céliane (7) and Nohan (2). Nohan doesn’t know how to say “Julie”, so he tells me “Laly”. It’s so cute when he says that! And Jennifer (32) who has an only child, Joris (3).

I spend large moment with my sisters. I baby-sit a lot of times my nephews. In my village, on the edges of the Marne, they is a big garden which looks like a zoo or a farm, with a lot of animals like, deer, peacock, horse, chicken and I went with Céliane, Nohan and Joris. They are so close, cute and funny! By the way Nohan and Joris transformed on little monsters!! But so good looking! We go to the park, to aquariums, to Disneyland Paris. And just with Céliane, because Nohan and Joris are too young, in “Le Palais De La Découverte, Le planetarium, Le Parc Des Expositions”. It’s a big parc which kids can learn a lot about life, human evolution, all about the stars…
It’s very interesting and cool to see the delight of my nephews. Their favourite’s game is hide-and-seek!

I decided to become an Au Pair, firstly, because I love spend my time with children, play with them.
My family, who supports my project, says “it’s a very good experience for you”.
I passed my B.A.F.A in 2005, the diploma that permits me to be a camp counselor. The same year, I had my high school diploma, my driving licence and my First Aid Certificate. (I’m upgrading to first aid on Saturday 23 October).
I have done many camps in different places like Spain, South of France, East of France, and Sweden. I had on charge 20 to 40 children. There were a lot of activities like, cannyoning, rafting, speleology, rides… in summer time. And on winter, ski, sled, riding snow shoes. I planed a lot of activities, games like treasure hunt… It’s really great to do this job, because I love being with children, and I love so much sport. So be able to do both of that at the same time it’s very cool.
I used to work with little kids, 0-2 years old for 6 months and it was very enriching. I have learned to be patient, responsive, serious… I have supervised some activities like painting with fingers and feet, sticking, musical awakening, playdoh, baby-gym. I was a baby gym teacher.

In the same time, I have baby-sat Claire (6) for 2 years, at the beginning just on Monday, at the after school, for bedtime: little break, homework, plays, plays!!, shower, dinner, which Claire helps me to make dinner, and a little stories to have good dreams. And during the year, I baby-sit more than 4 days per weeks.
I gave maths, biology, French courses.

I watched Jade (10 months) for 5 months about 6 hours per weeks. I prepared her meals, changed a diaper, and gave a bath. Before going to bed I read her a story.
I love going to the park with kids, or just going for a walk.

It’s so interesting to work with them; they are curious, full of imagination and of energy, with imagination. You can learn a lot to being with them. That’s why I love children.

Secondly, I love travelling, knowing new culture, meeting new people. I have been in Greece, Italy, Spain, Morocco, Turkey, Tunisia, England and Official list Of Ivory. Travels were so amazing. For me it was a really shock of the cultures. One of my dreams would be to visit America, especially, Florida, California, Arizona, Texas, Alabama… Yes a lot of States!!
I’m curious to discover New York, and other States.
I’m impatient to discover the American Life. Join an American family; it’s for me the best way to impregnate the culture.
I have always been attracted by the English language, besides; one of my wish would be become bilingual.

Let’s end with some other things about me, I’m very dynamic, sportive, open minded, cheerful, and funny. I’m also responsive, worthy of confidence.
I love sports, going out with my friends to the bowling, cinema, swimming-pool, and restaurant. With my best friend Mary I have do many many things like Disneyland Paris all Thursdays! It was us day off. We had a pass for one year, or all week-end an exit at cine or doing shopping. I spend my time with her! I’m enjoying my time with her. My favourite food is Chinese one!! It’s so good!!
I love cooking!! I cook a lot with my mother, she teaches me to cook.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my letter.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
If you want to know anything about me, let me know, I’d be glad to answer you.

Talk to you soon I hope, I am eager to meet your family and to look after your children.

Julie.

Merci de me dire ce que vous en pensez...
cynthia77
:: Au Pair In America ::
cynthia77

Féminin Nombre de messages : 10
Activité actuelle : etudiante STAPS
Dates de mon séjour : 22 août 2011
Ville, ETAT : Chappaqua, NY

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSam 30 Oct 2010, 1:03 pm

J'ai enfin ecris ma lettre! Dites moi ce que vous en pensez...Je sais si pas si je doit laisser ou enlever l'idée que mes parents soit séparé...Mercii

Dear host family,
It is time for me to write my letter, I hope you will be interest for meet me because I am motive! So, let's go....
My name is Cynthia and i am 20 years old. I Live at 40km in the south of Paris, in small city witch called Vert Saint Denis. I am actually living in the house with my mother, Khadija, is cooker, and my little brother, Ryan (13 years old). He practices Masculine Gymnastic in high level.
My parents separated when I was a little girl. But it is not a problem because if my father don't live with us, he's very present for us and we can see him when we want. My Father, is business manager and he live with my stepmother, Céline, is French teacher and my half-brother, Hugo (4 years old) and practices Judo since September.
Actually, I am student in Paris XII University. I study sport management. I learn Human resources, Marketing, sociology, psychology, Sciences of the education, biomechanics… (All the subjects are bouned to the sport) and in June 2011 I will be graduate!
During my free time, I practice a lot of sport! In this moment, I play Scoccer I’ am very dynamic! I love a lot of different things like, spend time with my friends for shopping, go to the cinema, listening music, dancing, taking photos , cooking ( a delicious french speciality!) . That is also why I like so much to travel: there are so much things to discover, so many people to meet.
I started taking care of children with my brother because my mother worked so much. I think it’s the best childcare experience that somebody can have because I take care of them since they are baby!
From 2006 to 2009, in addiction with my studies I worked to day camps during vacations. We have 8 to 12 children per counselor; it depends of the age of the children who are from 3 to 12 years old. However, for me it is more than a job, it is like a passion. When I spend a month without taking care of children, I miss it. In my areas there are no baby-sitting jobs, it is more a retired area so my job is important to me because I like so much when a child is smiling to me or give me a hug without any reason.
Since 2005, I took care to several children who they are between 9 months and 12 years old. When I do baby-sitting, oftently we play sports like soccer, basket ball, we go to the playground, to the forest to by cycle or just walk, to the library to take new books to read or we stay at home to play parlour games, to draw, to paint, to do manual activities with their toys or sometimes (most rarely) just play on the computer or watching tv.
I chose the au pair program because it is the best way to combine my love for children and for travels. I would like to improve my English because, today it’s very important in the world and most of all, I love this language. So, I think it’s the best way to do both. It is a great opportunity. Live in an American Family in order to live like them, discover a new country, a new culture, meet some people: I want to know the « American way of life »!
I hope you like my letter and if you want to know more about me, my life, my motivation or other things, do not hesitate. I would be very happy to answer you.

Best Regards.
pz4ch
:: Au pair care ::
pz4ch

Féminin Nombre de messages : 439
Activité actuelle : infirmière
Dates de mon séjour : 4 Avril 2011 / Avril 2012
Ville, ETAT : Charlottesville (Virginie)

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeLun 01 Nov 2010, 1:48 pm

Voila j'ai enfin reussi à rediger la dear host family letter, après plusierus semaines de reflexiion... J'espère que vous pourrez me dire ce que vous en pensez, ce que je peux améliorer. Je sais qu'elle est longue alors s'il y a des choses que vous trouvez inutiles dites moi ... Et petite question, je sais pas si c'est le faire de devoir parler de nous, mais le paragraphe ou je me decris je trouve ça super pretentieux ... Embarassed

Dear host family,

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about my motivation for becoming an aupair and about what kind of person I am.
My name is Amandine and I am turning 22 in December. I live in Paris since 3 years for my studies, where I rent a student room in my school.
My parents are separated, so I am used to live with my mother Isabelle (who is a senior officer in an ac-counts department) and my stepfather Philippe (who is a computer engineer for the army), in a small town called Saint Arnoult at one hour from Paris. During weekends and vacation, I come back home for spend-ing family time. My father Jean and my stepmother Brigitte live own a creperie (pancakes restaurant) at La Gacilly, a very little town in Bretagne (their pancakes are the best ones, I love them!). Tough my fa-ther lives far away home, I am used to see him as much as I can, and he call me few times per week. I only have a big sister, Emily, she is 27 and she lives with her fiancé Marco, and baby Eliott my nephew (who is 4 months). I really like spending time with them, plus family is one of the most important value for me.
What can I say about myself? I am going to be graduate from the nursing school, after 3 years of studies. I am someone with a lot of energy, I am active and do not hesitate to play, and I am also someone who is independent, and I think thanks to my studies be a mature person, I am also hardworking. I have a good sense of humor and positive outlook, I try to make things more fun specially with the kids. I am really open-minded; also patient and kind, I know things don’t go always go perfectly, so patience is important for taking care of children, as same as the calm and kindness. I am honest and communicative, if some-thing will be wrong or if I will not understand something, or have of any difficult or problem, I will tell you. Everything is better when we can explain ourselves.

I like to do on my free time spending time with my friends, going out, walking in Paris, going to the cin-ema or just take a coffee and speak together. We do not like big party, we prefer being together, cooked a meal, and speak, or go to the bowling for instance. When I am at home I like to read, I enjoy painting and scrapbooking. I love watching movies, and I fond of US TV series and I am crazy about rock music. Dur-ing my weekends I come back home to spend some time with my parents, and see my high school’s friends.

Now let’s talk about my childcare experience. I have gained it being a leader in day camp as well as babysitting children. Since my seventeen I take care of children, when I have passed a French certificate called the BAFA, which means that I am a camp counselor certified. So, during each vacation I was a leader in day camp, I did it for 4 years. I really love this job because we have many children and it is a lot of fun. We organize many big games with all the kids, we sing happy songs, play together, making art craft.
Beside I used to babysit two lovely girls, Mia and Ronnie (3 and 5 years) for 2 years. I picked them at school, we took the subway or the bus. I prepared meal, give them the bath, played with them, put them in bed. Sometimes we went to the park for play. Sometimes I was there the morning so I prepared them for school, and come with them at school. Once their parents should go away for two days, so I took care of them, I was there on morning, evening, and the night, but during the day she was at school. This was really important to me, because it showed how the parents trusted me. Sometimes I take care of them dur-ing the day, so we did activities, like cooking, playing, making salt dough modeling. Unfortunately, they come back home in June, they was from Israel, but I keep contact with them. Mia and Ronnie spoke French and Hebrew, so when Mia learnt the alphabet I learnt with her too. They loved stories so I used to read them 2 or 3 stories for each, sometimes 5, bedtime was one of my favorite moment.
I am used to take care of my nephew Eliott since his birth. I do bottle feeding, burping, change diapers, putting him in bed, play with them.
Plus, during my studies I have done 2 training course in pediatric.departement. Once with babies under 1 year and an other in newborn cardiologic intensive care. Even if they are sick, they have the needs, some I did bottle feeding and burping, change diapers … It is an other way of taking care of children, and it is more different, but it is really interessant.

Now, I would like to tell you more about my motivations. Everything in the programme au pair is for me. First I love taking care of children and I think it is really important, because it is the most important part of the aupair’s year. Second I love travel and I really want to be a part of an American family and I would like to know the American culture and way of life. Plus I would like improve my English, and be speak fluently.

I also have my driver license since near 3 years. I do not have an accident or a fine yet. I am used to drive in the city, in countryside or in the highway, during short or long distance, day and night. I drive safely, and I am careful.

The most important for me during the year will be your family and especially your children. If I want to join you it is also because I want an unforgettable experience in a new country and to discover a new cul-ture inside your family. With your children I will not be a friend, neither a parent nor a teacher, but I want to be like a big sister, it is the way how I see my aupair job. I think an aupair can teach and explain to the children how many it is important in the everyday life, but the values and the moral principles depend on the parents and I will never interfere in the rearing they have chosen. But I think it is important to speak together even if the last word will be yours.
I really wish to become part of your family. I don’t want to be just a foreigner living in your house or to have a boss/employee relationship. I will leave my French family so I hope to find my American family.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards.

http://pz4ch-aux-usa.blogspot.com/
hideandseek
hideandseek

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1023
Activité actuelle : Etudiante VPT
Dates de mon séjour : 19/08/13 - 19/09/15
Ville, ETAT : Livonia, MI
Arlington, VA
Piedmont, CA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeLun 01 Nov 2010, 9:14 pm

would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about my motivation for becoming an aupair and about what kind of person I am.
My name is Amandine and I am turning 22 in December. I live have been living in Paris, where I rent a student room in my school, since for(1) 3 years for my studies. (2)
My parents are separated so I am used to live with my mother Isabelle (who is a senior officer in an ac-counts department) and my stepfather Philippe (who is a computer engineer for the army), in a small town called Saint Arnoult at one hour from Paris. During weekends and vacations I come back home for spend-ing family timeto spend some time with my family. My father Jean and my stepmother Brigitte live own a creperie (pancakescrèpes (3) restaurant) at La Gacilly, a very little town in Bretagne (their pancakes crèpes are the best ones, I love them!). Tough my fa-ther lives far away home, I am used to see him as much as I can (?), and he call me few times per week. I only have a big sister, Emily, she is 27 and she lives with her fiancé Marco, and baby Eliott my nephew (who is 4 months). I really like spending time with them, plus family is one of the most important values for me.
What can I say about myself? I am going to be graduate from the nursing school, after 3 years of studies. I am someone with a lot of energy, I am active and do not hesitate to play, and I am also someone who is independent, and I think i am a mature person, due to my studies. I am also hardworking (?). I have a good sense of humor and positive outlook, I try to make things more fun specially with the kids. I am really open-minded; also patient and kind, I know things don’t go always go perfectly, so patience is important for taking to take care of children, as same much as the calm being calm and kindness. I am honest and communicative, if something will be wrong or if I will not understand something, or have of any difficult or problem, I will tell you. Everything is better when we can explain ourselves.

(1) Since est utilisé avec une dates ou un evenement. Since 2007 i 've been living in Paris ... J'ai donc mis for et changé la conjugaison, since et for s'utilisent avec le present perfect, j'ai utilisé du present perfect continous (donc -ing) vu qu'apparement tu y vis toujours. Si ce n'est pas le cas remplace et mets I have lived.
(2) Ta relative doit être placée après Paris directement vu que c'est n'est pas de studies dont tu parles mais de Paris.
(3) A moins qu'ils servent réellement des pancakes, utilise le mot crèpe, les américains savent pour la plupart ce que sont les crèpes, et les distinguent des pancakes.
(?) pas compris ce que tu voulais dire.

Mon avis pour le début, tu prends ce que tu veux dedans ^^
http://repeataupair.wordpress.com
pz4ch
pz4ch

Féminin Nombre de messages : 439
Activité actuelle : infirmière
Dates de mon séjour : 4 Avril 2011 / Avril 2012
Ville, ETAT : Charlottesville (Virginie)

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeLun 01 Nov 2010, 10:17 pm

Merci beaucoup ! ça m'aide deja bien surtout que l'anglais ecrit c'est pas vraiment mon fort, ça fait trois ans que j'ai arrete l'anglais ...
http://pz4ch-aux-usa.blogspot.com/
cynthia77
cynthia77

Féminin Nombre de messages : 10
Activité actuelle : etudiante STAPS
Dates de mon séjour : 22 août 2011
Ville, ETAT : Chappaqua, NY

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Nov 2010, 11:42 pm

Bonjour a tous
Pourriez vous me dire ce que vous pensez de ma lettre? Es ce c'est bien de preciser que mes parents sont séparé?

Dear host family,

It is time for me to write my letter, I hope you will be interest for meet me because I am motive! So, let's go....
My name is Cynthia and i am 20 years old. I Live at 40km in the south of Paris, in small city witch called Vert Saint Denis. I am actually living in the house with my mother, Khadija, is cooker, and my little brother, Ryan (13 years old). He practices Masculine Gymnastic in high level.
My parents separated when I was a little girl. But it is not a problem because if my father don't live with us, he's very present for us and we can see him when we want. My Father, is business manager and he live with my stepmother, Céline, is French teacher and my half-brother, Hugo (4 years old) and practices Judo since September.

Actually, I am student in Paris XII University. I study sport management. I learn Human resources, Marketing, sociology, psychology, Sciences of the education, biomechanics… (All the subjects are bouned to the sport) and in June 2011 I will be graduate!

During my free time, I practice a lot of sport! In this moment, I play Soccer and Snowboard . I love a lot of different things like, spend time with my friends for shopping, go to the cinema, listening music, dancing, taking photos , cooking ( a delicious French specialty!) . That is also why I like so much to travel: there are so much things to discover, so many people to meet.
I started taking care of children with my brother because my mother worked so much. I think it’s the best childcare experience that somebody can have because I take care of them since they are baby!
From 2006 to 2009, in addiction with my studies I worked to day camps during vacations. We have 8 to 12 children per counselor; it depends of the age of the children who are from 3 to 12 years old. However, for me it is more than a job, it is like a passion. When I spend a month without taking care of children, I miss it. In my areas there are no baby-sitting jobs, it is more a retired area so my job is important to me because I like so much when a child is smiling to me or give me a hug without any reason.

Since 2005, I took care to several children who they are between 9 months and 12 years old. When I do baby-sitting, oftently we play sports like soccer, basket ball, we go to the playground, to the forest to by cycle or just walk, to the library to take new books to read or we stay at home to play parlour games, to draw, to paint, to do manual activities with their toys or sometimes (most rarely) just play on the computer or watching TV. I prepared the mean, and I put them to bed too.
I am a dynamic, open-minded, sociable, generous and patient person and above all I love taking care of children. I love to have fun but I also know how to take on responsibilities. I think I am an optimistic person and I adapt very easily.

I chose the au pair program because it is the best way to combine my love for children and for travels. I would like to improve my English because, today it’s very important in the world and most of all, I love this language. So, I think it’s the best way to do both. It is a great opportunity. Live in an American Family in order to live like them, discover a new country, a new culture, meet some people: I want to know the « American way of life »!
I hope you like my letter and if you want to know more about me, my life, my motivation or other things, do not hesitate. I would be very happy to answer you.

Best Regards.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples - Page 9 Icon_minitime

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples
Page 9 sur 15Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Suivant