Partagez | 

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Dawlish

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Dim 28 Mar 2010, 9:50 pm

Bonjours à tous,

A mon tour de poster ma lettre. Ce n'est qu'un brouillon, et selon vos remarques et critiques que j'espère nombreuses et instructives, j'aviserais des modifications. Merci d'avance !

Dear host family,

My name is Jocelyn, I am 18 years old and I am Swiss. I live in Martigny, a little town between mountains in the canton of Valais. I have two sisters : Jenny (20), who she take care of children in a nursery and Laura (13), schoolgirl. My father, Didier, is a carpenter and my mother, Agnès, is a housewife. I love them. Have a good relationship with my family is very important for me. They support me in my beautiful project.

I am fortunate to have a big family. My mother has 9 siblings, and my father has … 9 siblings too. Most have children. I look after frequently my little cousins, aged 1 to 13 years. I like spend time with them. It’s only moments of weal.

Since 3 years, I am activities leader in a group of children aged 10 to 15 years. We meet us frequently, for activity during a day (play, testimony, …) and camps of 2-3 days. During camps, I planne activities, we have fun and eat together, I put them to bed et I make sur they have a good night. I like these days. To be with children, it’s a real passion.

I also baby-sit. I look after Lorik (1) some evenings and weekends. I walk around and have fun with him, preparing his bottle and the bath, and put him to bed. He is so lovely and friendly (except once where he vomited on me at night --‘). There is also Yanis (6) and his sister Jade (12) that I look after several times. With them, we do more sport and activity as drawing, crafts and games. Yanis is very hyperactive, but we get on very well.

I will do a internship of 2 weeks in August in a nursery and take care of 10 children aged 1 to 4 years. I am looking forward !

I am very dynamic, responsive, independent, creative, friendly and very patient. I am also very sportsman and I like art (reading, writings, cinema, drawing and photography). I think that I can‘t live without music. I have begin piano since March (I have wanted since I was kid). Travel is also a worship ; I went during 10 days on walk the Sahara desert. It was wonderful !

I finished my apprenticeship as an employee of commerce, and now I want to change my universe. During my apprenticeship, I always wanted to learn English. Knowing another language is very important for the future. That and my affection for children and my desire to travel and to discover a new culture directing me to this project.

One year as au pair in USA ? A magic dream. During this year, my first desire is to integrate your family. I hope to have a great relationship, and to can share your family. If I can stay with you in my free time, it will be truly exceptional. Take care and educate of your children will be my main priorities. I want also to discover a new culture, a new country, a new world : the american life.

This adventure bring me a lot of emotion and maturity. When I come back to Switzerland, I would like to become a social educator for work with children, and continue to travel aroud the world. Who knows, maybe I will return in the USA in a few years and we may end up ?

I hope you enjoyed my letter. I look forward to hearing you soon,

Jocelyn

Dernière édition par Dawlish le Dim 28 Mar 2010, 10:28 pm, édité 2 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
mamzellelune
:: Calvin Thomas ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2437
Activité actuelle : prépa CRPE
Dates de mon séjour : 24/08/09 ~ 21/03/11
Ville, ETAT : Waban (Newton) MA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Dim 28 Mar 2010, 10:05 pm

He is cabbage !!! : N'utilises pas trop les traducteurs cela t'induit en erreur, cabbage c'est le legume on l'emploie pas pour une personne !!

Take care prend la proprosition of derriere tout le temps. Tu peux aussi utiliser look after pour changer.

Bring me a lot of heat ?? Tu entends quoi par là ?

Keep ne s'emploie pas pour un enfant.

During camps, I am planned activities, we have fun and eat together : Probleme de temps !!
http://www.follow-me.overblog.net
Dawlish

Masculin Nombre de messages : 10

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Dim 28 Mar 2010, 10:30 pm

Merci beaucou Mamzellelune !

J'ai éditer la lettre ci-dessus pour ne pas la reposter en ajouter les "of" après Take care et en changent 2-3 en look afert.

a lot of heat, j'ai mis plutôt a lot of emotion. Je voulais dire qu'ils m'apporteraient beaucoup de chaleur, mais même en français, je me rend compte que ça veut pas dire grand chose ^^

Est-ce que ça va sinon ? Dans le fond de la lettre, manque-il quelque chose ?
Mikicam44

Féminin Nombre de messages : 242
Activité actuelle : Etudiante
Dates de mon séjour : Départ le 19 juillet 2010 pour les usa! arrivée dans ma famille le 22 juillet!
Ville, ETAT : South Orange, NEW JERSEY

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 10 Avr 2010, 2:23 pm

coucou Dawlish! j'ai beaucoup aimé ta lettre, je la trouve originale et personnelle!je voulais juste te dire que ta phrase Who knows, maybe I will return in the USA in a few years and we may
end up ?
pourrait porter à confusion puisque les parents pourraient se demander 'end up what'??? en finir avec quoi, en gros! rien de grave, mais je te conseillerai de rectifier en écrivant plutôt:
Who knows where I may end up? Maybe I will return to the USA in a few years!
ou alors l'inverse: Maybe I will return to the US in a few years, who knows where one may end up!

mais dans le fond je trouve ta lettre cool!
Mikicam44

Dates de mon séjour : Départ le 19 juillet 2010 pour les usa! arrivée dans ma famille le 22 juillet!

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 12 Avr 2010, 1:36 pm

hello tout le monde!
je suis venue à bout de ma lettre! pensez-vous
que le contenu est bon? j'espère avoir développé la partie childacre
experience comme il faut..
sinon je ne sais pas si c'est approprié de
parler du divorce de mes parents, mais je voulais montrer que justement
c'était pas la guerre entre eux. héhé
merci!

Dear Host family,
My name is Camille and I am a 22-year-old girl living and studying in Nantes, a historical yet modern and dynamic city which I dearly love, located near Brittany and the west coast of France. I live in a nice little house with my mum Anne, who works in an insurance company, and my cat Simba – yes, my brother and I are from the old Disney's generation. My dad Philippe, who is a postal worker, also lives in Nantes and I see him quite often, and I am always happy to see my 24-year-old brother Guillaume, who currently works in the South of France as a geologist, when he comes back home from time to time. Though my parents are divorced since I was a child, they are now in good terms and we usually celebrate events such as Christmas or our birthdays all together.
I am currently a student in my fourth year of Literature studies at the University of Nantes. Last year I spent an academic year at the University of Birmingham, England. I lived with two British girls so I spent most of my time with native people, which was a wonderful way to improve my English, but also to become truly independent and to learn how to adapt to a new culture. And now I have decided to live another lifetime experience by discovering another culture that is the American one!
After my year in the US I plan to become a primary school teacher because I love working with kids, teaching them and taking part in their personal development. My family and friends agree with me that a year as an Au Pair would be a wonderful experience for my future career.
I have been used to living with children and in community, as my dad used to work in summer camps for more than 10 years. After having been a camper myself, I helped the counselors when I visited my dad, and then I worked for two summers as part of the catering staff in camps. From all this I learned a lot of fun things to do with kids - art&crafts, indoor and outdoor games, songs - as well as how to behave with children and take care of them.
My major/main childcare experience lasted more than a year -May 2007/June 2008-, during which I took care of two boys, Vincent (8) and Jean (12). My duties were to pick Vincent up from school three times a week and to walk him home, or to his piano lesson/class, to prepare the kids a snack, tutor them - especially the younger - , do activities with them, and when occasionally the parents were going home later than usual, to make sure the kids had their shower. I enjoyed helping them with their homework and school projects, chatting about music, sports or the news, playing tennis table and board games with the younger one -even if he was a poor looser!- , and helping the elder in his film making projects was a lot of fun – mostly because we were all really bad actors! A few times I also watched them and their friends when there were play dates at their house and once I acted as a chaperon with Vincent's class when they went ice-skating.
Concerning my other childcare experiences, I baby-sited a few times: the last one was last summer, when I watched a bunch of children aged from 2 to 8 during one night while the parents were at a wedding. Last fall I also did a one-week work placement in two classes of second and third graders, during which I sometimes helped the teacher with some duties.
In my spare time I enjoy going to the movies or watching series, reading and writing or surfing on the internet, but also - I am not a geeky person, don't worry- I love playing games with my family or friends, going out for a walk, or to the museums, the park... Even though I am not the most sporty person in the world, I need to get enough exercise: I like running (when it is sunny), and swimming, and enjoy walking; I occasionally go ice-skating or playing tennis with my brother, and I am the kind of person that prefers riding to go to university rather than taking the bus. Last year I applied myself to cook and bake a lot with my British housemate and it has become one of my past-times - I am currently trying myself on cupcakes. Yummy! I am also a music and dance lover: I play the piano - not very well though –, I used to take ballet, modern dance and rock&roll classes and am really missing it! I also love traveling, discovering new places, people and cultures - and I must admit that my one week trip to NYC with my brother left me with a feeling of uncompletness in my discovery of the US.
This year as an Au Pair would be an excellent opportunity to carry on exploring this country and experience the American culture and way of life, while sharing my culture with a family. I am particularly eager to live a year-long childcare experience, and I believe it would be fulfilling for my personal development as well as for my professional life. Also, being part of the Educare program would be a great opportunity to discover the American college life, but moreover to take classes on subjects different from the ones I used to do in France.
I am a very composed and responsible person, patient with kids but also fun and creative. I am dynamic yet know how to stay calm and how to handle stressful situations. My parents say I am a bit dreamy sometimes, but it never did any harm so far, and paradoxically, I am very down-to-earth. I am quite independent, and sometimes -like anybody- I need to be alone, but I am also outgoing -though I can feel a little shy at first - and it is very important that I find a host family I could feel part of.
I hope you will consider sharing this great experience with me and I look froward to hearing from you!
Emilie04
:: STS ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1438
Activité actuelle : LLCE Anglais + Représentante APC côte d'Azur
Dates de mon séjour : Seattle : 30 Août 2010 - 30 août 2011
Toronto : 1 Mai 2012 - 30 Août 2012

Ville, ETAT : Seattle, Wa
Toronto, ON

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 12 Avr 2010, 10:18 pm

Je trouve ta lettre très bien ! Bon anglais, tu parles beaucoup des enfants, de toi, tes passions etc, pourquoi partir au pair. Je ne vois rien qui manque !
nice ! Wink
Mathilde289
:: Au pair care ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 708
Activité actuelle : au pair
Dates de mon séjour : 16/08/2010 - ??
Ville, ETAT : Alexandria, VA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 19 Avr 2010, 8:58 pm

Hey !!
J'ai enfin terminé ma lettre ! cheers
Je la poste ici pour que vous me disiez ce que vous en penser !! =)

Edit après les corrections

Dear host family,

My name is Mathilde, I am 18 years old. I live close to Nantes, a city in the west of the France, [not far from the sea (so I can often go to the sea side, when the weather allows it)].I live with my parents and my two brothers (but they are on the point of leaving the house). My father, Denis, has his own factory and works like a commercial sales person. My mother, Josiane, is a teacher in an nursery school. She has a correspondent pen pal who lives in Birmingham, Alabama. My brothers are Thomas (24) who is an engineer and Antoine (21) who is a geometer.

I am a student, preparing my high school scientific diploma, and my favorite subject is sport. I learn English since I was 9 years old and Spanish since I was 13 years old.
My project is to study to become a nursery nurse. I love to help people, take care of them and treat them. I went in an internship with a nurse recently, it was a great pleasure to keep up with her all the day and assist (her) in the care provided to patients.
I also went in an internship during a week in a nursery with children who were between a few months and 3 years old. I played games with children, we painted (with the oldests), I changed youngers’ diapers. I also helped counselors in after school activities (with children between 3 and 7 years old). We made cakes, handcrafts, different games (indoor and outdoor), sport (table tennis ping-pong)…

Last summer, I have been in Ireland like an aupair for two months. I looked after two children: Kennedy, 8 years old, and Erin, 5 years old. As it was summer holiday for children, they played a lot outside. We went to the park, to the swimming pool (they always wanted to stay in the water!), we did bicycle. They lived in a housing development, so they had a lot of neighbors with who they could play (Kennedy loved to play cards with his friends). We also played soccer matches all together, it was so funny! At home, I prepared breakfast and lunch for Kennedy and Erin, I helped Erin to have take ( enfin les 2 peuvent se dire il me semble...) her shower, I used the vacuum cleaner, I ironed children clothes… I had a good relationship with host family’s neighbors and I liked to speak with them; sometimes I went to take a tea with them.

I am used to baby sit with children of different age, from 6 months to 8 years old.
I often looked after my neighbors’children between 2005 and 2009. (Their mother is in maternal vacation matenity leave) They have 4 children: Paul, the oldest, who is 6 years old. He is the leader, the example for his brothers. Martin, 4 years old, is the most curious. Simon, 2 years old, likes to speak with his brothers. Hector, the last one, is 6 months. (I never looked after him, but I saw him several times so I know he is very cute!) They love we pay them attention. I looked after them on Saturdays morning when parents worked or on weekend when parents went out. I played outdoor and indoor with them, helped them to have take their shower, prepared their dinner, read them stories (they all love stories!!) and put them to bed.

As they were satisfied from the way I took care of their children, they recommended me to some of their friends. So then, I looked after an infant of 10 months, Arthur, 2 days a week during a summer. He was so lovely when he started his first steps!

I also looked after Timothée, 3 years old, a child of my parents’ friends. He is calm and likes to do quiet games. I taught him to do bicycle, so now he loves cycling in his garden.

From all this experiences, I learned a lot of things about kids, how to behave with children and take care of them. I have succeeded in establishing a relationship of respect, trust, both with children as parents.

Why the US? I love to discover new countries and new cultures! I already went in UK (one time in holiday with my parents and one time with my school) and in Ireland, so I would like to go in another English spoken country. I chose the aupair program because I love to be with children and I think to live in a foreign family is the best way to learn a language. I want to improve my English language because I think it’s very important today. I want to meet new people and to discover a new culture. I hope to share with you the French culture too, so that it will be a cultural exchange. I want to learn more about the US, about the “American way of life”! And above all, I want to live a great experience with children! Children are very important for me; they are full of energy, of imagination, of curiosity! I think they can bring me as much as I can bring them. I love to play with children, to draw with them, to do manual activities, to go for a walk… I could also teach your children French language. I would enjoy seeing your children growing up and changing during this year, they are so fascinating!

A few more about me… I am a fun and loving person, I like to make people laugh and I have a good sense of humour. I am curious and open-minded, I always want to discover new things. I am dynamic and creative (I love doing handcrafts for example), I don’t like to stay with nothing to do. I am also patient with children and very responsible, I know to put limits when it’s necessary. I possess my first aids, so I can intervene in case of problem.

In my spare time, I practice handball (it’s my favorite sport). I like to be with my friends, to go out with them. I like listening music, going to movies. I also like cooking, especially cakes, I am greedy!

Thank you for reading my letter. I hope it will make you want to learn more about me.
I look forward to hearing for you!
Best regards,
Mathilde.

Dernière édition par Mathilde289 le Jeu 22 Avr 2010, 12:27 pm, édité 2 fois (Raison : Petites corrections apportées...)
A&F

Féminin Nombre de messages : 10
Activité actuelle : [au pair]
Dates de mon séjour : Octobre 2010-2011
Ville, ETAT : SF, CALIFORNIE

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 20 Avr 2010, 7:52 pm

bonjour tout le monde,

en plein montage de dossier j'ai besoin d'avis sur ma lettre. alors voilà, j'vous la poste. J'ai voulu être originale, ce qui explique mon intro. ^^

Once upon a time, in a place which was not that far away from yours, lived a young girl named Alexandra. She was 20, almost 21 and she was dreaming about becoming an au pair. But why such a dream? Well, let me explain to you the story of my life, because I am that dreamy girl.

My family and I live in France, in the Parisian suburb. My brother, Emmanuel (18), and I are very close. Well, it has not been always like that, but now that we have grown up we understand each other easier. And this is a very good thing. Indeed, my family is very important to me. I am lucky that they support me, and encourage me to fulfill my dream.

I have always wanted to visit the US, to discover this country. So the au pair program is really an easy way for me to do it. But more than that, it is a great program which would permit me to do what I love to do. Is there a better way for someone like me to combine his will to travel and his love for children?! I don’t think so. So here I am writing to you, my dear host family-to-be.

Let’s talk about me (but don’t worry, I am not conceited. This is just for you to know me better.). So where do I begin? I have already talked about my family. Well I think this is my friends’ turn. I don’t have a lot of very good friends. It is not that I am not sociable, but I think that it is better to have a few close friends rather than too many who don't really care about you. And lucky me again, my few friends are just awesome. Our favorite activity is to redo the world. This is so easy, enjoyable but we don’t play too long because it can also be very disappointed: the world never changes. So when I am tired to be disappointed I love to do manual activities such as scrapbooking. And this time, you are the lucky one because I have learnt that there are a lot of big stores in the US, which sell exclusively accessories for scrapbooking. This is so great. I cannot wait for the moment that the children and I would share customizing our photos, after having finished the homework, of course.

This point reminds me that I still not have talked about my experience with children. So, I especially have babysitting experience. This was not really a job because I love to spend time with children. They are so much simple than the grownups. So besides my younger siblings, I looked after Tony (10) and his sister, Emmy (6), a few years ago. Basically, I helped them to do their homework and then I played with them. We often had lunch together. I love cooking. I also took care of Clement when he was two. It was so great to see his evolution and to help him with it. This is something that makes me happy among so many others.

My happiness is something very appreciated around me and I hope that we will soon share very good moments together. I already know that I am going to love spending a year with you.
Thank you for reading me. I hope to see you soon.
Alexandra Fontaine.
http://my-american-journey.skyrock.com
hideandseek

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1023
Activité actuelle : Etudiante VPT
Dates de mon séjour : 19/08/13 - 19/09/15
Ville, ETAT : Livonia, MI
Arlington, VA
Piedmont, CA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 20 Avr 2010, 9:53 pm

J'aime bien ta lettre mais tu devrais plus developper ta partie avec les enfants, donner plus d'exemples concrets de ce que tu fais avec eux, etc.
http://repeataupair.wordpress.com
frenchgirl in the usa

Féminin Nombre de messages : 552

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 21 Avr 2010, 6:46 am

petite aide:
un commercial = sales person
correspondant = pen pal
nantes est pres de l'ocean!!!
se doucher = to take a shower, to shower
tennis de table =- ping pong
conges maternels = maternity leave
Emilie04

Toronto, ON

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 21 Avr 2010, 11:41 am

J'ai lu la lettre à Mathilde (A&F les filles tont déjà répondu ^^), elle est super bien ! Tu as une très très bonne expérience et je suis sûre qu'avec ça tu vas dégoter une super famille ! Le fait d'avoir à peine 18 ans et d'avoir déjà fait au pair dans un pays anglophone est super ! Par contre tu devrais parler tu permis dedans ! Et sinon je vois rien de spécial, voilà voilà ! Continue bien ! :D
Mathilde289

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 21 Avr 2010, 11:55 am

Merci pour vos aides !!
Euh oui j'ai mis Nantes près de l'océan parce que quand je parle avec des familles américaines, ou même quand ma mère parle avec sa corres américaine, ça ne les dérange pas de faire 2 heures de route juste pour aller à la mer un week end, ils ne trouvent pas ça long... Enfin après c'est peut être pas utile que je le mette ! Laughing
Sinon pour le permis ba en fait je ne l'ai pas encore, donc je préfère ne pas en parler plutot que dire que je ne l'ai pas... Mais bon je ne sais pas trop comment faire parce que je vais surement le passer bientot (dès que j'aurais une date) et que la lettre, une fois que j'aurais appuyé sur submit, je ne pourrais plus la modifier ! Et c'est vrai que c'est important de le mettre ! Surtout que ça fait 2 ans que je conduit avec mes parents, donc je pense que niveau conduite, ça va ! Vous pensez qu'il faut quand même que je mette que j'ai mon permis même si je ne l'ai pas ? (je vais l'avoir avant de partir de toute manière...) Enfin ça ne se fait pas trop de mentir... :/
Emilie04

Toronto, ON

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 21 Avr 2010, 12:29 pm

J'avais le même soucis que toi ! Non ne marque rien et dès que tu l'as tu envoie la nouvelle version avec ton permis dedans ! Toute manière au pire ils le verront dans ton dossier que tu l'as !
Mathilde289

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 21 Avr 2010, 4:09 pm

Autrement je pensais mettre que ça fait 2 ans que je fais la conduite accompagnée, et que je vais avoir mon permis prochainement...?
Et sinon, je ne savais pas comment on disait passer l'aspirateur, du coup j'ai mis "to use the vacuum cleaner" Il existe peut être une meilleure expression ? Enfin au pire je ne pense pas que les familles vont s'arrêter à ce détail...
Mikicam44

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 21 Avr 2010, 4:13 pm

to vacuum...? oui au pire tu dis que tu participais aux tâches ménagères, comme ça ça englobe l'aspirateur et d'autres tâches.
et pour le permis je serais toi je ne me prendrais pas la tête, n'écris rien. Ils le verront bien sur ton dossier, et quant à tes 2 ans de conduite accompagnée tu leur expliqueras quand vous serez en contact t quand ils te poseront la question!
Emilie04

Toronto, ON

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 21 Avr 2010, 4:15 pm

Passer l'aspirateur = hoovering ! :D loool
Sinon les deux sont bien oui, mais je préfère quand même ne rien dire, de toute manière ils savent que c'est obligatoire donc tu l'as, et comme la dit mikicam, quand tu sera en contact tu le diras !!
Mathilde289

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 21 Avr 2010, 4:21 pm

Oui c'est vrai c'est écrit dans le dossier !
Merci pour tous les filles ! =D
Mikicam44

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mer 21 Avr 2010, 4:27 pm

vacuum euh => hoover, je voulais dire... (je suis perturbée en ce moment...) c'est pas le nom plutôt? "aspirateur" je veux dir. enfin moi et le vocabulaire anglais... il me semblait pourtant que to vacuum ou to do the vacuum clining ça se disait aussi..;(comme quoi passer un an en Angleterre ça a vachement amélioré mon anglais... héhé)

Dernière édition par Mikicam44 le Jeu 22 Avr 2010, 12:37 pm, édité 1 fois
frenchgirl in the usa

Féminin Nombre de messages : 552

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 22 Avr 2010, 12:42 am

@Mathilde289 a écrit:
Merci pour vos aides !!
Euh oui j'ai mis Nantes près de l'océan parce que quand je parle avec des familles américaines, ou même quand ma mère parle avec sa corres américaine, ça ne les dérange pas de faire 2 heures de route juste pour aller à la mer un week end, ils ne trouvent pas ça long... Enfin après c'est peut être pas utile que je le mette ! Laughing

non non c'est bien que tu le mettes.
je suis de nantes, et nantes c'est [pres de l'ocean, pas de la mer!!!!!
ca a son importance si on est surfeur Wink
Mathilde289

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 22 Avr 2010, 12:22 pm

Ah oui lol Wink
C'est parce qu'on dit toujours qu'on va à la mer, on dit jamais "eh c'taprem on va à l'océan !" lol ! Bref je vais changer ça ! :D
jackesse0509

Féminin Nombre de messages : 6
Activité actuelle : Conseillère de Mode

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 24 Avr 2010, 11:32 pm

Coucou, voilà c'est mon tour!!!
Bon bah dur dur de s'y remettre mais une fois lancée je ne pouvais plus m'arrêter!!
Ah oui, aussi j'ai du la raccourcir du fait du double interligne Sad!
Alors voilà : (je ne sais pas trop si j'ai assez parlé des enfants en même temps je ne vois pas quoi enlever sur ma famille!)

Dear Host Family,
My name is Jackie, I am 22 years old and I am looking forward to the enriching experiment which will change me forever. I live with my parents in a small town called Henansal. It is in the countryside of the Brittany (Western of France) but I am near to the sea (La Manche) and near to a big town, Saint-Brieuc.

My Family
My father is a craftsman for his account and realize every types of works for private individuals, my mother is a childminder, she takes care of three children from Monday to Saturday : Mathéo, 12 months, Mewen, 11 months and Théo, 2 years old. I have a big sister, Isabelle, she is 31, she is in charge of a regional part of a french hostel chain and live in Paris. My brother is going to be 29, he signed a PACS agreement with my sister-in-law, Maele and they have a child, my loved nephew, Aloys who is 2 years. They moved to Paris three months ago so I see my dear nephew3 less and less. Fortunately, with we make video conferences once a week during which Aloys jokes, jumps on the sofa and makes faces. The most cute is when he sends me kisses thanks to the webcam. My little sister’s name is Julie, she is 20. She is preparing a technologic academic diploma to become a laboratory operator.

More about me
I am a dynamic person, I have to move a lot and make activities. When I was younger I have made sports : four years of cycling, two years of modern dance and three years of Twirling sport. At least I try to go to swimming pool once a month but I prefer to go to the sea in summer even if It is colder. I am a generous person and I like to share with others.
I have made studies in fashion for four years. During these years I have made work experiences in Paris and in Spain. Then I decided to study in trade by preparing a “sandwich course” (studying two days and working the rest of the week). I have worked for my last year of study in a MacDonald’s restaurant, I was a cashier and also an hostess : I had to prepare and organize the children’s birthday party with activities adapt to their age. I was in charge of a group from 4 to 8 children aged from 5 to 12 years. It was a really good experience, I had to be dynamic, organized, authoritarian and very creative to propose different activities to children : playing football or other games with a ball, carnival make-up (lion, spiderman, clown for example), miming and so forth. Since November, I am a salesgirl in a women’s clothes shop in Saint-Brieuc.

Children and me
I am every day on contact with children : when I wake up, my mother is bottle-feeding to Mathéo in the kitchen and Théo is playing in the living room, if Mewen is still in bed I get him up. While I am preparing my breakfast, Théo takes a glass to drink orange juice with me and prepares the sugar to put it in my coffee… It’s our ritual ! I don’t work on Mondays and on Fridays therefore I spend my days off with my mother helping her with the children (changing the diapers too!). The two babies are in the period when they are trying to walk : Mewen needs our hands to walk whereas Mathéo who is rasher, from the sofa in the living room he tries to go to the kitchen… So we have to be very attentive !
I began to baby sit when I was sixteen with Lauriane, 4 years. I knew her since she was born. I looked after her during my holidays and when her brothers were born, I continue to look after them but I had to stop it two years ago because of my studies.
My neighbor’s children, Cloé and Léopold, 9 and 6 years, are very adorable. I took care of them until I did my last year of studies. Once a month, on weekends, I went to their home, I cooked for their dinner, I read a story (Cinderella, Robin Hood among others) and I put them to bed. The most exciting was when Léopold told us his version of the stories and let escape his imagination, giving us lot of laughs…

I am looking forward to hearing from you, I am eager to meet your family…
Talk to you soon I hope !
hideandseek

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1023
Activité actuelle : Etudiante VPT
Dates de mon séjour : 19/08/13 - 19/09/15
Ville, ETAT : Livonia, MI
Arlington, VA
Piedmont, CA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Dim 25 Avr 2010, 2:51 pm

Tu devrais pas mettre "My family" "More about me" et "children and me" je trouve que ça n'a pas sa place dans une lettre de catégoriser :/
http://repeataupair.wordpress.com
jackesse0509

Activité actuelle : Conseillère de Mode

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Dim 25 Avr 2010, 4:02 pm

Ok j'enlève les titres merci pour ton conseil!!
lil_layah

Activité actuelle : en formation à roissy CDG
Dates de mon séjour : j'ai prévue de partir pour le ...09/2010
Ville, ETAT : New york, plus précisément " SOHO"

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 01 Mai 2010, 3:51 am

salut à toutes moi c'est kelly ben j'ai fais aussi une lettre moi mais ne tenez pas conte des petit titre ils ne seront pas mis à l'envois pour my host family, dite ce que vous en pensez
bon c'est partis cheers

Dear host family,

Hello, my name is Kelly, I am 25. I live in suburban Paris in Aulnay sous Bois, with my mother. My parents are separated.

I am the last of five children, I have two brothers and two sisters.
My family encourages me in my efforts to go to the States and is very happy with it. A few months ago, I passed my driving license.

My roots are deep in the French West Indies, Guadeloupe Island, and Spain.
I studied catering for seven years and now I am training at Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport to become a catering assistant.

About kids :
Between the children and I there is a love story. I love the childish delusion. What I like about them is their spontaneity, creativity, imagination.
I looked after a lot of kids of all ages. This was first in the family circle (friends of my parents). The first child was a little girl of seven, named Ines, I have been looking after her since 2007. With Ines, I do a lot of fun activities like going to the “Parc Floral” of Paris, visiting museum, aquarium, zoo. We also have trips to Disneyland Resort Paris, the cinema, picnics and walk in Paris.

Ines is a lovely little girl, she is very awaken and mature for her age, very spontaneous, wise and independent. I looked after Ines from 16 pm to 20 pm, my role was going to pick her up at school, from giving her a kiss, have her doing her homework, shower, eat and make the bed. It also happened that I took her to school. Ines was with me every night, on Wednesdays and usually on week-ends when her mother was at work in the office.

The second child is a baby-boy of four months. His name is Daniel. I started very early to look after him two hours at the beginning and after four hours per week, at night. I often looked after him on Saturdays and Sundays.

I choose, to be an au pair in United States simply for personal and professional reasons.
This experience will allow me to test and improve my English, discover a new life, a new culture, a new country to realize my American dream.
I would venture to tell you, my future family, I thought why no work and I even build myself a new life, then.
I am fascinated by the Unites States from a young age and what my grandfather told me about his trip to USA.

About Me :
I am a nice girl, open-minded, patient, mature, smiling, very quiet, organized, sane sociable , strict when necessary.

Hobbies / Interests :
Communication, sports, movies, shopping, seeing my friends, meet new people, cook
“I often cook”

Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Yours, faithfully
Mathilde289

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 01 Mai 2010, 1:19 pm

Quand tu dis que pourquoi tu veux partir en tant qu'au pair aux USA, il faudrait peut être parler des enfants aussi... garder les enfants sera quand même ton activité principale !!
Je ne sais pas si ce n'est qu'un broullion ou pas (vu que t'as dis que tu ne mettrais pas les titres...), mais quand tu parles de toi et de tes activités, je pense qu'il serait préférable de faire des phrases...
Voila si ça peut t'aider ! Wink
(Par contre je n'ai pas fais attention aux fautes d'anglais etc, j'ai regarder les idées principales)
touph

Féminin Nombre de messages : 126
Activité actuelle : étudiante
Dates de mon séjour : 6 septembre 2010 à ...
Ville, ETAT : Montclair , New-Jersey

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 01 Mai 2010, 8:48 pm

je n'ai toujours pas de réponse Sad mais je me suis avancé en commençant la lettre de motiv. Wink
dites moi ce que vous en pensez!!!

merci

Dear host family,

My name is Sophie, I am 23. I live in little town, Pont-Hébert, in Normandy near Mont Saint Michel and D-day beaches. During week-end, I live with my parents Anne et Guillaume. My mother is nurse. She works in hospital who is building by American after second war. My father is farmer. He cultivates corn and wheat and he rise cows. We don't live in farm but we live between the town and the country. I have two sisters Juliette and Hélène. Juliette who is 21 , she studies in social school in Caen (big city in Normandy). She will be to help people. My other sister, Hélène who is 19, she lives with her boyfriend near by our parents. She works is building industry.
My family support me in my project to the U.S.A. as Au Pair because they know that I love taking care of children, travel and to improve my English.
Now about me, I am dynamic, open minded, responsible and creative. I like sport, I play for or since 15 years. I had done other activities: theater, step dance, classic dance (when I was young). I love to go with my friends (cinema, music and shopping). I love to watch American series (Grey's anatomy , Dr house, Gossip Girl ,...). Actually I am student in catering industries in Caen. I love to COOK. I hope to open my restaurant and to be chef cook .

My practice with children where I understood many on self-things and on children :
☻. The first I was 14 years, I had baby sitting for my uncle. I take care of my cousins ( Alexandre and Simon) They has 5 and 7. I am going them after school in their activities , helping their lessons and preparing them to eat . My cousins are dynamic boys. They're very speed then I must very careful don't lose touch with them.
☻. When I was 17 years , I have my B.A.FA. (it's diploma to be activities organizer ). Thus I had made summer camp during 4 summers in Britannia (west of the French ). For certainly children , it's the first practice far from their parents. It's often difficult but we are here to reassure. My best memory it's a little girl (Sarah, 5 years) filling with wonder when she see the first time the SEA ( she lives in suburbs of Paris and she goes never in holiday) and she said :
“ the sea isn't blue”. My role consisted of finding differents activities , take care of children ( during meal ,to do shower, read histories before sleeping them,... )and who they like and spend good holidays.
☻. For 4 years , I am giving tennis lessons for children to 4 and 10 years . I have 5 to 10 children by tennis lesson according to years. During one hour,I am only with children and I do to discover tennis through sport games. I choose and create activities. All, they prefer warm up because during warm up , they imitate any animals (frog, duck, crab,...) or obstacle trail and the last game (It's often little match).
☻. This summer I will be Au Pair girl for a a french family in south to the France: DUBECK Emile and Philippe .During 3 month, I will take care of Romain who is 4 years (He's a speed boy) and his brother Nicolas who is 1year (He's a calm boy). I will helping also their mother for menage and cook. The father speak in English and he speak me in English then I want few speak in English.
What I like about children have big imagination and when they tell me their little histories.

Although I love my family, I need live my own life and going in the U.S.A., it's my DREAM. I dream to discover the States, the true American life . In catering industries English it's necessary to speak with foreign customers. Then I think the program Au Pair, It's good means to progress in my English (my English is very bad) and to discover the U.S.A. in American family will be great.

I hope finding a great American family with witch I could spend a fantastic year. I 'm easy to get along with and I'm sure I will be a great Au pair. I am in hurry to meet you .

Sophie
http://www.facebook.com/touph
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Aujourd'hui à 3:04 am

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 6 sur 15Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Suivant