[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuteurMessage
marie-bambelledaventures
:: Cultural Care ::

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 21 Mar 2013, 4:04 pm

Aaah cool :) J'attends de savoir la suite !!
De rien !
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://marie-bambelledaventures.blogspace.fr
Laurette85
:: Calvin Thomas ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 35
Activité actuelle : Etudiante LLCE Anglais 3ème année
Dates de mon séjour : 15 Juillet 2013-4 Août 2014
Ville, ETAT : San Francisco, CA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 03 Avr 2013, 3:17 am

Et voilà, quand je dis à Yellowstrawberry que je passe mes nuits sur le forum...celle là ne fais pas exception, donc j'en profite pour poster ici ma petite (grande, trop grande?) lettre.
Bon normalement niveau anglais ça devrait aller (je suis en licence 3 d'anglais, mais en même temps il est 2h du mat' donc bon...) Sleep mais c'est plus niveau contenu que je m'inquiète.
Au départ je croyais pas avoir mis assez d'anecdotes avec les enfants, maintenant je me dis que j'en ai peut être trop mis!!!
Bref, il est tard, je publie et je vais au lit (eh bien, encore la force de faire des rimes) ^^ Shocked

"Dear host family !

My name is Laure, I’m 20 but I will turn 21 on July 24th. I live in Saint-Mesmin, a very small town of Vendée, in France. I live with my parents. My mum, Pascale, sells artificial flowers in a funeral store. My dad, Hervé, is a road worker. I have an older brother, Alexandre, who is 24. He is a banker and so he lives in his own apartment. And even if we are not kids anymore, we still have lots of fun together.
I’m in my third year of University studies, and I’m studying for a degree in English (that I will probably obtain in early June). I’m a very dynamic woman, creative, open-minded, affectionate, and always willing to help. I am also mature, serious and independent. During the week, I have my own apartment as I study far from home, but I come back every weekend to see my parents and do some activities.
My family and my friends support me a lot in my choice of being an au pair in the USA as I’ve been planning this experience for 10 years now. They know that I love children, playing with them and helping them with homework or teach them a second language.
From 2007 to 2011, I’ve looked after my twin cousins (Matteo and Louana) every summer, so from their age of 6 to 10, and they now consider me as their big sister, but they most commonly call me ‘big potato’!!
Last summer I’ve been an au pair in the South of France for 2 months and a half. I was in a Franco-Scottish family so it was culturally very interesting. I took care of Sean (7 years old) and Stirling (11 years old). I had lots of fun with them; they had a swimming pool so we played a lot in the pool. When the weather was not good or too hot, we used to do some ‘do it yourself’ like boards for games we had invented, we created cards, we danced or watched movies. Sean was a difficult child as he had some OCDs and he was hyperactive at least for hours a day. Also, as he was attending French school and didn’t speak very good French, I helped him as much as I could in reading, in doing little exercises and games to help him. Even if it was sometimes difficult, I liked him as if he was my brother and obtained hugs and kisses, which I didn’t expect as he rarely touched someone not from his family. Concerning Stirly, she had just started her adolescent crisis, and sometimes didn’t accept basic things I had asked her to do. But we had fun together, she spent lots of time doing funny hairstyles to me and putting make up all over my face. We sang together and invented games all the time. She was a very affectionate little girl. We shared “girls’ things” as we used to say. On evenings, we used to go on a bike ride with the two kids and the mother. I had very good relationship with the mother, and the father was often away for work but I liked him too.
When I babysit I like to share my creativity through artistic activities with the kids or by playing new games. I also like playing outside.
Now, a little more about me and what I’m expecting for this well-prepared experience:
I practice dance every Saturday for three hours. I’ve been practicing for 13 years now, and I think it’s a really good way to express myself. I also like swimming, cycling, playing badminton and football. I am very active and love doing all sorts of things like scrapbooking, going to the cinema, doing some shopping, taking pictures, going out with friends, visiting museums and playing board games.
I also love travelling; I’ve been to England, Portugal, Italy, Spain and Germany and I enjoyed all these trips. But I’ve always wanted to go to the USA, and because I love children, being an au pair has always been for me the best way to realize my dream. From this experience, I expect to discover your culture, your country, and of course the American way of life. I want to be part of your family, as I know I will consider you as part of mine. I want to visit new cities, meet new people, and gain even more maturity. Actually, I expect to have a new family on the other side of the Atlantic.

Now you have a good overview of my personality and of the 20-nearly-21-year-old girl I am!
I hope to hear from you soon, I’m looking forward to spending that amazing year with you.
Best regards,
Laure."

Et voilà le travail!!! Dites ce que vous en pensez, je prend les critiques avec plaisir!!
Bonne nuit!! Wink
LeaLafleur

Féminin Nombre de messages : 32
Activité actuelle : Etudiante graphisme
Dates de mon séjour : Septembre 2013 !

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 03 Avr 2013, 7:46 pm

Je trouve tes anecdotes très bien et pas trop chargées au contraire !
Laurette85

Féminin Nombre de messages : 35
Activité actuelle : Etudiante LLCE Anglais 3ème année
Dates de mon séjour : 15 Juillet 2013-4 Août 2014
Ville, ETAT : San Francisco, CA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 03 Avr 2013, 8:47 pm

Merci beaucoup !!
[meli-melo]

Féminin Nombre de messages : 208
Activité actuelle : future au pair
Dates de mon séjour : 7 avril 2014
Ville, ETAT : Santa Barbara, CA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 05 Avr 2013, 7:49 pm

Vos lettres sont vraiment très bien! vous avez un sacré bon niveau d'anglais quand même! :) A mon tour de poster ma lettre, mais je peux déjà dire que le niveau n'est pas le même Laughing
Il va me manquer la formule de politesse de la fin que je rajouterais plus tard. Dites-moi pour le contenu.

Dear host family,

My name is Mélissa, I am 18 years old. I live in France in a little city near Paris. My village, Marcoussis, is famous for the rugby. I live in a house with my parents and my brother. We have two dogs and a cat.My parents are married since seventeen years. My mother is 41 years old, and she's a commercial. My father, who is 43 years old, is a technician. And my brother Yoann is 14 years old. This year he will go to high school. I like spend my time with my family and my friends.

In high school I studied literrature and cinema. I'm interested by the movies and their histories. I passed my diploma last year with a mention. Then, in last September I went in University. But my studies didn't intersted me, so after the first semester I stopped. Since February I working in a primary school on the midday time. After my year as an au pair I will start nurse studies. I hope specialized me in children.

All my babysittings and my job allowed me to decided to work with children later. I started babysittings in 2011 with my cousin Martin. He was 5 years old and I took care of him during two weeks all day long. I prepared his breakfast, then we played. I cooked his meals and afternoons we went for a bike ride. Sometimes we did manual activities like painting mask. We are also went in pool.
Since October 2011, I take care of Lou-Ann and her brother Quentin once or twice per month all day long. They were respectally 3 1/2 years old and 22 months. I prepared their breakfast, and the Quentin's bottle. After that I took them their bath. We played together and I cooked their meals. I changed the diaper of Quentin and I put them i bed for the nap. Now I do the same things, without diapers!
Since February 2013 I take care of Salomé and her brother Pablo once per month on the evening. They was 2 1/2 years old and 7 months. When I arrive the baby is in bed, so I play only with Salomé. I give her meal and I put her in bed. Later in the evening Pablo is hungry so I give him his bottle.
And now I work in a primary school. I have to pick up the children from their classes to the playground. Then I supervise them in the canteen and after, in the outside. Children are between 7 years to 11 years old.

During my free time, I read as much as I can and I love go to the theatre. I try to see my friends and spend time with them. I like do shopping, specially with my mother, sometimes all day long. Because of my planning when I was in university I stopped sport. But before I did aîkido with my father. It was very funny to put him K.O!

I love laugh and have a fun, even I am shy at the beginning. I also know be serious, and I am responsable. I like teach new things to the children. And I'm a loyal and open-minded person.
My dream since my 10 years is to go in the United States of America. Be an au pair in your country allows me to share two things I love: children and USA. I really want to discover your traditions, way of life and landscapes. Moreover I like the english language and I hope come back in France speaking your language fluently. Be an au pair is an unique occasion to share with you my culture and my traditions. I'm very excited to be a member of your family and to exchange on own differencies and resemblancies!
Crokeuz
:: Au pair care ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 86
Dates de mon séjour : 06/01/14
Ville, ETAT : Lafayette, SF, CA.

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 12 Aoû 2013, 3:37 pm

Voilà la mienne :)

Dear Host Family,

My name is Justine, I’m French and I’m 20 years old (and will turn 21 in September 13th). I live in a little village called Pins-Justaret, near Toulouse, a big city in the south-west of France, with my parents, my brother and my cat.
My dad Bruno (49), is working from home as a quality engineer, my mum Monique (49) is a principal counselor in an high school and my brother Paul (17) has finished high school and is going to leave home soon to continue his studies in another town. My cat Crumble (6) has no job except sleeping and eating all day long.
About my professional orientation, I’ll graduate in social working in October. I would like to work later with homeless persons in order to make their lives easier. This personal life choice makes me say that I am concerned, in general, by others well-being.
In another way, family matters a lot to me. I come from a really huge one as I have 14 uncles and aunts, 26 cousins, 20 little cousins, and since January, 1 little little cousin. Even if I’m not closed to them in the same way, we regularly met and enjoy to catch up in special events as Christmas, summer holidays, weddings, …
This huge family is, I guess, the reason why I love kids: I have always been surrounded by them and learnt how to take care of them when I was young. My cousins were my first babysitting experiences: I was only 10 when my godson Jean came to this world and I was very proud to hold him, feed him and change his diapers. Since his birth, Jean and I are very close and even if we live far away, we really enjoy when we have the opportunity to spend time together. These moments are called “our special afternoons”: we usually go to the restaurant and then to the cinema, only the two of us.
Then came Maïwenn and Leïa, who are now 11 and 6, and who are geographically my closest little cousins. They are really specials to me: I considered them as my little sisters because I saw them growing up and we have a lot of memories together : the summer afternoons where I babysat them having fun in the pool, us going to the park, to the cinema, playing hide and seek in the garden for hours, laughing loudly on the trampoline, making cakes (and burning them, sometimes), drawing a lot for our “National Drawing Exposition” project or more simply playing board game (until Leïa started to growl and cry because she were losing). This kind of complicity is what I’m looking for in my Au Pair adventure: I want to become a big sister for your kids.
But taking care of children like them, as with the other kids Kylian (6), Mael (2), Mélisse (5) or Morgane (9), and especially for Vicente, who was only few days old when I start looking after him, is not only the funny side is just described. It’s, first, a lot of responsibilities. Their parents trusted me with the most precious thing they have and it was for me unconceivable to betray their trust and to take any risks about their kids’ security or integrity. Then, if working with children can bring a lot of fun and laughs, it’s also necessary to know how to deal with crisis situations: fights and arguments between siblings, nap times or lunches refused, etc…
I learnt how to be patient with caprices, how to be tactful and to talk to kids during an internship I made with Roms children: the humanitarian association I was working with had to propose them activities one afternoon per weeks. We were 3 to supervise about 30 kids from less than 1 year to 14 years old in very difficult conditions as they were living in a camp without water and electricity. It was a very hard experience to live but so rewarding for my future professional culture.
I think I can describe myself as a patient, responsible and mature person. I see myself as a reliable girl who can be trust in, and for who communication and respect are two essential values. But besides this serious part of myself, I’m also a funny girl, always willing to laugh and who believe than life is a gift we must enjoyed at every time of our lives, even in the daily and insignificant moments.
Becoming an Au Pair in America is a project I have for almost 3 years now. My godmother left as an Au Pair nearly 13 years ago and shared with me her experience; she is now married to an American man and lives in California, between Los Angeles and San Francisco. This experience in your country and particularly in your family will permit me to council my love for children, my taste to travel and my will to discover new places, new cultures, new ways of life.
I hope this letter will tempt you to contact me! For my part, I can’t wait to hear about you and your family soon and maybe, who knows, to become a member of your family!
Best regards,
Justine.
marie-bambelledaventures

Féminin Nombre de messages : 865
Activité actuelle : Manager dans un parc de jeux pour enfants
Dates de mon séjour : 5 Déc 2011 - 23 Déc 2012
Ville, ETAT : Seattle, WA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 12 Aoû 2013, 5:45 pm

Je la trouve très bien écrite et elle donne envie de te rencontrer !
Au niveau vocabulaire, je ne suis pas sure du "caprices", je ne l'ai jamais entendu, ils disent "tantrums" là-bas :) sinon c'est tout pour moi ! Bravo !
http://marie-bambelledaventures.blogspace.fr
Crokeuz

Féminin Nombre de messages : 86
Dates de mon séjour : 06/01/14
Ville, ETAT : Lafayette, SF, CA.

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 12 Aoû 2013, 6:07 pm

Merci Marie!
Je me suis rendue compte que je n'avais absolument pas développé la partie sur mes passions, j'ai donc rajouté ceci :
Spoiler:

Je vais modifier le "tantrums", je l'avais trouvé aussi mais je ne savais lequel choisir :)

C'est dur de parler de soi je trouve..
Ange

Féminin Nombre de messages : 190
Activité actuelle : Photographe
Dates de mon séjour : 7 octobre 2013 - ?
Ville, ETAT : Calabasas / West Hollywood (Southern California)

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 12 Aoû 2013, 10:00 pm

Elle est très sympa ta lettre Crokeuz on en apprend plus sur toi. 14 oncles et tantes, 26 cousins... noooooon affraid  énorme ! J'aurais bien aimé avoir une si grande famille :)

Hé ta marraine est une chanceuse  

Voici la mienne, elle est déjà "validée" (mon dossier est en ligne) mais si ça peut en inspirer certaines...

Citation :
Dear future host family,

My name is Mathilde, I am 23 years old (almost 24!) And I live in the suburbs of Paris (at Chilly-Mazarin). I live alone with my two cats (Sooki and neko) and my adorable little dog Maia.

My parents are married since over 30 years. My father's name is Stéphane, my mother Sylvie. They are 52 years old. My mother is an assistant in a real estate agency, my father is a CEO of a company specializing in rating golf courses in France and Europe. I also have a sister, Anais, 28, who's soon to graduate in human resources. She's the best sister in the world !

My main passions are photography, cooking and decorating (design). I love doing photo shoots of newborn and kids (& weddings!), learn new recipes, and buy new furniture or decorations for home. I spend a lot of time on these three subjects in magazines, internet, stores ... I also like listening to music, watching movies, traveling, go to the restaurant. I used to sculpt / pottery, this is a recreation that I loved and I would like to start again, maybe do some in the USA, why not... I also did some dancing for a few years when I was younger.

I'm in contact with children very often and I love it. I love play and take care of them, I am patient and very creative girl, I love art and I enjoy to help children discover art with music, painting, photography, drawing ...

I started taking care of children in adolescence when I was 14. Since, I took care of lot children from birth to teens. They are all very different and it's what I love. It's like this that my passion for photography grew up for become my job ! I wanted to capture their expressions and spontaneity with pictures.

I wish to live with a typical American family that will talk to me and share customs and traditions with me. I want to go to the USA because I love different cultures and I enjoy travel : I went two times in the USA and I loved! I also need to perfect my English to become, I hope, bilingual! Of course, I love children, I have worked with them full time for the infant/children care. The choice in going to the USA for being an au pair was an evidence !

I hope you enjoy my letter and I will be happy to share one year of my life with you, I would bring my smile, my "joie de vivre", and my skills in everyday life, such as love and patience for your children.

Have a good day,

Mathilde
http://mathildeintheusa.tumblr.com/
Marmotte

Féminin Nombre de messages : 149
Activité actuelle : Etudiante en réorientation
Dates de mon séjour : Départ le 1er Décembre 2014!
Ville, ETAT : McLean (près de Washington DC)

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 04 Oct 2013, 2:32 pm

A mon tour de poster ici, ça fait plaisir ! N'hésitez surtout pas à faire des remarques, s'il faut enlever des trucs ou au contraire développer... Merci d'avance !

Dear future host family ,
Hi ! My name's Marie, I'm 19 (will turn 20 in April) and I may be your future French Au Pair !
Let me introduce my family, composed of my parents, Lionel (46) and Dominique (45), who are married since 1990, my big brother Romain (22), who now lives in Toulon, in South of France because of its job in the French Navy , of my little brother Rémi (17) and of our dog, a poodle called Mobi (13).
We moved in Etaples 13 years ago : it's a little city, near the sea, located in North of France, a place known to be raining and cold ! It's in that city that I used to dance (folk dance), to sail and to practice some circus thing (plates spinning and do as a tightrope walker !).
My will to take care of children came when I was very young : my little brother has Down's Syndrom. I won't say it had always been easy to me, but I learnt lot of his "difference" : being open-minded, responsible, patient, taking care of the safety of someone who is not conscious of danger, comunicate with someone who is not talking... I helped him to learn new things, to discover the world he lives in. We recently went to a fun fair and he discovered the merry-go-round, it was very funny to see !
I also passed a training to become a camp councelor in holiday camp. We kept busy children during their holiday with games we organized and we supervised things like shower and meal time. We went with them for their activities as sail and sand yacht. We shared funny moments, like the evening entertainment where children stay up late where camp councelors were disguised : I was an Hawaiian dancing on Lilo and Stich song !
After high-school, I decided to study in nursery school. Although I realized I didn't feel comfortable with nursing, I figured out I wanted to work with children after a traineeship in a day nursery, where I took care of babies from 2 months 1/2 to 4 years. I thought it was great to be witness of their growing : everyday, they were learning something, made headway, considered me as someone responsible, to whom they could come if they had a problem. I was taking care of them from the moment they entered the day nursery to the moment their parents were coming, which means I changed their diapers, gave them the bottle and/or gave them food, put them in bed, read stories for them to sleep, played with them, kept them busy. I will always remember a child, named Augustin, who was hugged me every morning, and who asked me lots of questions : so sweet !!
Everytime I am with children, I play and have fun with them. I baby-sit Laura and Lucas twice during holiday and we played in the garden, biking... It was a great moment ! But I also play with children I don't really know, as with Yanis and Arnaud, who are the children of a friend, or with Arthur, who is the son of a former nurse classmate.
It's for the moments with children that I want to be an Au Pair, I don't want to replace anyone, I see my role as an Au Pair as a kind of big sister. I want this year to be a sharing experience between you and I. I want to discover the American Way of Life, through celebrations and trips.
About my driving license, I passed the exam on september 2013, but I began to drive earlier. In France, we can't drive alone before being 18, so we have a programm called "Conduite Accompagnée" : after some hours of driving lessons, I began to drive with my father at the age of 17, on october 2011, so I already have the experience of driving, even if it's not a long time that I have my driving license.
To finish, I'm someone open-minded, patient, tuned, mature and responsible and smiling, but I may be a little shy at the very beginning of the experience !
Thank you for reading such a long letter, I hope it will make you want to contact me.
Best regards,
Marie
didiceleste
****Modératrice****(STS)
****Modératrice****(STS)

Féminin Nombre de messages : 552
Activité actuelle : Assistante pédagogique + Ass RH
Dates de mon séjour : 11 août 2014
Ville, ETAT : Islip, NY

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 23 Jan 2014, 10:28 pm

Bonsoir à toutes!!!!
Je suis pleins préparatifs! Ce soir, c'est la lettre! Savez-vous combien de mots elle doit faire??

J'ai déjà décrit mon expérience dans le dossier en ligne. Faut-il que je la décrive de nouveau dans la lettre?

Merci!! :)
http://Expatdidiceleste.wordpress.com
Petit lu

Féminin Nombre de messages : 291
Activité actuelle : monitrice éducatrice (au chômage)
Dates de mon séjour : Départ prévu le 24 février 2014
Ville, ETAT : Albuquerque, NEW MEXICO

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 24 Jan 2014, 2:05 pm

@didiceleste : Tu peux remettre tes expériences, mais en moins détaillées :)

Je ne sais pas si ça peut vous aider mais je vais poster aussi ma lettre :)

LETTRE:

http://lu-ptit.wix.com/one-year-in-usa
claire33333

Féminin Nombre de messages : 44
Activité actuelle : étudiante
Dates de mon séjour : Départ le 29 / 06 / 2014 !!
Ville, ETAT : San Rafael, Californie

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 25 Jan 2014, 5:49 pm

Voici la mienne !! J'ai déjà matché avec une famille, mais elle pourra toujours aider les autres donc n'hésitez pas à donner votre avis, négatif ou positif ! (il y a surement des fautes car je voulais que la lettre reflète MON anglais et pas celui d'un correcteur ou d'une autre personne.

Dear Host Family,

With this letter I hope you can have a peek at my life!

My name is Claire, I'm 20 and I live in L. (South of France). I live with my sister, my father and mother; My sister loves art, drawing, music and dance. She is in an Highschool specialised in Arts, she is a really nice girl even if she can be really stubborn ! My mother, N., works as a psychologist for kids, she loves to work in her garden and to go out for a walk. My father, C. is a computer Engineer, he loves to be outside, go for a walk in the forest, play the guitar and take care of my horse.

Which takes me to my next point; My horse Vénus, like I always say she is the love of my life ! I love her so much and we went through a lot together!

There are a lot of members in my family, among them my grand mother, I am very close to her and we exchange letters.
I will try to introduce myself without writing too much! I am currently waiting to start my second and last year of business and tourism studies. Professionaly I don't know what I want to do yet but I am someone ambitious. For now I know I want to work in communication or writing, and I would like to use English a lot. On a more personal level I love writing, music and singing, this year I will be able to start piano and singing lessons as a beginer and I can't wait! I practiced a lot of different activities and sport ( theater, dance, judo, pottery, drawing, running, horse riding...) because I am someone that loves to try new things and discover every day.

I would describe myself as curious, excited about life, nice, open minded and calm. I always try to get the best out of things and that's why I want to be an aupair. I love spending time with children, I want to be an aupair because I would like to be able to learn to know them and act as a big sister to them, to enjoy spending a year with them but also with you as a part of your family. I really want to share my year with you and get to know you and your way of life, I would like to share your tradition, your culture. And also to share my culture with you. I want to be an aupair because I want to discover everything about your family and spend a great year with your kids and you.

I chose the USA because this country always fascinated me, there is something about your culture that amazes me, and I really want to live it. I want to live in this big country where there is so much to see and discover and learn about. I want to speak English every day and meet these different persons.

I had several experiences in Childcare, and I loved every single one of them. They all were different and I enjoyed it! also have a different kind of experience because I gave English lessons to a kid for a year, he was dyslexic and had a lot of difficulties and it was great helping him.

I love children and every single day I spend with them, they still have this innocence that most of adults don't have, they have this love of life, this joy of getting up day after day. They make me want to dream, to hope, to live, they give me life lessons, they make me grow up. I love to spend time with them because I love to think that in my mind, somewhere, I am still a child. I am a grown up, yes, I am responsible, calm, caring, I know ho to make myself respected and I know what it's like to have responsabilities. I think I have a pretty good idea of what being an adult is and I know how to act like it. But when I spend time with children they also bring the child out of me and we always have a good time.

I hope, if you think we can get along, we can learn to know each other!
Talk to you soon!"
sylvia30

Féminin Nombre de messages : 11
Activité actuelle : Rennes

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 08 Mar 2014, 5:12 am

Voilà à mon tour! bon j'ai vraiment l'impression qu'elle est pas top du tout, donc dite moi tout!! ^^ elle est aussi surement pleine de faute mais là vue l'heure (3:12 am) j'en peux plus...!

Dear Host family,

I’m Sylvia, I’m 25 and maybe your future Au Pair!  I live in Rennes, in Brittany (West of France), where I’m study. But I from Vannes, a city next to sea in south Brittany where I grew up! My parents are divorced, so we are a lot, I have 7 brother and sisters, and yes just one brother!!
My mother Jacqueline, is retired and she live in Vannes and Armand my father is an accounting teacher for adults he live with my mother-in-law in Angers (2 hours in south of Rennes). About my brothers and sisters, I have 2 sisters in my mother side and 4 sisters and my brother in my father side! So Myriam is 12, Gaëtan is 20, he works in informatics, Audrey is 22 and she works with children in a center in Toulouse in south of France, Laëtitia is 26 and she’s nurse's aide in Nantes (same city as Gaëtan) she’s the mother of Sofian 1 year old, Marie is 29 she’s police women as her husband, they have a little 2 years boy called Tristan, Olivia is 29, she works in a spa-resort in East of France, and the last Christelle is 37 and 2 children Edward and Gwladys, she is housewife. It’s hard to be all together often but when it’s the case we have a very good time!! :D We are a big family, and they all support me in this project! 

Now it’s time to introduce me in more details! I am in the University for studying economics, social and politic. This year is the last year (3rd) of my university degree, and in June (normally) I will have my diploma! After my lessons I do gymnastic (2 nights per week) and competition sometimes at the week-end, I see my friends, and I babysit 2 children. I also love to sew, do creative art, I listen a lot of music and I go to concerts when I can.
And about my personality, I think I’m funny, excited about life, smiling, curious, open minded, nice, calm and patient. I love children and it’s a real pleasure to spend time and play with them, we learn so much with them! I take care of them, I’m listening to them, and I love make activities with children such as, make a cake, drawing, painting, modeling clay, play in the garden or park, creative art…
At the moment I babysit 2 children (since November), Elodie 9 years old and her little brother Raphaël 5 years old, 3 times per week. I take them to school, I help Elodie to do her homework, I give them their bath, and I prepare dinner for them and their parents. And if we have time for play, we play together! 
When I lived in Vannes I took care of 2 children, Malia and Merlin 2 and 6 years old at the beginning. I kept them at night when the parents wanted go out or the Week end, 2 or 3 times per month, sometimes more. We played together in the garden with Mosaïque, it’s their turtle who live in their garden! So we spent a lot of time to search her!! ^^ They live next to the beach, so when the weather was great we went to the sea and were built a sand castle!
I have also spent a lot of times with my nephew and niece, Gwladys and Edward, so many memories! One moment that I prefer it’s when it’s time to create own Halloween pumpkins! Children have so much ideas and It’s big joy to see them happy and concentrate for making a best pumpkin, and after wait night for put a light inside and see the beautiful work they did!

I really think this year in Au Pair will be a beautiful experience. I love children and I think it’s best way to learn about the country who fascinate me since I was young. I really want to integrate an American family, for discover your culture and maybe help you to discover a bit my culture! I’m responsible, mature and neat, and I will know to take care about your children like they are my brothers and sisters! 

Thank you very much for taking time to read my letter, and feel free to contact me if you need to know anything else! I hope I am the Au Pair you want! I can wait to meet you, talk to you soon I hope!
DoReMi

Féminin Nombre de messages : 14
Activité actuelle : Etudiante

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 09 Juil 2014, 7:57 pm

Bonjour/Bonsoir, je me permets de poster ici ma lettre pour avoir des avis avant de la soumettre avec mon dossier...  ^^

"Dear host family,

My name is Noemie, and I am 22. I am a French student majoring in English literature and civilization. My dream is to become a teacher. I am not sure yet whether I would like to live in France or abroad. I live with my family in the countryside of the southern part of France, near a quite big city called Toulouse. My mother is 50 and working in a factory. I have two little brothers: Quentin (20), he is fond of martial arts (and doing boxing tournaments) and his dream is to become a policeman. Pierrick is 16 so he is still a high school student. He is studying hard in order to become a pâtissier. He is practicing breakdance a lot. I also live with a lot of pets. I have two dogs, and a big cat who thinks he is a dog. I also have a ferret and I used to raise birds, rats, rabbits, sheep… My house might look like a little farm sometimes.

I grew up in the countryside of France, which not only mean that when I was a child my best friends were sheep and cows, but also that I know almost everybody in the little town where I live. At the age of 19 I decided to go to university in one of the biggest city in France, Lyon. There I discovered city life and I liked it as much as countryside. I think I need both to be happy.
I always had a big interest for foreign languages. I have been learning English since junior high school and it has always been my favorite subject. In university I started learning Japanese and Korean as second and third languages. I had the opportunity to live during almost one year in South Korea and I felt deeply in love with this country, its language and its culture. There I had the chance to teach English to children aged 6 to 12 and it helped me find my way. I want to become an English teacher, or a French teacher in a foreign country. That is why I want to experience life in an English speaking country. I made some American and English friends in Korea, and to be honest British accent has always been my favorite.

I am used to live alone and as I already mentioned, I am also used to live abroad. It means that I can do almost any chore at home, and that I am independent enough to take initiatives when needed. I have been vegetarian for 6 years now, but it has never been a problem since I love cooking and I don’t hesitate to cook meat for the children I take care of. In France as well as in Korea, I have always been surrounded by children and I love being with them so much. That is why I choose the Au pair program. I started doing baby-sitting when I was 15, and I have never stopped since then. When I was teaching English in South Korea, every day when I was going back home by bus at night, no matter how much I was tired because of the children, I was always smiling alone remembering how funny and happy my day was thanks to them. In France I have been taking care of Gaëtan ( 14 years old boy) and Romane (11 years old girl) for 6 years now. They are like my family. I used to go on trip with them and their mother a few times like an au pair, I spent a lot of time with them every week because they were living in the same street and when I had to go far away for my studies, we kept in touch by Skype and I met them often during holidays. I have always felt like a big sister with them.

I think my main qualities are to be open-minded, patient, and I have a high capacity of adaptation. There is almost nothing I dislike to do. I am also easy-going and I make friends pretty easily. I am hard working, polite, and always ready to make new experiences.
I like almost any sport and especially, basketball, football, horse riding, swimming, running… As well as all kind of music. I started learning how to play the piano in Korea but I had to stop when I came back to France. I hope I can start learning again one day.

I hope that my letter will give you the envy to know me more. I can’t wait to meet you and your children and I hope to see you soon!

Noemie"
ErinObonansky
:: Intrax ::
:: Intrax ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 470
Activité actuelle : Étudiante en M1 LEA
Dates de mon séjour : 25 août 2014 - 31 août 2015
Ville, ETAT : Palisades, NY

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 09 Juil 2014, 10:05 pm

Je la trouve chouette ta lettre :-)
DoReMi

Féminin Nombre de messages : 14

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 10 Juil 2014, 12:27 am

Merci beaucoup, c'est rassurant ^^
J'ai encore une semaine avant de l'envoyer donc si jamais quelqu'un passe par là et a des conseils à me donner pour l'améliorer je suis preneuse!
Marionnnnettte
:: STS ::
:: STS ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1882

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 10 Juil 2014, 12:37 pm

Essayes peut-être de plus développer la partie concernant ton expérience avec les enfants.
Sinon ta lettre est parfaite !! Et je pense qu'elle donnera aux familles envie de te contacter !

¤ ________________ ¤
Ancienne Au pair en Irlande
Bébé Laura

Féminin Nombre de messages : 9
Activité actuelle : Aucune

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 08 Déc 2014, 4:48 pm

Coucou =).
Bon ba voila j'ai finis ma lettre, et j'aimerais votre avis svp, merci.

Dear host family

My name is Laura, I’m 20 years old. I live with my parents in a small village that call St Remy-en-Bouzemont St Genest et Isson near the town Reims. It is situated in the region “Champagne-Ardennes” in the North-East of France.
My parents, Eric and Severine are bargee, they live and work on our boat. I don’t have sisters and brothers. I have a very good relationship with my parents, we are very connected but I have habitude to be separate. I was in the internship during 13 years and now I live principally alone in the home because my parents are present that some week-end. I like to pass time in family, this is why I would like really integrate me in my future host family.

My parents and my friends support me in my decision to become an au pair and think that it’s very good experience for me. I want to become an au pair because I love children and I would like work with them. More the program will permit me to discover a new culture, the life an American family, to learn English, and travel. The United States is a dream for me.

I have a BEP health and social careers, a CAP little childhood, a Additional comment home help, and the BAFA (animation degree). During my training, I validated my first aid degree. I also made different placements (nursery school, day care center, nursing home, at home with old persons and camps).
After this years, I would like to do this program in another country. After I will want to work with kids in the day care center or in a camp. And maybe started a family. But nothing is sure.

After my studies, I doing little season job and I was working 4 months with an old person at her home. More, I gained divers experiences with children with different babysitting.
Firstly, with Morgane, 6 years, I have begin keep her at 6 months. I giving her bottle feeding, bathing, changing her diapers, le snack, go to school… I created a real contact with her over years through different guard (day, night, weekend, holidays) in divers activities ( playground, zoo, games, cook, bowling…). She did her first steps in my home for to come in my arms, it were so cute.
Secondly with Maxime 5 years and Emma 2 years, I have begin with Maxime at the age of 2 years then with Emma after her birth. I play ( social games, swing..), give the snack and go to school with Maxime. I give bottle feeding and supervise Emma during the nap.
Next I had keep Julie 11 years, Nathan 4 years and Gaitan 3 years. I prepared the meals. I played “monopoly” with the tall, and I read stories, watch cartoons and played “lego” with the two boys.
I have too do afternoon swimming-pool with Leo 7 years and Cloé 10 years.
For finish, I worked in a camps during 1 month et 1 week in another. I was animator. I proposed and realized different activities (cultural : quiz, sport : balloon, manual : color salt…) for children. I supervised the children during some activities proposed by special monitor (archery, canoeing, climbing…). And I helped them in the acts of daily life as the meal. Every morning, the children came to do hug me for say hello and the good-byes was very sad.
All experiences was very good, I lived amazing moments with the children.

I am somebody independent and serious but I like so much laugh and fun. My friends find me dependable, listening to, and open-minded. When I don’t know at departure I am timid.

I like watch TV and listen to music but I like many go out play petanque (I am part of a club),do bike, go to bowling, cinema and rink same if I am not good. I like too the nautical activities (canoeing, jet sky…). I enjoy take a pictures, my friends say that I am a “paparazzi” because I take so much photography. For finish I like cooking.

I am impatient to meet my futur host family, to live and to discover new things with them.

I hope see you soon.

N'hesiter pas a me dire ce que vous en penser, je sais quel est pas parfaite. Merci d'avance a ceux qui me répondrons.
Flavia68

Féminin Nombre de messages : 5
Activité actuelle : Assistante d'éducation dans un collège
Dates de mon séjour : 15 aout 2016

MessageSujet: [Flavia68] Ma Dear Host Letter   Jeu 10 Mar 2016, 12:31 pm

Bonjour bonjour,

J'ai enfin fini ma lettre. Cependant j'ai un anglais plus ou moins basique donc je me suis aidée d'un dictionnaire pour certains mot, donc la syntaxe des phrases ne sera pas au top. Merci d'avance de votre aide et de vos avis. Embarassed

My Dear host family

Time is come to write you a letter !

First of all. I would like to thank you for reading my letter and spending time on getting to know me better. We never met, so I hope the following lines will give you a good impression about me.

My name is Flavia and I’m 21 years old. I live in Altkirch, a small town near Strasbourg, in the east of France. I have my own apartment since one year.My parents live in a small village situated 15 minutes near Altkirch. My father called Pascal, he has 53 years old. He is truck driver in Swiss and he lives alone in a big house. My mother is Barbara, she has 49 years old. She works at home for take care my little half brother Tom (5years old). My stepfather name is Pascal too. He is Tom’s father. I’ve got one big brother, Gaëtan, he is 23 years old and he is builder in Swiss. My family supported my project to become an au Pair and they are very happy for me. I have really good relationship with them. But I like to be alone from time to time.

My friends and my family describe me as an open-minded, funny, spontaneous, sportive and creative person. Laughing is one of my favorite things to do. I’m an optimistic person and I’m always making the most out every situation. I'm talkative but don't worry if at the beginning I am a little shy.

At the moment I work in a medium school. I’m supervisor since September 2015. I take care to 480 students, more exactly 30 students in classroom. They is from 11 to 15 years old. We often do creative activities, and I help them to do their homeworks. I’m really spread to work with them.

My child care experiences : first I take care my little half brother since his birth. He was born when I’m 16. This made me responsible quickly. I changed his diaper, bathed him, prepared his meal,.. What I liked most is to see him grow and play with him. Now he has 5years old, so the games have evolved. But we often play hide and seek, and it is so funny to see him hide behind a plant or under a blanket.

Then i have take care Jeanne who is 11 years old and her brother Vivien who is 7 years old. In the beggining i care them when they come to play with my little brother. But they lost their Dad. So since this moment i often help their mother, i retrieved them at the output of the bus, gave their snack, helped to do their homeworks and play with them until their mother came home. I am pround to have help the children in this difficult time.

I want to be an au pair because it’s my dream for long times. This includes two of my passions: taking care of children and the United States (One of my favorite countries with Italy and Australia). I want to live in a American family to have an experience of the American culture and customs. I think it's the best way to improved my English. But above all Children are very important to my eyes because they represent all of the innocent wich we lost growing up.

I don't really know what I want to do in my future but I will like to keep my English in my job and why not with kids as teacher of French in USA, if it's possible !

I hope you have love my letter and I am looking forward to see and hear you.

See you soon.

Flavia
Aodrenn
******Administratrice****** (Calvin Thomas)

Féminin Nombre de messages : 6128
Activité actuelle : Orthophoniste
Dates de mon séjour : septembre 2002 à septembre 2003
Ville, ETAT : NYC (Woodside, Queens), NEW YORK

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 11 Mar 2016, 5:46 pm

Au niveau du contenu, je trouve ta lettre bien, tu parles de tout ce dont il est utile de parler, tu parles de tes experiences avec quelques anecdotes... bien!
Au niveau de l'anglais, il y a des erreurs mais pas de soucis pour te comprendre! :) Je ne corrige pas l'anglais car ca doit rester TON anglais sauf s'il y a des soucis de comprehension...
Alors sur le paragraphe ou tu parles de ton experience actuelle, je suppose que c'est dans un college? Medium school n'existe pas (en tout cas aux US), c'est middle school.
Par ailleurs, je ne sais pas ce que tu voulais dire par "i'm really SPREAD to work with them"?
Ca se voit un peu que tu as utilise le dictionnaire dans certaines phrases du style "i retrieved them at the output of the bus" (on dirait tout simplement "I picked them up at the bus stop") mais on comprend! Wink

Et juste pour info, Swiss c'est l'adjectif ou les gens de la Suisse, le pays c'est Switzerland Wink

¤ ________________ ¤
Ancienne au pair - 2002/2003 - Woodside, NEW YORK - 3 enfants : 5, 3 et 2 ans
Ancienne Intervieweuse  et conseillère linguistique 2004-06
http://aodrenn-aupair.travelblog.fr
Flavia68

Féminin Nombre de messages : 5
Activité actuelle : Assistante d'éducation dans un collège
Dates de mon séjour : 15 aout 2016

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 12 Mar 2016, 12:42 am

Merci Merci Aodrenn !

Pour "spread" je voulais dire que je suis épanouie de travailler avec eux. J'ai fait l'erreur d'utiliser un traducteur... No

Merci encore pour ton avis je vais corriger deux trois fautes que j'ai pu aussi remarquer et je vais l'envoyer.
Aodrenn
******Administratrice****** (Calvin Thomas)

Féminin Nombre de messages : 6128
Activité actuelle : Orthophoniste
Dates de mon séjour : septembre 2002 à septembre 2003
Ville, ETAT : NYC (Woodside, Queens), NEW YORK

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 12 Mar 2016, 8:39 pm

De rien! Bon courage pour la suite!!

¤ ________________ ¤
Ancienne au pair - 2002/2003 - Woodside, NEW YORK - 3 enfants : 5, 3 et 2 ans
Ancienne Intervieweuse  et conseillère linguistique 2004-06
http://aodrenn-aupair.travelblog.fr
Contenu sponsorisé