Suivez le forum sur Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forum-Au-Pair-Aux-USA/116189918405423?fref=ts

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Oie_2910
Au pair aux USA
Suivez le forum sur Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forum-Au-Pair-Aux-USA/116189918405423?fref=ts

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Oie_2910
Au pair aux USA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Au pair aux USA

Mine d'informations pour les futur(e)s et actuel(le)s aux pairs aux USA

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
TCL C74 Series 55C743 – TV 55” 4K QLED 144 ...
Voir le deal
499 €

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples

+164
sylvia30
claire33333
Petit lu
didiceleste
Marmotte
Ange
Crokeuz
[meli-melo]
LeaLafleur
Laurette85
Adeline16
[Annso]
catalunya
mischa
Yellowstrawberry
Maubis
Marie D.
saro0u
marie-bambelledaventures
Rita04
Sarounette
lengline
améchouille
Kathleen-Ingrid
Gaelle95-94
HeleneB
Marinel
Dayday
deedah
virginia
dominours
RedEuphoria
Eeylika
Cyrine
soufia
Gerfeld4501
helenepok31
melania83130
¤Léa¤
Gaelledah
coxxie
Liiah
[Mariiie]
pz4ch
cynthia77
Lily1409
LauraUSA
Queenbee21
lalie0027
kate91
lena49
Bish
annelise29
candiou
lavieille
Zohra
babytahiti
sarahforever
Sheepy
chaharlotte
MJU
eupheby
touph
lil_layah
jackesse0509
frenchgirl in the usa
A&F
Mathilde289
Mikicam44
Dawlish
Charlotte49
oO.USAdream.Oo
Hélo_95
Marionnnnettte
gaffs
Boulala
tortue_marine
missju33
[mélody]
aurel
juliette89
hideandseek
mamzellelune
Aurélie29
Camylle
abigail
Aodrenn
Rose
calinas
Emilie04
sosotess56
Yohan
bouh59
Marion B
Aurelie781
Nelly
Pinkerly
Leene
alicebzh
deydey13
Vinichou
Sand
leann
Tephao
Helloya
ophelie587
julien
SEMPER FIDELIS
emy
oxane
Marine2151
dailight
Oly
gadrouz
kaitou
erzulie
JORDANJTK67
darkmaxou
starice
chahaha
karinem
Lucie
chill
Lilou
claire37
Hel1807
lolly
aleece
Bel Charles
djakteuse
sofilagirafe54
malimel
aurore
dga
Crazy Lily
poupette0027
Emiliana
lili-ne
titi9419
Reichounette
ofelys
sunshiniz
fany
Antoine
LiLivia
Mailys
Psiliinha
Piou
carocmoi57
Coco Mademoiselle
¤¤¤SaMiA¤¤¤
Angie-39
farah
Haiwee
LuLUsaDream
Ludivine59et62
Aprilia62
Marion
Alishaa
Wendy
kix57
PoppyFlower
American Girl
Elodie :-)
168 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Suivant
AuteurMessage
:: STS ::

Activité actuelle : téléconseiller au CIC...et bientôt au pair!

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Empty
MessageSujet: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMar 25 Oct 2005, 8:25 pm

Deat Host Family Letter
Exemples

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples 952719

Edit (Aodrenn) : Vous trouverez ici des exemples de lettres que les au pairs ont pu faire pour leur dossier.
Vous pouvez poster votre lettre pour la faire partager et/ou avoir des avis! Vous pouvez donc donner vos avis mais pour éviter de monter à 20 pages d'ici quelques temps, les messages d'avis seront supprimés mais pour en laisser une trace, un résumé des commentaires est ajouté dans le post avec le collage!! Wink

AVANT de lire cette rubrique, écrivez une ébauche de votre lettre, cela vous permettra d'avoir VOTRE lettre que vous pourrez modifier en fonction de ce que vous pouvez lire ici. Pensez à lire les commentaires, ils sont souvent plein de conseils pour votre propre lettre!

Les fautes d'anglais ne seront pas corrigées car il faut que cela reste votre anglais. Les seules erreurs qui seront corrigées, c'est lorsque la compréhension d'un passage devient difficile, on vous dira alors de le reformuler. Wink
Personne ici ne se moquera de votre anglais, nous sommes tous là pour progresser, avec un bagage parfois un peu différent au départ!
ATTENTION! Il y a donc un certain nombre de fautes qui sont présentes dans les lettres et qui ne sont pas corrigées! Faîtes attention à ne pas COPIER des passages de ces lettres! Formulez les phrases à VOTRE façon!

Attention! Il existe un [url=]post FAQ[/url] pour vos questions sur le collage, ici ne doivent figurer que des exemples de lettre!! (lien vers le FAQ)

Bon, pour vous aider, je te fais un copier coller de ma lettre...On se moque pas demon anglais hein!!! lol

Dear host family,

My name is Elodie , and I am early 20 years old. I live in France, in Auvers sur oise, near Paris. I live with my parents, [bla bla tu parles de ta famille, métier des parents, frères et soeurs..]. My family and I have goods relations, and they support me in my decision to go to the United States. They think it will be a good experience for me.

I choose the au pair’s program because I love to be with children. Children are very important for me and I am enjoying taking care of them. I like play with them, draw, play outside, manual activities…

I also have several experiences with children. During two summers, I worked at a summer camp. In 2003, I was a leader of a 8-10 years old group next in 2004, it was with the 8-13 and also with the 4-5. I like work in summer camps because there are a lot of children and so you can have a lot of fun with them! With the 4-5, the theme of the summer camp was « creation of story ». So we tried to create story like fairy tale with children and then we made a show (puppet, theatre) about this story. It was very funny and children were very interested. With the 8-10, the theme was « the circus ». We made up the children as clown and then, we taught them some sketch. The other theme of this summer camp was « the protection of the environment ». So we tried to increase children’s awareness of the problem of pollution. And with the 8-13, we were near the sea, so we played on the beach or on the pine wood. We played lot of sports.

For one year, in 2003, I worked as a babysitter. I take care of 2 young boys: Bruce (10) and Dylan (6). I was with them after school, for their homework, and the Wednesday I take them to football. I also work as a babysitter for my neighbor Sylvie. I take care of her 2 children: Guillaume (10) and Alexandra (5).

In 2004, I work for 3 months in a primary school. I was like a supervisor, but I also play with kids. I took care of them the morning, just before school, and also during the lunch. And after school, I helped them to do their homework. It was very interesting.

Moreover, go to the USA it’s my dream. I love travel but I never go in America. That’s why I choose USA to be an au pair. One of the reasons I would like to spend one year in the USA is to perfect my English and discover a new country. I really want to live in an American family in order to live like them. United States are for me an attractive country with a lot of things to discover, to learn…So I am very excited to see you!!!

Now about me… I am a dynamic and serious person. You can have confidence in me. I am creative and responsible. I like dancing (I practice dance since I was 11), swimming, and go to the cinema with my friends. I like shopping, music, go to the theme park …

I studied literature and I have my « baccalaureat », it is a high school diploma. I tried to study English at the university but it was too hard for me so now, I work in a bank as a tele-adviser. It is not my job for all my life, it is just for 1 year. And thanks to this job, I buy my own car, I can go on holidays…

After this year in the US, I think I will speak English fluently and so I will find a job easily. I would like to find a job where I can take care of children and also use English, for example in a International School or in a holiday club. To spend one year as an au pair in the US is very important for me. It will be a good experiment for me.

I think that we will spend one excellent year together and that it will be very beneficial for me.

I am in a hurry to meet you, to take care of your children and to discover your country. I just want to realize my dream with you!

I hope to see you soon,
Elodie

édit : Bonnes critiques pour sa lettre!

Points positifs
- Elle commence par parler de ses expériences avec les enfants.
- Elle développe bien les activités qu’elle a fait avec les enfants.
- Elle aborde toutes les autres choses à aborder : son envie d’aller aux USA, d’intégrer une famille, sa personnalité, ses projets.
- Elle parle d’un job qui lui permet de l’autonomie : montre sa maturité.

Point à améliorer
- Dans un premier temps, elle parle de centres aérés en disant qu’elle aime ça parce qu'il y a beaucoup d’enfants, elle aurait peut-être pu mettre en avant dans un premier temps l’expérience en baby-sitting! Ici l’expérience en baby-sitting est brève, on a le sentiment qu’elle « s’éclate moins » quand il y a moins d’enfants.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://weezook.boosterblog.com
American Girl
:: Calvin Thomas ::
American Girl

Féminin Nombre de messages : 317
Activité actuelle : j'ai ouvert mon salon de coiffure qui s'apelle"manhattan coiffure"!

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeVen 17 Fév 2006, 12:19 am

j'ai fini ma lettre pour la famille.g esseyé de m'appliqué mais je pense qu'elle est loin detre parfaiote.si kelkun a des suggestion a me faire sans ce moquer de moi ca serai sympas.je vous mets ma letre j'attend vos commentaire.

I am called Céline and they have 23years.
I live in France, to Metz.
I live to my parents but they do not approve my desision to departing a
year.
but I think that this will be a good experance for my sake .

I love children and I wish to have him has my turn used.
I adore to take them in my arm, to do plays with them and to show them that I
love them.

Now about me.
I am a dynamic and serious person.
You can have confidence in me.
I am creative and responsible.
I like dancing , swimming, and go to cinema with
my friends.
I like shopping, music, go to the park .
there is five years ago I am gone to the USA as touriste I have visitted
all the west cote.
I'd like it.it's a magnic country, and if possible
I will like a day to live in.

I am in a hurry to meet you, to take care of your
children and to discover your country.
I just want to realize my dream!

I hope to see you soon,

Céline

édit : Beaucoup d’erreurs mais compréhensible. Lettre trop courte.

Points positifs
- Elle donne certaines de ses qualités.

Points à améliorer
- Elle ne parle pas de ses expériences avec les enfants!
- Elle dit que ses parents ne sont pas d'accord : à éviter!
- Elle ne parle pas de ses études, de ses projets.
- Elle ne donne pas sa motivation pour partir.
American Girl
American Girl

Féminin Nombre de messages : 317
Activité actuelle : j'ai ouvert mon salon de coiffure qui s'apelle"manhattan coiffure"!

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeVen 17 Mar 2006, 10:52 pm

voila j'ai refait ma lettre comme j'ai pu.j'ai esseyé de faire de mon mieu.

dear host family.

I am called Celine, I have 23ans. I live a small village of the name of Ay on the Moselle. I am a hairdresser I have two brothers, Thomas(20 years) and Mickael(18 ans).j' have also adorable a small chihuahua which applle Boxer.I' have themselves stop the school has 17ans to become hairdresser I have pass all my examinations I have also to play of the piano during 7ans. I like to go to the cinema with my friends, to leave into discoteque and to amuse me.

I have chooses to become an au pair during one year because I like childrens and I will very like to have them.I have of it chooses the USA as host country because I find that it is a splendid country I am there already to go five years ago but like tourist and I have loved it.this time I will like to dicover the american’s life familly.

As regards the experiment with the children I kept during two years, two small girls lovely. the firth is the girl of my neighbor it is called Lola.I kept it since its birth every evening and almost every weekend because my neighbor did not sometimes happen to occupy herself some it it had very young(17ans) and its mom could not thus come the every day it is me which came brought my assistance to him. Lola now has 2years and it calls me Tatie Céline! the second small girl is called Manon and I kept it during all the holidays it is a Lola’s friends.Manon will have 3ans in August these two small girls are adorable and when I am not with her(when I work), i miss them.Manon like the headstock Barbie and Lola like to listen music. before these two small girls, I kept the small of my aunt I were 17 years old has the time. I made baby-sitting the weekend.my cousin had 6ans and my small cousine had 3ans. of it now they have 12 and 9 years and they still require of me to come has the house to make them cookies! I like much to play with childrens, their tell a stories or to go to walk in the parks it is very distracting I find.

It is this for all its reasons that I wish to become an au pair girl capacity to keep childrens and to meet full sympas people. After this year in the US, I think I will speak English fluently and so I will find a job easily. I would like to find a job where I use English, for example in a big beauty center. To spend one year as an au pair in the US is very important for me. It will be a good experiment for me.

I am in a hurry to meet you, to take care of your children and to discover your country. I just want to realize my dream with you! I think that we will spend one excellent year together and that it will be very beneficial for me. I am so exciting to discover the USA with you I hope to have your news very soon.

See you soon.

je vous le dis de suite je me suis un peu aider d'un traducteur!
:P

Edit : la lettre est mieux que précédemment. Attention à ne pas utiliser de traducteur! Les traductions sont souvent peu correctes et puis il reste des mots de français dans la lettre!
Encore beaucoup d’erreurs mais compréhensible.

Points positifs
- Elle parle de ses expériences avec les enfants dès le début.
- Elle donne des anecdotes avec les enfants (surnom, intérêts des enfants…)

Points à améliorer
- Attention aux mots de français qui sont encore dans la lettre!
- Organiser un peu mieux le paragraphe sur l’expérience avec les enfants.
PoppyFlower
:: Europair services ::
:: Europair services ::
PoppyFlower

Féminin Nombre de messages : 50

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMer 14 Juin 2006, 12:25 am

Bon alors moi aussi je vais vous laisser tout le plaisir de lire ma "super" lettre alors n'hésitez pas à me donner votre avis, ce que vous en pensez, s'il y a plein de fautes (oups!!!)... Embarassed Merci d'avance! Wink
Attention c'est parti.

My Dear Host Family.

Waouh! Time is come to write you a letter, it means that my project to be an au pair is becoming true!

My name is Aurélie, I am 20. I live in central France, in the Loire valley, a beautiful region where there are many splendid castles. I live with my parents and my brother in a really small and calm village: Rahart (170 km South from Paris).
My parents, Fabrice and Pascale are both florists, they work together in their own shop. My brother, Florentin is 7, he is very funny!!! I also have a sister, Bérangère (22), she lives in Vendôme, a town far from 10 km where she is a beautician.

All my family and friends support me in my choice to go to the USA for one year and to care for children. Indeed, they know that I love children and that it can only be a good experience for me. I am serious, mature and independent, I live at home only on week-ends and holidays, the rest of the year I live on my own in Tours where I follow English studies at the university for three years now.
I like to listen to music, going to the concerts of my favorite singers and I want to learn to play guitar! I enjoy genealogy, it is very interesting. I like travelling (I would like to travel all around the world) and I feel concerned on environmental matters.

I want to become an au pair because I really want to discover the United States, the culture of this country and to share the life of an American family.
Moreover it will be a good way to improve my English, what I need!
And last but not least it will give me the opportunity to work with children, which I really enjoy as I want to become a teacher. I really love children, I have passed a diploma last summer (« BAFA ») in order to work with children during my vacation in children’s outdoor activity centres or holiday camps. I am hired to work in a holiday camp this summer (in July with children of 7 and 8) and I am really happy and excited. I am sure that it will be great!

Once a month I am Antoine (7) and Nathan’s (6) babysitter. They are two of my neighbors. I spend the evening with them, they tell me about their life at school, we
play, we read stories… and it’s time to sleep.
I also used to care for children’s friends but less regularly as they, unfortunately, live far away. But each time we see it’s a pleasure to discover how fast Emeline (10), Quentin (7), Manon(5), Charlotte(3), Juliette(3) and Lison(2) change.
And of course I care for my brother Florentin. He is a very active boy who is always doing something. I very often care for him and we try to do various activities: to go cycling in nature, to sing, to play board games… I also try to be implicated in his school life by keeping a stall during the annual school fete or by being an accompanying adult on school outings. Obviously I go to take him at the end of his school day as often as I can and I also supervise him while he is doing his homework and I help him when this is necessary.

You can be sure that I will love your children as if they were my brothers or sisters.
I sincerely love children and I will do my best to be a good au pair for yours.
Thus I hope to see you soon and to spend a wonderful year with you, sharing the life of your family.

Best regards.

édit : Bonne lettre. Anglais très correct.

Points positifs
- Elle parle de sa famille, petit détail, elle parle de son frère en disant « he is very funny » : petite précision qui montre le lien familial qu’elle peut avoir.

Points à améliorer
- Elle ne parle pas assez de ses expériences avec les enfants, c’est un peu juste (il faudrait des détails comme elle le fait avec son frère).
- Elle ne parle pas de ses projets.
kix57
:: Experiment ::
kix57

Féminin Nombre de messages : 63

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeDim 24 Sep 2006, 1:14 pm

je vous mets ma lettre , dites moi si y'a des choses qui vous choquent ou des choses qui manquent. et c'est surement truffé de fautes , comme je sais que certaines d'entre vous parlent très bien anglais ca serait simpas de m'informer des grosses fautes. merci :D
Rolala ca fait un an et demi que je veux partir, jai trop le moral de faire le dossier la bounce

Dear Host family,

My name is Florie Richet , I'm 18 years old and I live in France, In a village in borders to Luxembourg ,Belgium and Germany.
I have a 14 years old sister named Julienne , and a 8 years old brother named Evelin.
My father , Jean Pierre is a cook and my mother, Michèle, is a waitress.I have a dog, three cats and a hamster , I like animals .
I've grown up with all my family aroud me . My cousins , my aunts, my oncle and my grand parents are my neighbours too. We all live in the same village and I have family in the south of France,in Bayonne, close to Spain.

All my family support me in my project to go to he U.S.A as Au Pair because they know that I love taking care of children and travel .
Altough I'm only 18, I've ever visited several countries . I've been 2 weeks in Germany , I had a German penfriend and she hosted me .
During hollidays, I've been with my parents in Morroco ,and I 've been in summer camps 3 weeks in Greece and 3 weeks in Italy. I've loved Italy and Greece and I'm sure I will go in that wonderful countries again. I've been in Ireland too during 2 weeks . I lived in hosts familys. I love to travel and discover new cultures and new lifestyles.
Since I live very close to Luxembourg ( 2 kilometers ) , I regulary go there and I 've worked in Luxembourg ville as cleaning women in a bank during summer.

Now about me, I am dynamic,open minded, independent , fun and responsible. I love to have fun but I can assume responsabilities too.
I like sport and outdoors activities. I've done theater, dance , gymnastic ( when I was young) and volley ball. I like ice skating , roller skating and going out with my friends. When I was at school ( I have now my diploma ) , my favourites subjects was English and Itlalian. I hope improving my english with this year in U.S., my accent is terrible.
I have a first aid diploma and a diploma called B.A.F.A wich permit to work as leader with children.

I really think that a year as Au Pair will be a great experience for me. I love taking care of children .
During a year, I've worked every Wednesday afternoon in a kindergarten , from 12h45 to 18 h. I supervised the end of the lunch and I did activities with a group of 12 children , most of them where boys because I did sport activities and little outdoors games. Girls generally prefer indoors manuals activities.
I've worked 3 weeks in a summer camp as leader with 6 -15 years old children. That was a wonderful experience , I had lots of fun and kids where really cools ( most of the time....!!!) . To work with children brought me lots of patience and sens of responsabilities. I like to be with them because they are naturals, they say what they think and they are very dynamic and fun , they are full of ideas ( good or bad) and imagination!
During two years, I've baby sat Katia , 8 years old ( 10 now) once a week. I helped her with her homeworks, I played with her and prepared meals .
For four months , I baby sit 3 girls ,Alice 12 months ( 9 when I began) , Roxanne 2years and a half and maxence 4 years,almost each afternoons . I have learnt with alice how to change diapers, prepare a bottle, bathing and feeding a baby . Its a pleasure to look after them, they are lovely and the two oldest are always ready to learn new songs or new games. We do many activities like painting , drawing, going to swiming pool, going to parks... . It's amazing to see Alice growing up. She makes advances so fast. I was with her to see her first steps and her first words.I find that fantastic!

I hope finding a great American family with wich I could spend a fantastic year. I 'm easy to get along with and I'm sure I will be a great Au pair. I am in hurry to meet you .

édit : Très bonne lettre, complète. Anglais correct.

Points positifs
- Lettre complète : elle aborde un peu de tout avec des détails.
- Elle précise que les enfants étaient gentils (la plupart du temps!!) : cela sent le vécu!! Wink : bon point! Par la suite, elle détaille le caractère des enfants dont elle s’occupait.
- Elle détaille bien ses expériences avec les enfants et montre qu’elle a pris goût à le faire!

Points à améliorer
- Elle ne parle pas de ses projets pour la suite (matières préférées mais pas projets d'études) : ne le sait pas encore --> parler de différentes pistes éventuellement ou dire que l'on espère que l'année au pair nous aidera à trouver notre voie.
- Elle développe beaucoup son goût du voyage, cette partie peut être légèrement réduite (pas le fait qu’elle ait été accueillie dans une famille d’accueil qui est important mais le fait de répéter qu’elle aime ça).
- Détail des heures dans les expériences d’enfants : inutile. Dire qu’elle le faisait toutes les après-midis est suffisant (d’autant que 18H ne veut rien dire aux USA : 6pm).
à Ces points à améliorer sont de petits détails, la lettre est très bien faite!

Dernière édition par le Mar 03 Oct 2006, 5:39 pm, édité 2 fois
http://flo-usa.skyblog.com
Wendy
¤ projet annulé ¤

Féminin Nombre de messages : 374

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeVen 05 Jan 2007, 1:33 pm

Bon allez, je vous fais voir la mienne, que j'ai écrite à l'arrache y'a quelques jours, faudrait que je la revois pour les quelques mots français que j'ai laissé lol!
dites moi ce que vous en pensez, merci ! :D

"Dear family,

My name is Audrey and I’m eighteen years old. I live in a town called Poitiers, in the west of France, with my father and my brother. He is fifteen and we get on well. My parents divorced last year and I decided to stay with my father. I’m not from the town I live in, I’ve been living here for 9 years now. It’s the smallest of the biggest French cities. My father works for EDF which is the firm who produces electricity in France. My mother is a bakery employee.

Firstly, I decided to become an Au Pair because I love children. I guess I unherited it from my mother which is an ex nanny. I started taking care of children with her, helping her with them when I was 14. At the time, she was in charge of 3 siblings, and I baby sited them on Saturday night. The same year, I worked 3 days on a primary school with 4 years old children during three days. It was an extraordinary experience, I learned to be patient. Then, I baby sited some children on the neighbourhood. Last year, I started to take a diploma to work in summer camps. This is necessary in France to work there legally. I did the two first parts which are a theory stage of a week, and a practice stage of 15 days during the one I worked on an overnight summer camps with children from 6 to 12 years old.. I wanted to get this diploma because I used to go on overnight summer camps and I was fond of it, I could not consider stopping it. I had so much fun there. This summer, I really enjoyed to work with the children. That was not easy because most of them did not live with their parents because of some troubles, but we quickly became close to them. We were not only here to do activities. I also liked to listen to them and I hope I helped them in their lives, gave them some happiness during these couple of weeks. Since October, each Wednesday, I take care of a six years old girl, Hanna. We like drawing, playing games. I also work every Friday from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (and sometimes Tuesday and Thursday) with teenagers. It’s a kind of after school activities place, sometimes we help them with their home work, sometimes we play game. Last week, we went ice skating ! To finish I just start taking care of a two and a half years old boy and his sister which is four. I took care of them on a Saturday and I will return there in January every Saturday.
Why do I love children? Because they are full of energy, of imagination, of curiosity. We learn a lot to be with them. I’ve always had good relation with them. Even this summer, with the ones who were difficult. They quickly notice that I’m neither a parent nor a friend. I’m a kind of big sister, lovely, but who also draw the limits when necessary.
Then, I’m attracted by this experience because I like travelling and meting new people. I’ve already been to the United States two years and half ago. I went to New York City for three weeks and I fall in love with the city, the American way of life. This summer I visited a friend who lives in Toronto for 20 days, and that’s when I understood how much I like North America. I’m keen on the Mall, the Starbuck, Baseball match, bagels (laugh). That’s some things I can’t find in France. I also find the American more tolerant then the French. I’ve always been attracted by the English language, and one of my wish would be to be bilingual!

Let’s end with some other things about me. I’m someone really dynamic, I can’t stand watching TV all day long, I feel like loosing my time. I’m also cheerful and funny. I like arts and art’s history (I used to study it in high school), so the more I can visit, the best it is! I really love everything: painting (Hopper, Warhol, Van Gogh, Magritte…), dance, drama (I used to play it), music (I start learning drums), architecture (I’m a huge fan of Le Corbusier and Charlotte Perriand). I also like travelling (I went to Berlin, New York, Toronto, a half dozen times to Paris), I like camping, roller skating, going to concerts, and hanging out with my friends! By coming back to France, I hope I will join an art school to become a music manager.

I’m in a hurry to hear from you!

Best regards,
Audrey"

édit : Très bonne lettre, agréable à lire. Bon anglais.

Points positifs
- Lettre complète qui aborde tous les domaines.
- Bonne description des ses expériences avec les enfants : elle donne des exemples d’activités, explique ce que ça lui a apporté.
- Elle parle de ses qualités en tant que baby-sitter ou animatrice.
- Elle donne des motivations pour vivre un an aux USA que l’on ne retrouve pas dans toutes les lettres : motivations personnelles.

Points à améliorer
- Peut-être qu’elle pourrait séparer les diverses expériences avec les enfants : centres aérés et baby-sitting pour éviter un gros paragraphe comme ici.
Alishaa
:: Cultural Care ::
:: Cultural Care ::
Alishaa

Féminin Nombre de messages : 31

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeDim 04 Fév 2007, 12:03 pm

hey je voulais savoir si m'a lettre était bien ?
Je devrais peut etre ajouter la profession de mes parents ? Et Sachant que je veux vraiment partir au NY - d'ou mon choix pour cultural care -, je devrais le spécifier, dire pourquoi ?

Merci.

Dear Family,

My name is Marie, i'm 17 years old (Don’t worry my 18th birthday is the 24th May). I live in Normandy (France) with my parents, close to Paris. But I will move to Mans – in Pays de la Loire between Paris and Rennes - in July. My brother, who is 19, does his studies in Paris in a journalist school. I'm actually in high school but i will have my diploma in June (and my licence in July). In France – in the general education - we have the choose between several specialities, i'm in the literary section. After this year in United States, i want to do an English college, during 3 or 4 years. Then to enter a school of journalism, i want to be a musical journalist.
Why do I want to be an au pair in America ? For three reasons : first because I love children, second I want to go to USA, and third i want to be bilingual, more i love to share and discover.

Indeed my first motivation is the children, I love them. They have all that we have lost with time : innocence. They have joy of life, are funny, and they are the future. It's for that it's important to have a good environment, what i am able to give. I know the good manners, and in the same time have fun. It's important to know that for them, i am not a friend, neither a parents or teacher, i am like a big sister : with who they have a good time while respecting and listening to her. Children bring me a lot, they make me smile, give me the will to do better, to grow up, to progress, and i give them the manners with fun, and grow up nicely : it's a sharing. My best experience with children was one with the kids of a friend. I look after them for 2 years. They are three : two boys, Lyron and Alonzo, who were at the begining 5 month and 2 years old, and one girl, Noëlla, who was 4 years old. I look regularly after them. I cook for them, play with them, wash them, dress them. The youngest one, Lyron has a disease, he is very sensible of lungs. He needs to have some treatment. Two years ago he was hospitalized – he had difficulties to breathe. I help Noëlla to write and read, we have fun learning. And with Alonzo we have fun so much time, we play with cars and we draw. It's a shy boy, very fearful, so I reassure him. But i want to specify that i don't have age preferences. It's possible to take care of teenagers, i'm still young, so I understand them, their needs, their desires, moods... It not been a long time, i still remember what i needed.

Then, Why the USA? Because i attractive by this country since i was young. Principaly thanks to the music. I'm a music addict, I wish to become a musical journalist like i said. I'm actually freelance journalist for two french webzine and i am in a staff of a association which organize shows in paris. I already interviewed some artists, french and americans (Stefan Filey, Brian Jackson...). I like hip hop, soul, jazz, blues, rock too thanks my dad. And all those music are born in American, my favorite artists are american. I love photography too and painting, about painting I prefer european painters. But about photography, my favorite photographers are americans : Bruce Davidson, Ben Watts, Gordon Packs... I really want to know this country, and to learn english. I can waiting to be a part of it, to look after children, to share and discover. Nothing better for me to be an au pair in America, i will do everything for it. And i looking foward to make you discover some french recipes, i love to cook.

People ask me often if i’m afraid to leave and i naturally answer that I’m not ! If we start to be afraid of travelling, and we stay home all our life we stay enclose, and i don't want that ! I love to travel and discover new things. I already go to Senegal two weeks with a humanitary association : « Prisonnier sans frontières ». We slept between four wall close to a church. The morning we went to a yard to build a workshop for the prisoners, who create household goods in the mud. And the afternoon we went to the prison to speak with the prisoners. I thought that I would have some difficulties to communicate with them, but everything happened nicely, naturally. And the inhabitants were very nice with me, they appreciated me a lot, and I appreciated them too, thanks to respect. It's the base. I went to Morocco too and Tunisia, but like a tourist. Leaving for the United states like an au pair is a real opportunity that i absolutely don't want to miss !

Thank you for reading my letter, it was difficult to sum up my desires, and my motivations, I hope I didn’t forget anything. And i hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerly. Marie

édit : Bonne lettre. Anglais correct.

Points positifs
- Elle parle de sa position avec les enfants (gentillesse vs autorité) et puis de ce que les enfants lui apportent.
- Elle détaille ce qu’elle faisait avec les enfants et leurs tempéraments (on sent le vécu).
- Elle dit se sentir capable de garder des enfants de tous les âges et s’explique par rapport à cela!
- Ses motivations pour aller aux USA sont personnelles, motivations que l’on ne retrouvera pas dans toutes les lettres et elles montrent bien sa personnalité.

Points à améliorer
- Peut-être ajouter une petite anecdote avec les enfants?
- Elle parle de son envie de garder des enfants et de découvrir les USA mais pas de son envie de partager la vie d’une famille américaine.
http://alisha.free.fr
Marion
Marion

Féminin Nombre de messages : 249
Activité actuelle : Future étudiante en tourisme
Dates de mon séjour : 16 juillet 2007 --> 9 novembre 2007
Ville, ETAT : Washington, DC

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Fév 2007, 5:21 pm

Okay j'ai fini la mienne donc voilà je viens vous demander votre avis aussi ^^

Dear host family,

My name is Marion, and I am 18 years old. I live in France, in Ermont (near Paris in Val d’Oise). I live with my parents, I have a 22 years old sister named Julie who is in a nurse school, and a 8 years old sister named Lou who is in primary school. My father, Michel is an electrician and my mother, Sylvie, is a dentist assistant. I have one dog and one cat, I like animals(particularly cats).
I've grown up with all my family around me, I'm really close to them, I know it's gonna be hard to leave them but I'm ready to do it. Moreover all my family support me in my project to go to the U.S.A as an Au Pair, they are really understanding because they know that I love taking care of children, travel and they understand that I want to ameliorate my english.They think it will be a good experience for me. In fact, my mother really helped me to take my decision to become an au pair.

I choose the au pair’s program because I love to be with children. Children are very important for me and I am enjoying taking care of them. I like play with them, draw, play outside, manual activities…
I have several experiences with children. During 3 weeks, I worked at an outdoor centre. We played lot of sports and we made a lot of activities with them.

Also for 6 months, in 2007 (january to june), I have worked as a babysitter in four families. First I take care of 1 baby: Titouan who was 14 months when I started. I take care of himseveral evening and night each month. I am with him for meal and to put him in bed. He likes to play with me and shows me his books or fluffy toys.
Three times a week, I take care of tow children in Paris, Alice (8 ) and Nicolas (5), I get them at school and I take them back to their home. Then I help Alice with her homeworks and I play with them (Drawings, modelling clay, Kapla, painting, parlour game…).They are really sweet and adorable, Nicolas is a dreamer, he lives on his own world and Alice needs attention, she likes being the center of attention !
From time to time, I take care of tow young children, Cecile(3) and Romain(1), I do the same things with them that I do with Titouan (play, meal and put them to bed). They are both realy cute and calm. Cecile loves cartoon films and Romain wants a lot of hugs and kisses.
Recently, I have started to take care of a teenager of 12 years old named Valentine, who have a school phobia, she is really nice and smart but she is afraid by school so I’m trying to help her with that.
And in may, I will work in a outdoor centre during fourteen days with children aged between 3 to 10 years. We will do manual activities, many sports or we will play theatre and other activities like that all day long.

Moreover, I help two children of my neighbourhood : Geraldine(7) and Alix(8 ) to do their homeworks one year each (One in 2003/2004 and the other one in 2005/2006). They needed help because they had some problems at school, I didn’t take care of them as a babysitter but thank’s to them I became more patient because they was pretty difficullt, they didn’t want to learn or to listen to me. But I have succeed, particularly with Alix, to help them and that is so great. I was really happy for them.

Let’s end with some other things about me, I’m cheerful and funny but at first I could be a little shy but once I will know you it will be okay. I am a serious and responsible person. I like badminton, camping, roller skating, going to concerts or to the cinema and hanging out with my friends. Also I love cooking (cooking with the children is really fun too), reading, swimming or spending time on internet. Morover I like shopping, listening music and go to the theme park.

Althought I have not travelled yet a lot, it’s my dream so I intend to realize it. I've been 3 weeks in England near to Oxford (I’ve been in London to) , I had an english penfriend and she hosted me. I’ve been one day in Luxembourg for shopping and another day in Allemagne. I had an african penfriend too, he lives in Burkina Faso and I hope to meet him one day ! I love to travel and discover new cultures and new lifestyles. This year I'm gonna go in Roma with my cousin and elsewhere in european capital with my best friend in May !
This year, after high school, I’ve been in university to study history but I have understood that I did not want to study this any more.

After this year in the US, I am not sure yet of what I am gonna do but I am thinking about study tourism in view of the fact that I love travel and I want to see others countries.
Then why become au pair in the USA ? I choose USA because I am very interested by this country and by the american way of life, it is a really attractive country. I want to discover this country and learn your culture and your traditions.

Traveling is my dream and I want to discover the USA. Besides I know that it will be one of the greatest experiences of my life so I am very excited to meet you !

I hope to hear from you soon,
Marion

Voilà dites-moi ce que vous en pensez !! Wink

Points positifs
- Elle met en avant son goût pour les enfants.
- Elle décrit ses expériences avec les enfants (activités) et les caractères des enfants.
- Lettre complète : famille, expérience, qualités, projets, motivations…

Points à améliorer
- Attention à la longueur de la lettre.
- Elle parle de son envie de voyager mais pas de son envie de vivre dans une famille américaine.
http://froggy-viap.livejournal.com/
Aprilia62
Aprilia62

Féminin Nombre de messages : 456
Activité actuelle : Déléguée commerciale / Maquilleuse pour une marque de cosmétiques Américaine !
Dates de mon séjour : Du 17/09/07 au 25/01/08
Ville, ETAT : Washington, DC

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMer 21 Fév 2007, 7:58 pm

Je vous montre ma lettre merci de me dire ce que vous en pensez !!!

Dear Host Family,

My name is Helene, i'm french 19 years old (20 soon), I live in Anzin St Aubin, a little town in the North of France near Belgium.
I have a professional diploma to be beautician. This year I followed a training period to be trainer or sales woman for a major brand of cosmetics.

I'm dynamic, attentive, patiente, open minded. I like make lot of things, like manual activities, scrapbooking, make drawings, play bowling, (I played bowling in a club), I like roller blading, swimming. There is a lot of things that I would like to make like skiing, horses ...
At the beginning, I am shy , the time that I discover people and environnement but I adapt easily and quickly.
I like shopping, see my family and friends, play with my pets, surf on internet, listening to music and lot of other things.

I live in a house with my fiance Sebastien, he is technician in environnement protection, we live with our pets, we have 2 dogs ( A beauceron Isis 4 years and Berger blanc Suisse Bagheera (like in jungle book) 4 months),2 cats ( Tartine 4 years and Nala (like the lion king) 3 years) and a rabbit (Stitch (like lilo & stitch) 2 years.).We are sure that our love is very strong, after this year we think that we get married.

My father is 50 years old his name is Jean Michel he lives in Douai 20km from me, he’s retired from bank. My mother is died in march 1999 of a breast cancer when she was 41 years old, she was employed of bank (like my father) her name was Marie Odile.
I have one brother, his name is Maxime he is 23 years old, he lives with his future wife (wedding on june,23 2007) and he is truck driver.
I’m close to my grand mother she’s like my second mother, she’s 79 years old, she lives in a house in a countryside.
All my family support me in my project to go to he U.S.A as Au Pair because they know that I love taking care of children and travel .

During 1 year 1/2, I’ve look after 3 children once a week :
Nicolas he was 9 years (11 now), Marie she was 7 years (9 now) and Joséphine she was 1 ½ years (3 now). With them I played, I cook some meals (baby food for Joséphine), we maked lot of manual activities, we goes outside to walk and play. After play, I helped Nicolas to do his homeworks. I change diapers and take the bath to Joséphine and put they children to bed.
The best moment that I remember for the rest of my life it’s when Joséphine has learn to say my name.
During one week, I goes on holidays with a family to look after their children.
Anne Sophie 11 years old and Anne Sophie 4 years old.
We goes to St Tropez on French Riviera, with children we swimming in the swimming pool, in the sea, we play with games, we play to the sea and to theme park.
I helped Anne Sophie to do her summer homeworks. I cook some meals, help Anne Charlotte to take her shower and help her to dress up.
I was surprised to see how the children can to become attached to somebody in a few times, when I leave the family Anne Charlotte doesn’t want to let me leave them.

I think that I ‘ll be a good au pair because I like children very much. Why do I love children? Because they are full of energy, of imagination, of curiosity. We learn a lot to be with them. I’ve always had good relation with them. I’m a kind of big sister, lovely, but who also draw the limits when necessary.
After my au pair year I would like to find a work to sales teacher in a major brand of cosmetics, if I don’d find it I retake my studies.

I’m in a hurry to hear from you.

Best Regards.

Helene

Points positifs
- Elle parle de ses nombreux loisirs et centres d’intérêts mais aussi des loisirs qu’elle n’a pas encore eu l’occasion de faire mais qu’elle aimerait faire!
- Elle cite les activités qu’elle faisait avec les enfants mais surtout une anecdote ou deux!
- Elle donne ses qualités en tant qu’au pair.

Points à améliorer
- Concernant son copain, peut-être dire comment lui perçoit son départ : d’accord (s’il ne l’est pas, éviter de le dire : attendez d’en parler avec la famille directement).
- Les enfants arrivent tardivement dans la lettre.
- Elle ne parle pas de son envie de voyager, de partager la vie de famille (mais grosse description de sa propre famille, donc implicitement, on le sait).
http://HeleneAuxStates.overblog.com
Ludivine59et62
Ludivine59et62

Féminin Nombre de messages : 732
Activité actuelle : Au pair !
Dates de mon séjour : du 27 aout 07 au 14 septembre 2007
Ville, ETAT : Pleasanton, Californie

MessageSujet: Dear Host Family letter]   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeDim 25 Fév 2007, 3:51 pm

Bon ben c'est à moi de poster ma lettre...Es qu'elle vous semble bien ? compréhensible ?... (Merci encore à Sarah de m'avoir aidé !) :

Dear host family!

My name is Ludivine CARON, I am 21 years old and I am French. I am currently in second year of Advanced Vocational Training. I have two sisters who are older than me (Emilie 24 years and Charlotte 22 years). My father works in a large company of manufacture of French cars and my mother does not work. All my family supported me in my project to leave during one year as an au pair girl which goes up with a little more than two years now...

I always had the practice of the children. Indeed, my mother was a maternal assistant during more than ten years, she took care of more than ten children. Moreover, she continues to keep two of them since they are babies (Sulaïman 10 years and Nadia 8 years) I really considered them as my brother and my sister. It is naturally that I take care of them too: I like to make colouring, painting and to play at the computer with them. I also from time to time take them along to the school and their out-of-schools activities: karate for Sulaïman and swimming for Nadia.

With more regards to my personal experience with the children, I think that the most outstanding one will remain of Richard (11 years), Anna (6 years) and Mathilde (3 years). Indeed, during the summer 2006, I lived on their premises in the south of France (since I am from the North, close to Belgium). It was an experience very enriching by living with them 24 hours a day sharing the same roof for one month. It was also a good means for me of having small before taste of my future experiment in the United States. I occupied them all the day because their parents were very sporty, we went to the beach and play of the hours outside all the day! This job of summer did nothing but reinforce my decision to leave as an au pair.

Then since February 2006, I take care of Joshua (8 years) and Salome (6 years) which do not live very far from my student room. We make board games and read stories. I keep them occasionally when their parents leave, which arrives a little close once per month.

I never took care of children under two years old so I decided to make research to widen my experiment. It is in December 2006 that I have make the knowledge of parents of one year old twins: Aubin and Adélie and of their older sister Axeline, 3 years old. It is with a great happiness which I discovered the guard of twins so small that I did not know: their to learn how to say their first words using Axeline and to sing counting rhymes is really marvellous!

The reason for which I decided to choose the United States and not another country it is quite simply because it is a place which really attracts me, moreover I never had the occasion to visit it. Many people whom I know return filled with wonder while starting with my sister which made a circuit of the south of the country a few years ago. Moreover, after my year spent to the United States, I plan to do a trade in connection with the international, that could be only beneficial in my professional future.

If not in what relates to me, I love to travel: I visited many European countries (Spain, Germany, England, Greece...) but also the Antilles. I like listening to music, to go to concerts, the cinema and do sport from time to time to be in good health!

I think that it will be the adventure of my life! I am impatient to make your knowledge like those of your children!

I hope to see you soon !

Best regards.

Ludivine

Points positifs
- Elle décrit ses expériences avec les enfants et donne une anecdote.

Points à améliorer
- Elle parle de son envie de voyager mais pas de vivre avec une famille américaine.
- Ses loisirs pourraient être davantage détaillés, ainsi que sa personnalité.
http://aupair-usa.skyblog.com
LuLUsaDream

LuLUsaDream

Féminin Nombre de messages : 423

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeLun 26 Fév 2007, 9:26 pm

bon j'ai fais ma lettre, j'espères que vous allez pas vous moquer, ça fait deux soirées que je suis dessus. Je suis plutôt lente mais vu mon niveau...
j'ai utilisé un peu un traducteur pour quelques expressions et mots de vocabulaires. Dans l'ensemble c'est assez simple mais je pense avoir dit le principale et je pense aussi qu'il y a encore beaucoup de fautes. Si c'est le cas donner moi vos remarques en message privé, mais pour les compliments vous pouvez le faire ici mdr !
enfin bon, la voici, j'ai un peu honte de mon niveau lol!!!

Dear family,

I’m Lucie, I’m 22, I live in Troyes. Troyes is a pleasant city well-known for its factory shops.
In Troyes, I live with my mum Chantal, a civil servant. My dad is dead in 2003 of a heart attack. I have two brothers who live with their girl friends: Benjamin, 27 years, a real estate agent, and Mathieu, 23 years, a student in information technology.

I’m student, (I had my high school diploma since 2003) and now, I’m in second year in
a diploma specialized in the management of the small and medium-sized companies; but I me directed professionally in tourism because I like very much this domain, I would like to have a dynamic job, to travel and to be in touch with people. I also visited much european countries as Spain, Italy, Sweden, Danemark and others countries as Republic Dominican…
But I again wish to think about my professional future, it is the reason why I decided to be au pair. All my close relations support me and encourage me in my project. I discuss many about it with my mother and my brothers. They are happy for me!
I also wanted to live an enriching experience, to benefit from a real cultural exchange, and to know a country which I dream to visit.

As regards the children, I baby-sit regularly, and I take a lot of pleasure to make it.
I already went on holidays in the South of France with a family to take care of their daughter t 2005 and 2006 summers for 2 weeks. During these holidays, I looked after Manon, a six years girl nearly 24 hours a day. I prepared her meals, I organized various activities for her, cycling, swimming and others manual activities as drawing, painting. Every day Manon was drawing a new landscape of her holidays to have much of memories and Manon and me loved to play games or picnic on the beach. She is a very funny and sweet girl and I feel me close to her. And when I went on holidays with this family, so I thought about going as au pair, my desire to leave has again increased. It was a very enriching experience, I loved it!
Indeed, I take care of others children. Since two years, I looked after Emilien, 8 years and Thomas, 10 years, two brothers.
Two times a week, Thursdays and Fridays I take them to back from school with my own car. I take care of boys and look after them until the return of their mum. I have the driver license since November 2004. I'm used to drive.
I help them for their homework, I prepared their diners. Emilien and Thomas are children who spend a lot of time to play video games but I manage to make them participate in the other activities as games, or we walk to when the weather is beautiful!

I like them very much because I always have the printing to exchange every day of new things with them. I love that they surprise me! I like that a child tells me his day at school, helping him to carry out the duty, I like see their improving, and discovering things with the children's eyes. I love too their curiosity, their innoncence and their energy!

About me, I like the cinema, the music and I’m creative. I like drawing, I was during 7 years in a school municipal of fine art in Troyes, I have to stop because of my studies.

I am sociable, rather modest, dynamic and conscientious, I like spend time with my family and my friends. I am very close to these persons; I think that I am an emotional girl!
The family values are important for me, and I think I will a big sister for the children of my future host family. I miss me to have not a kid brother or sister and it’s for the reason that I love to spend time with children.
I am autonomous, I study in another city than Troyes, I had to take an apartment and I assume completely, I also like being independent but I am happy to see my family the weekend!

I’m really motivated to come in US, I’m very excited by this project.

Thank you for reading my letter, I Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely

Lucie

Points positifs
- Elle parle des activités qu’elle fait avec les enfants mais cite également des anecdotes et les tempéraments des enfants. Elle décrit bien également ce qu’elle aime avec les enfants.
- Elle parle de son expérience concernant la conduite.

Points à améliorer
- Dans ses motivations, elle ne cite pas les enfants.
Haiwee
Haiwee

Féminin Nombre de messages : 416
Activité actuelle : Secrétaire - Future étudiante?

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeJeu 01 Mar 2007, 5:09 pm

Bon allez! Je me lance! Voici ma lettre qui fait une page Word (et encore, j'ai réduit les marges partout pour que ça tienne!):

Dear Host Family,

Hi ! My name is Sabrina, I’m 23 and I live in Paris, France, with my Mum Anne-Marie and my two sisters Oriana (25) and Krystel (19). My Mum used to have her own camera shops. Oriana wants to be a teacher and Krystel is about to get a diploma in infant care. They support me in my decision to go to the USA. We have a dog called India ( 8 ) and I have a little rabbit named Leo (3). I love animals !

I’m half French and half Italian :). I speak English pretty good but I’d like to learn more everyday vocabulary. I got my Master’s Degree in Languages (English-Italian) in July 2005.
My Dad was Italian (he passed away when I was 12) so he taught me this language since I was a child ! We have a house near Venice. My Granny, my uncles, my aunts and my 10 cousins live in Italy and I go over there for Summer and Christmas. We’re very close and we get on well.
After my year in the USA, I’d love to work as a social worker (in the social environment) because I love listening to people and helping them.
I don’t have my driver’s licence as I didn’t have the time to get it until now. I hope you won’t mind !

I love children and I feel good and comfortable when they are around because they are spontaneous, creative and sensitive ! I think they bring a lot of love and happiness in a family !
During my studies, I’ve looked after Alice for 5 years : from 1 to 6 years old ! I still baby-sit her once in a while :) She’s like my 3rd sister : I saw her walking, speaking and reading for the first time. She’s the sweetest girl I’ve ever met ! We had a lot of fun together : we played with her dolls, played puzzles, watched DVDs and sang songs. I was in charge of preparing her meals, picking her up from school, making her having her bath and helping her to get dressed. I also helped her brothers Samuel (12) and Axel (17) for their homework and once or twice a month, I looked after them at night.
In February, I started to baby-sit Marie (11) and Henri (9) every Wednesday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. We do many activities during the day : we draw and paint, we make mosaics and candles and sometimes play video games. In the afternoon, I take Henri to his football lesson.
In March, I started to baby-sit Elia (5), Lisa (4) and their neighbour Elisa (4) everyday from 4 to 7 p.m.
On Saturdays, I sometimes baby-sit a girl called Inès, she is 8 and very sweet. She loves playing with her toys, watching DVDs that deal with nature and animals, and we often draw together.
I also worked as a baby-sitter for other children aged from 9 months to 15 years old.

Going to the USA as an au pair would be a great opportunity for me. I would improve my English, I would get to know the American culture and visit this beautiful country, but the most important thing for me is that I want to take care of children as if they were my own little brothers and sisters ! I’d like to teach them many things, play with them, draw, go for walks, and maybe teach them a bit of French and Italian ! It would be great for me to see them growing !
Moreover, it would allow me to be more self-confident, more mature, and to have responsibilities. It is a big challenge for me. Indeed, I want to prove myself that I am able to live far from home.

I’m a fun, loving, patient and reliable person. I’m neat, responsible, organized and respectful. The most important values to me are honesty, communication and respect.
I’m also very curious, I love to discover new places, new food and meet new people ! I’m open-minded and outgoing even if I’m a bit shy at first ! My friends say I’m someone who listens a lot to people, I am a good advisor and I have a good sense of humour !!!

In my spare time, I love cooking (cakes and pastas are my speciality !), going to the movies, listening to music and going to concerts, having a coffee with my friends, reading books, making handicraft, and surfing the Internet. I haven’t had the opportunity to travel a lot until today but I expect to do it as often as possible ! I went to Ireland for 3 weeks when I was 17. I used to have penpals from Australia and Ireland who I both met ! I like going to the swimming pool (I competed for swimming galas when I was younger). I sometimes go jogging and I have a step course on Saturdays.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and I can’t wait to get to know you and your family better and maybe be a part of it!!!

édit : Très bonne lettre. Agréable à lire. Bon anglais.

Points positifs
- Lettre complète
- Elle décrit ses expériences en baby-sitting (nombreuses).
- Elle parle de ce qu’elle pourrait apporter aux enfants et ce qu’ils pourraient lui apporter à elle.
http://sunriseoversea83.skyblog.com/
farah
:: Au Pair In America ::
farah

Féminin Nombre de messages : 19
Dates de mon séjour : Mai 2007 - Juin 2008
Ville, ETAT : Boston, MA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMar 06 Mar 2007, 1:07 pm

Donc voilà je mets ma lettre. Dites moi ce que vous en pensez?!?
Merci d'avance.

Dear Host Family,

My name is Farah, I’m 19 year old… and I’m looking forward to the best year of my life as an au pair in America!!!

I was born in the suburb of Paris and I live in Villeneuve Saint Georges (near Paris). I live with my parents, my brother and my sister. My father, Aïssa is 47 year old and he owns a fruits and vegetables shop. It’s the reason I love vegetables and fruits so much. My mother, Christine is 44 year old and she runs the customer service department of a professional newspaper specialized in Tourism. My brother, Hicham is 16 year old and he is in high school, he’s studying hard to become a journalist. My little sister Noor is 7 year old. She is at the elementary school. I take care of her a lot.
I also have a dog, Flash; a tortoise, Lucie and a cat, Baloo. In my spare time, I love to play with them and take care of them.
I have many aunts, uncles and cousins because my parents come from large families – my father has 2 brothers and 3 sisters and my mother has 3 sisters!!! My father’s family lives in Algeria so I hardly see them. But my mother’s family lives in south of France and I have one aunt who lives in Italy.

I spend every summer at my grand parents in the South of France, in a town called Toulouse (the pink city). Being the oldest, I take care of my cousins and my little sister. We play a lot; have fun in our swimming pool (I taught my cousins how to swim), we play rugby, badminton, frisbee and I take them to movies. I also do some gardening with my grand father and bottle vegetable with my grand mother. I am basically the activity planner and I love it!
I belong to a rowing club and practise when I go to my grand parents’ house. I have been practicing this sport for about 10 years. I also teach kids how to row. I like children; I have always been in charge of my brother and my little sister because my parents are very busy. I have also been doing children sitting since the age of 14 in order to get some pocket money.
I have been taking care of a little girl for about 5 years now. Her name is Jessica. She just turned 9. I look after her 5 times a week after school. I help her do her homework and practice her piano lessons. During her free time, we play games, we put make up on, we draw, and we play computer games or watch TV when she is allowed. In the summer time, we play outdoors. I also bring her to her ballet classes every Wednesday. Before looking after Jessica, I helped other children with their homework. I also took care of a young boy called Joey in the summer of 2004.

At school, I graduated with a Science Degree. My favorite class was biology. I also went to the University for a semester to study science. Upon my return, I am planning to complete my degree and my professional dream would be to create perfumes.
I have a nice network of my friends. We spend as much time as possible together and they are like a second family to me. On a personal level, I have simple taste and hobbies. I like to read, listen to music, go to movies with my friends or alone, do ice-skating… I also enjoy cooking.
Basically, my friends say I am a nice person!!! I’m dynamic, attentive, patiente, open minded. I choose the au pair’s program because I love to be with children. Go to the USA it’s my dream. I love travel but I never go in America. That’s why I choose USA to be an au pair. One of the reasons I would like to spend one year in USA is to perfect my English and discover a new country. I really want to live in an American family in order to live like them. The United States are for me an attractive country with a lot of things to discover, to learn…
My family is supportive of my decision even though we’ll miss each other a lot.

I hope you like my file. I look forward to hearing from you and really hope I will be your au pair. I am looking forward to meeting you soon.

Best Regards.

Farah

Points positifs
- Bonne description de sa famille, elle montre qu’elle aime l’ambiance familiale.

Points à améliorer
- Il semble qu’elle a des origines algériennes, dommage qu’elle n’en parle pas davantage.
- Le passage sur l’expérience avec les enfants est un peu court! Il nécessiterait qu’on s’y attarde un peu plus : ce qu’elle faisait avec eux (la dernière expérience n’est pas détaillée), une anecdote, ce qu’elle aime avec les enfants, leur tempérament… (le reste de la lettre serait à limiter pour introduire un peu plus les enfants!).
http://farahinamerica.skyrock.com
Angie-39
Angie-39

Féminin Nombre de messages : 168
Activité actuelle : aupair
Dates de mon séjour : Arrivee le 3 sept 2007
Ville, ETAT : Raleigh, NC

MessageSujet: Lettre de motivation, vous en pensez quoi?   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeDim 25 Mar 2007, 10:51 am

Coucou tout le monde!
C'est la première fois que j'écris sur ce forum mais je le consulte depuis le début de mon inscription.
Je suis avec CT, et j'aimerais savoir ce que vous pensez de ma lettre de motive.

Dear Host Family Letter,

Time is coming for me to tell you my whishes and my motivations. I've been waiting it for so long that I hope I won't forget anything.

I'm Angélique but everybody calls me Angie! I'm 22 and I live in Dole which is a little city in the east of the France. My mother, Monique, is an employee, and my father, Patrick, is a carpenter. I've one brother, David (28), who is a cooker, and one sister, Marie-France (25), who works in a hostel. I love them. It's very important to have good relationships with its family.

Other personn very important for me are my best friends. With them, we like going to the cinema, going ice-skating, shopping, going to the theme park, simply be together. My family and my friends support me in my choice to go to the USA. They know it'll be an excellent personnal experiment for me.

I studied economy, and I have my "baccalauréat" which is a high school diploma. Then, I studied one year English, and one year French at the university. But I have stopped it to prepare an estate Btec.

I've choosed the au pair’s program because I love to be with children. Children are very important for me and I am enjoying taking care of them. I like playing with them, drawing, doing manual activities…

I also have several experiences with children: Since 2005, I've worked as a babysitter for a friend Chrystelle. I take care of her little boy Mathieu (6). I keep him when I have no school (holidays and weekend). So, I took him his shower, I give him the meals, I led him at school, and I made him sleep. I've very good times whith him, we laught a lot.

Since october 11th 2006, I've done babysitting with Mathys, the baby of my best friends. I keep him on saturday night to let his young parents have fun. I give him his feeding-bottle, I change him, and I make him sleep. I love babies so I love spending time with him.

I’ve also done little babysittings with children of my family.

You can be sure that I'll love your children as if they were my brothers and sisters.

Now, I'll try to explain you why I want to be an Aupair in America. There're three reasons: first, I want to live this experiment because I love children. It's so interesting to have time with them. Then, I want to be an aupair to improve my english. Nowadays, speaking english fluently is a real advantage. And finally, why the USA? I want to discover this country since I learnt English. That's a great country, with wonderful landscapes, and an interesting way of life.

To conclude, I'll tell you some things about me. I'm dynamic, serious, open-minded and independent (I've my own flat since one year to do my studies).

Thank you for reading my letter. I hope to hear from you soon because I just want to realise my dream with you.
Warmest regards
Angie

Voila! Merci pour vos réponses.
Biz Angie

Points positifs
- Bonne introduction.
- Elle parle rapidement des enfants, elle les place en premier lieu dans ses motivations.

Points à améliorer
- Elle pourrait décrire un peu plus ses expériences avec les enfants.
- Elle ne parle pas de l’envie de partager la vie de famille.
http://Angie-o-states.skyblog.com
¤¤¤SaMiA¤¤¤
¤¤¤SaMiA¤¤¤

Féminin Nombre de messages : 918
Activité actuelle : Aupair enfin vacancière
Dates de mon séjour : 8 octobre 2007 ........
Ville, ETAT : Columbus, GA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMer 11 Avr 2007, 1:36 am

Dear host family,

I will begin by introduce myself After that I will tell you why I chose the au pair’s program an then more about me.
My name is Samia, I am 21 years old. I live in France, in the suburb of Paris, Colombes, with my parents and my sister. My father works as an electrician, my mother work in a retirement home with lovely old persons and my sister who is 22 years old is studying languages (English and Chinese) at university…
My family and I have good relations, and they support me in my decision to join you to the United States. They are sure that it will be a good human experience for me.

I choose the au pair’s program because I love being with children. Children are very important for me, actually they are our future, and I am enjoying taking care and playing with them. I like play with them, draw, play outside, manual activities… And I choose USA in order to perform my English and discover the American’s life family and the American dream.

Now more about me, I am responsible, mature and creative. You can have confidence in me. I am smiling, positive and dynamic person. Indeed I like several sports I practice soccer, tae kwon do, swim, fitness, gym, dance…
I like going to the cinema, reading, music, shopping, travelling and photography.
After the baccalauréat, I learn during two years psychology and sociology. I stop university in order to go to the USA, and after this year I would like go back to school but don’t know which tables chose. I hesitate between marketing and communication. I hope that at the end of this experience I will be able to tell you what I would like to become.

I have a great childcare experience. I had the luck to, at the age of 14 to make part of an organization that permit to youth like me to learn motorbike and do-it-yourself to children. After that at the age of 18 they offer us to pay a degree named BAFA which permit you to work with kids, children and teenagers in playground school. I even make several camps in the south of France. So since I succeed in this degree I use to work each school holidays in playground school. During this work time I had the opportunity to work or I can use the verb play with children of every age. I often went in camp with kids’ groups aged from 2 years old to 6 years old. I was like their parents during this time: I had to wash them, make them sleeping thanks to my favourite story and play with them during the daylight.
Every Tuesdays and Thursdays I am involved in helping teenagers with their homework.

I even make some baby sitting: Natasha 6 years old who was adopted, I use to pick up her at school helping her with her homework, preparing her meal and make her sleeping.
Every Wednesday, I used to bring Loraine 6, Romane 9 and Colline 11 in their different activities (dance, catechism, and music) and helping them with their homework.
Since nearly 2 years, I baby-sit Ilhan a lovely boy age of 2 and Yanis my little monster who is 6, two week end by month and some public holiday.

I hope you like my file. I look forward to hearing from you and really hope I will be your au pair. I am looking forward to meeting you soon.

PS: I am Muslim but it’s not a problem to adapt me to a family with other conviction because I’m very open and I am not an extremist.

Best Regards. Samia.

voilà ma tite lettre j'aurais aimé savoir ce que vous en pensez surtout au niveau du PS, c mon interwieuse qui m'a conseillé de fare ça mais je sais pas ça le fait de dire ça

Points positifs
- Dans ses motivations, elle fait bien la distinction entre le choix du programme au pair pour les enfants et le choix des USA pour l’échange culturel, le rêve américain et le partage d’une vie familiale.
- Elle cite de nombreux loisirs qu’elle aime.
- Concernant son projet professionnel, elle hésite encore et n’hésite pas à en faire part.

Points à améliorer
- Pour son expérience en centres : expliquer une activité qu’elle a organisé aurait pu être sympa!
- Ses dernières expériences ne sont pas développées.
- Ne pas mettre sa religion en PS mais au cœur de la lettre, quand elle parle d’elle-même. Il n’est pas utile de préciser qu’elle n’est pas extrémiste, peut-être dans ce cas-là, plutôt expliquer ce que sa religion implique au quotidien. Par ailleurs, dire que l’on est ouverte à des familles avec une autre religion prouve le « non-extrémisme ».
Coco Mademoiselle
Coco Mademoiselle

Féminin Nombre de messages : 9
Activité actuelle : étudiante

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMer 11 Avr 2007, 4:42 pm

Bon je vous laisse ma lettre, soyez simplement honnête au maximum parsce que je ne sais pas quoi en penser du tout ! [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples 952194

Dear Host Family,

My name is Elodie, I’m 19 years old. I live in France in a little city, Raon l’Etape, near Strasbourg and Nancy, in the east of France. At the moment, I’m student, in a high school degree specialized in literature. I the future, I would like to study English at the University to become an English teacher or primary school teacher because I adore English language and children. This work will allow me to work with both. Otherwise, the field of the communication or journalism in English could interest me a lot. I don’t know yet, the only certain thing is that I want to work with this beautiful language in the future. In fact, I often need to ear English, I love that and it’s weird because even before I began to learn it, when I was a child, I was always imbued and attracted to it. I had always something in English near me, music, books or magazines, I said many sentences in English despite the fact that I didn‘t understand what it meant. My family laughed always. Today, I feel good and calm when I can listen the radio or movies, series in English. I find it very beautiful, precious and subtle.

In my little life, I can say that I have one brother named Mickael and two sisters Vanessa and Cindy (who are 30,24 and 26 years), each of them have several children.. My brother’s fiancée is now pregnant of a little girl and I have also three nieces thanks to my two sisters. Consequently, I live alone with my parents since several years who support me a lot in my choice, all of my family too. I have to say that it was not a surprise when I told them more specifically about my decision to go in America, they knew about my old desire to live in this country for a long time and about my will to share this huge experience with a real American family and their children. Besides, it was very funny when my grandmother learnt it, she looked me and my parents cried with her little voice « oh ! I know for a very long time that you wanted to go in an English country but I didn’t believe that you will be so far and so long !!! « It really made us laugh ! Furthermore, I can say that I like close, nice and warm family. I love family atmosphere. Moreover, it’s the same for my boyfriend and my three best friends who push me towards my dreams. They know me, they know that many people will miss me, but they know all that I’m a girl who wants to accumulate many experiences, like travel, that anybody won’t steal me in the future whatever happens. Experiences that I will be able to share with my own future family, for example. They know all, that for me, studies and learn many things about countries are very important but discover things in the reality is too. They miss me all but they know well that I consider that love someone is not only physically, it’s also by though and heart.

Now, I’ll try to describe you my hobbies, my personality, qualities and also my faults for I want to be honest. (I’ll talk about children just after, don’t worry about this point)

My point is that I am a dynamic and calm person in general. It could seem to be paradoxical but to put it another way, I’m dynamic with people but calm because when I am alone I prefer reading a book for example than going out in a night club. I adore listening soft or classical music or rock in another moments. It depends of days. I like reading French, English/ American and Spanish novels. I adore cooking (I much love fruits and vegetables) for my family or to get good receptions. I like very much dance, modern but especially classical, it’s a very beautiful art ! Furthermore, I do some acting, I like theater, and I also like art. I can say that I am used to draw, paint and decorate, a room for example. I am very artistic since my childhood because much people of my family are painter. I like crafts, create things with simple things. I love discovers tows, city and their architecture , their history, their people and listening them. Besides, it’s general, I like listening people and talking with them, to be present for them. Finally, I also like perfumes and then, I want to say that I use to live with cats. Venesis, my own, is always with me, sleeps all nights on my bed, I love deeply this little beautiful creature.

Concerning my personality, I have already started a little. People often say that I’m very polite, serious, mature, responsible, reliable, very gentle and sensitive. They also say that I am very perfectionist and maniac, sometimes talkative, sometimes moaner but absolutely not moody.

Now I’ll talk about my experiences in caring for children.
First of all I have to say that I began to be often with children thanks to my pretty nieces. Laurie is five years and half, Morgane is two year and Manon is 1 year. At the beginning, when I knew that I will have a my first niece, and when she was born, I passed all of my holidays at my sister’s home, to take care of the little girl. (I am the last child in my family so I couldn’t take care of one of my sister.) I cooked for her, I had bath with her, I helped my sister as much as possible. Today she is five and half and I know her very precisely. Then, some times later Morgane and Manon were born and I had continue to take care of children as I had already done with Laurie and it continues with my brother’s fiancée, her baby, another little girl, is due this month, in April. We could thing that there are so much girls around me, just girls but no. I also take care of two other children, a boy Matthias who are five years and a girl, Lilly, three years and half.

I began to take care of Matthias since he was born thanks to my sister who knew Rachel, the mother. She needed help and knew by my sister that I liked to be with children. I could and I knew look after a little baby because Laurie was born some months before. Matthias likes cooking with me, especially nuts cake. I give him the nuts who had to break and it makes him laugh always. This is, like me, a real perfectionist child, it is very funny. Anything must be dirty around him or else he makes you a lesson of cleanliness. He wants to make cakes but the table must be perfect. What funny boy ! Then, concerning Lilly, I can say that I haven’t know her long, that is to say only some months. His father, a printer who must often leave his home, lives in my street and he asked me for a babysitting because his wife has been dead for some months. I am with Lilly often in the evening. This is a very calm girl who prefers reading than cooking as Matthias. By the way, it’s important for me to precise that take care of a child, the way of you take care, depends a lot of the child’s nature. It must be adapted according to the needs of child. I realize this fact when I am with Lilly and Matthias who are a huge difference of personality.

To conclude, I want to say that I really want to live this special years.
I think that this sort of experience brings me a lot and that discover another country, another way of life, of thinking must be delicious. I really want to discovers another culture that our European culture. Moreover, learn another culture learn his own.
I am ready since a very long time discover your country and I am ready to bring much love to you and your children.

Your sincerely.

édit : Bonne lettre mais trop longue. Anglais correct.

Points positifs
- Elle n’est pas encore certaine de son orientation professionnelle et n’hésite pas à en faire part.
- Elle décrit bien sa famille et dit qu’elle aime l’ambiance familiale.
- Elle décrit bien ses loisirs et ses qualités/défauts.
- Elle décrit bien ses expériences avec les enfants, anecdotes à l’appui ainsi que les tempéraments des enfants.
- Elle parle des adaptations qu’elle fait en fonction des enfants : comme elle parle des personnalités des enfants qu‘elle semble bien connaître, son discours est crédible.

Points à améliorer
- Lettre beaucoup trop longue. Passages qui pourraient être supprimés :
* Les détails sur son amour pour la langue anglaise : beaucoup de détails!!
* Insiste trop sur le fait que son entourage n’était pas étonné : le dire une fois est suffisant (l’anecdote avec la grand-mère fera sourire et peut rester dans la lettre).
* l’introduction au moment où elle parle de ses qualités et défauts (plus courte sans espace).
* certaines phrases inutiles comme « ( I am the last child in my family so I couldn’t take care of one of my sister.) » ou encore « She needed help and knew by my sister that I liked to be with children »
* répétition de l’âge de sa nièce.
à Plusieurs petites choses mais en enlevant ces petits détails, on peut réduire la lettre pour qu’elle ait la taille requise, et pas trop longue pour les familles qui doivent en lire plusieurs pour faire leur choix (et leur laisser des questions pour les emails et appels Wink).
carocmoi57
carocmoi57

Féminin Nombre de messages : 179
Activité actuelle : étudiante LLCE anglais
Dates de mon séjour : arrivée aux usa le 3 septembre 2007
Ville, ETAT : Boston ,MA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeVen 13 Avr 2007, 12:29 am

j'ai fini la mienne vous pouvé me dire ce que vous en pensez merci !

Dear Host Family ,

My name is Carole and I am 19 years old but I will be 20 soon (in May).
I was born in a little city (Thionville) , which is in the North-East of France ( near Germany and Luxembourg) and I am living in a little village near this city. I am living with my mother, my father and my sister. My mother is a worker and my father is a consultant at the French national employment agency. My sister Amelie , is 17 and she is in high school . My family supports me in my project, they encourage me and this is very important for me ! They think it can be a good experience for me.

In 2005, I passed my ” baccalauréat “, which is a high school degree specialised in economy . Now, I study English , German and Spanish at the University of Metz. I want to become a teacher ( for the moment, I prefer to be a teacher in the primary school).

I am an open-minded person . I am responsible and independent (Because of my studies , I have my own flat ). You can trust me.
During my free time I like playing the guitare , listening to music , going to the cinema and reading . I do a little sport ( swimming, dance , cycling). I traveled a little ( just in Europe : in Italy , in Germany , in Crete and in Ireland). I like going out with my friends too , they are like a second family for me !

Concerning children, I have a diploma (Bafa) which allows a person to work in a children outdoor activity center and in a holiday camp . So, since 2005, I work in a children outdoor activity center. I used to take care of children who where 8 to 10 years old but now , I am mainly working with children who are aged of 4 to 5 years . We are going to the swimming pool one time per week , we are playing games , we are making some drawing... In the summer , the center organize a outing in an amusement park and children love this park . I also do baby –sitting regularly. The children of which I sit with are two boys of 3 and 7 years old. They are adorable and so cute. The elder is a real fan of the movies “ Star Wars”. So, every time I take care of him he wants to see one of this movies. I know them by heart now !
The last month , I began a work experience in the nursery school. It’s very interesting , I am making math games with a little group of children and I can see the importance of the games at school with little kids.

To finish , I will explain you why I have chosen the aupair program. First of all because I love children, I love take care of them and spending time with them. They always say what they think and they are dynamic.I learn a lot of things with us. I also want to discover a new culture, a new way of life. I always wanted to go to the US and I think it is a good opportunity. I want to improve my english too because I study english since 9 years now , and I am sure it is the only way to speak english fluently.

Thank you for reading my letter. I hope to year from you soon.

Points positifs
- Lettre complète, concise allant à l’essentiel.

Points à améliorer
- Le paragraphe sur les enfants n’étant pas très long, il peut être agrémenté d’anecdotes, les prénoms des enfants. Elle dit les connaître par cœur, elle peut alors parler de leur tempérament, etc.
- La lettre est peut-être un peu trop simple, elle ne se détachera pas des autres, elle dit ce que tous les candidats disent dans leur lettre.
Piou
Piou

Féminin Nombre de messages : 493
Dates de mon séjour : du 13 aout 2007 au 30 aout 2008
Ville, ETAT : Fayetteville en North Carolina

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeSam 14 Avr 2007, 6:39 pm

none

Dernière édition par Piou le Mer 05 Oct 2011, 4:57 pm, édité 2 fois
http://uspiou.skyrock.com
Psiliinha
Psiliinha

Féminin Nombre de messages : 420
Activité actuelle : Etudiante en LEA Anglais Portugais

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMar 01 Mai 2007, 9:19 pm

Jviens de la finir... Je trouve que la childcare partie est un peu longue mais j'arrive pas à la résuire car je trouve que tout est important... Dites moi honnetement ce que vous en pensez et si vous voyez des ptites fautes lol

Merci :)

Dear host family,

My name is Priscilla Gomes. I am 18 and I was born and still live in a wonderful place called “le Bassin d’Arcachon”, which is located in the south west of France. I live with my parents José who is a builder, my mother Revecca who works in the jewel part of a supermarket, my brother Tom who is 6 and my lovely dog called Jimmy (a Boxer). I have a very good relationship with my family, and they really support me in this decision to become an aupair.

Honestly, as soon as I read the aupair’s brochure, I knew that it was for me. I’ve always been surrounded by children and I always loved being and playing with them. I like to take part in their games, not only watching them. To me there are a lot of reasons which made me chose the aupair program. First, I think that my childcare experience is great and and unic (I will writte about is downer), then, I would like to become an English teacher and I think that living a year in the United States of America, will be very positive for my English but also for my knowledge about the American culture. About culture, the Aupair program is in my opinion, the best way to share our culture : My father is Portuguese and my mother Spanish. I used to spend 3 months a year in Portugal in my grand parent’s house for the summer holidays so I grow up between these two countries which are very important for me. That’s why my culture is not only French but European, so I’ll be able to share with you French, Portuguese and Spanish habits.

Now more about my childcare experience.
Like you read it, I have a little brother. I think it’s the best childcare experience that somebody can have. I take care of him since he is a baby. Everybody says that I am his second mother because I was always asking to take care of him… I don’t really agree in that, I just think that I have to help my parents and I have to be a great sister. We like to have fun together and doing silly pictures. But I am also a very serious sister. We always do his homework and every thing has to be well done. I do it because he is a lazy boy lol and doesn’t really like school. But it’s getting better and he is really proud of him when he brings back home an “A”. He is really, really active… No time to boring ! Always running everywhere always jumping on the sofas… Taking care of him is like taking care of tree kids! My parents works a lot so I often have to take care of him (every day from 6pm to 8:30pm) and during the Saturdays. During the week, I help him with his homework, then I let him watch some cartoons, while I am cooking for us, he’s in his bath. We eat together at 7pm and then we play or watch cartoon or review the homework. My father is often back at 8pm and my mother at 8:30pm. They changed their schedules because I maybe far away from France and everything will perfectly work for them. I think that host families might be afraid about the fact that I miss my bother.. But I think that now thanks to internet and all these new technologies, France seems to be across the street, I talk everyday with my godfather and everything is fine. I would like to underline the fact that my childcare is unic, because I used to live with a new born, a baby, and I live now with a kid… I know how hard and wonderful it is to take care of them.
I don’t only take care of my brother. Portuguese families have so much member… And don’t know how much cousin I’ve got! I take of Lena since she is 5, she is now 10 and she growing up so quickly! We have in commun the fact that our families are Portuguese and her father works with mine. We do girl stuffs, she likes to talk to me about boys and stuff likes this. I guess she regards me as a sister (she is an only shild). When I go to Portugal, I take of my cousin while his parents and out grand parents are working. He is called Diogo and turned 8 in March. I like to teach him French sentences because I think that it is very positive for him. I am also the god mother of a wonderful little girl called Zoé. She has special needs so I have to be very attentive. She will be 3 in August. She lives in Taïwan but often come to France to see Doctors. When She id here, I always try to be with here. She has got a brother called Hubert who will be 7 in October. When they are in France I take them and my bother, and we all go to the beach. Moreover, Hubert only speaks English and Taïwanese. So I have to translate every thing.
Like a lot of people, I often do babysitting. I take care of my neighbours 3 times a week while there mother is doing sport. It’s two Brothers : Enzo and Joris. Enzo is 6 and Joris 3. I take care of them since Enzo was born. They have a very different personality… Enzy is very calm, and often likes to play alone in his room… But Joris… So active! How such a little boy can be so active ?! He’s like my brother. He always play together and have so much fun!
Finally, I worked in my town school during a week. I had to take care of the kids from 7am to 9am : helping them to awake up lol because some parents start working really early. I also have to help them during lunchtime from 12pm to 2pm, and after school from 4:30pm to 7pm... I had to help them with their home works and to do activities with them... I always try to find new games and especially ludic games, which is better. I am also a sport educator during the summer holidays. I take care of kids between 6 and 15 years old. I have to do sport with them, and we always camp a week next to a lake... There they have to cook, to clean and I have to supervise them. Most of the time I have to supervise 20 children.
It was a bit long but I think that it’s important for you to know that I have all the experience required to be an excellent aupair.

Finally, here’s more about myself and my personality. I think I am a dynamic person. I am keen on sport and really like Skiing, snowboarding and running. Although I love sport, I don’t have a competition spirit. I practice sport because I love it and because it’s excellent for my health. I also regard myself as a very creative person. I adore art, all type of art : Photography, painting, music, dance… I always try to find new artists with my friends and on the Internet. I also enjoy travelling. Portugal as a very special place in my heart, it’s there that I learnt the most important values. Travelling is for me the best way to discover cultures and to try them : I always adapt myself to the country that I visit. Then people says that I am a patient person, always willing to try new experiences and also a funny person.

To conclude, I want you to know that I don’t regard the aupair position as a job but as an experience. For me being your aupair is a real passion and I'll give you 100 per cent of my energy, love and attention to your children but also to your family! I'll take care of your children as if they were mine it means that I'll bring them a lot of Love

I hope you enjoyed my letter.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Priscilla

édit : Bonne lettre mais trop longue. Anglais très correct.

Points positifs
- Elle met en avant ses atouts : expériences, cultures…
- Elle décrit son petit frère : tempérament, etc., ce qui rend cette expérience encore plus vivante, plus crédible.
- Elle développe bien ses motivations, ses loisirs…
- Lettre complète.

Points à améliorer
- Lettre trop longue. Choses à supprimer :
* répétitions dans la description de son rôle de grande sœur : devoirs,… + certains détails inutiles comme les horaires, puisqu’il s’agit de son frère.
* répétition du fait que son expérience est unique.
* le fait qu’elle n’ait pas l’esprit de compétition : pas utile pour une potentielle famille de le savoir, intéressant de savoir quels sports elle aime!
- Eviter les « lol » dans la lettre.
- Organiser un peu mieux la partie avec les enfants : au départ, elle parle de ses cousins, on pense qu’elle va parler de ses cousins mais non pas dans un premier temps! Eventuellement parler de tout ce qui est famille dans un premier temps : frère, cousin, filleule, puis décrire les expériences hors famille.
Mailys

Mailys

Féminin Nombre de messages : 37
Activité actuelle : Au pair

MessageSujet: Host family letter   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeJeu 10 Mai 2007, 1:09 pm

Coucou! Je viens de finir ma lettre et aimerait beaucoup avoir votre avis..S'il ya des choses en trop, ou pas assez..
Merci d'avance :-)

Dear Host Family,

Hello! My name is Mailys and I'll be 20 years old in September. I live with my parents in a small village near the Swiss border. We are very close to each other and family-oriented. My dad works as a manager in a supermarket and my mum is a practical nurse. They support me in my decision to come to the United States as they think it will be a very rewarding human experience and a good way to improve my English.

My love for children is what made me choose the au pair's program. I love taking care of kids, playing, doing artcrafts and enjoy playing "hide and seek" ! Children are a lot of fun and spending time with them has always been a pleasure for me even if sometimes it can be exhausting!

Though I have a few experiences in baby sitting with my cousins (3 girls of
3, 5 and 6 years old) I decided 2 months ago to be an au pair in Switzerland to get more experience before my departure. The family I found is great! There are 4 children : Edoardo (8), Giulia (5), Sebastiano (5) and Alessandro (20months). Usually, I help Edoardo with his homework and play board games for 2hours. Then the parents come home with the youngers and I look after them until we have dinner. We play outside with toys, bicycle, children cars and scooters. I give them a bath and tidy the kids bedrooms, clean/set the table while the mum is cooking. After dinner I read short stories, which is one of my favourite moments as the kids are always attentive, ask questions and it is a lot of fun! Two days a week, I specially take care of the littlest one, while the mom is at work or needs time alone. Most of the day is spent outside playing with toys or going on a stroll. This great experience enforces a lot my desire to be an au pair in the US!

About me... I always want everybody around me to be happy and
don't like conflicts at all so I am sociable and patient and always keep a smiling and positive attitude =)
I am passionate in music and one of my biggest dream is to be a singer! I have been in several music and drama schools which built my personality.
One of the other things I love is travelling. I spent 3 months in London on my own last year and this experience helped me mature very much and progress a lot
in English (I am at an advanced level now). Discovering a new culture is so exciting!

In the future, I'd like to be a French teacher for English speaking people. That's why this au pair experience will be highly beneficial for my career!

I am so excited about going to the US, this is one of my childhood biggest dream and I can't wait to make this happen!

I look forward to seeing you very soon,

Maïlys flower

édit : Bonne lettre. Bon anglais.

Points positifs
- Elle décrit bien son expérience avec les enfants : activités, moment préféré..

Points à améliorer
- Comme elle n’a pas beaucoup d’expérience, peut-être parler un peu de ses cousins dont elle s’est occupée : activités, anecdote, tempérament…
- Elle pourrait également plus développer la partie où elle parle d’elle, notamment ses loisirs en dehors de la musique, ce qu’elle fait de son temps libre.
http://mailys1.etoilecasting.com
LiLivia
¤ projet annulé ¤
LiLivia

Féminin Nombre de messages : 108
Activité actuelle : Etudiante infirmière qui n'a pas pu partir l'été 2007 :(

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeDim 13 Mai 2007, 1:46 am

Bon a mon tour de mettre ma lettre elle est pas longue c'est pour STS et fallait que je raccourcisse pour que ca tienne sur 1 page :

Me :
My name is Olivia I was born in January 20th, 1986 in Paris where I grown up until seven years old. Now I live in Vitry-sur-Seine with my parents in the Parisian belt. It’s a pretty active town.
I’ve always been in love with USA, its culture, its life style, its language and that will be a honor to be part of your family.
I’m a dynamic, creative, responsible and determined person. I’m very careful in what I do.

My family :
My mother Amélie, works in one of the biggest Parisian hospital « La Pitié-Salpêtrière » for 26 years. My father Jean is a building worker.
My parents and I are very close, they always support me in what I do and trust me. They know how much I like USA and encourage me to live my dream.
We originate from an island called Guadeloupe, in French West-Indies. A big part of my family live there and unfortunately I don’t have the opportunity to go there often, but we are always in contact.
I’ve got 3 sisters : Sandrine is 30 , we’re close, she lives in Parisian zone too. Valérie is 28 and Sabrina is 26 live in Guadeloupe.

My hobbies :
I horse-ridded while 2 years, I like horses unfortunately I had to stop when I went to high school. I enjoy in skiing, athletics (but I don’t practice), African dance, listening music especially soul, jazz, rhythm and blues and the yoga that’s really relax me. I also love knitting and sewing.
Since two years, I work in a elderly person’s hospital only during holidays when I’m not in children camp. I really love working there, talk with this grand-pa and grand-ma with their experience of life. Although it’s hard this is my vocation so that’s okay !

The children :
I have several experience with children. First of all as a baby-sitter.
In 2004 few months, I looked after 3 kids, Basile who was 8, Louise who was 6 and Lise who was 4. I was with them only after school 2 after noon a week, so I helped Basile with his homework and played with Louise and Lise.
For a year and a half, I looked after Alice, 8 years old and Nicolas, 6 years old. Their parents are divorced, so I was very attentive to their needs especially for Nicolas who was disturbed about this situation. Alice is a fan of Diddl, she collects all that she cans, paper bags, writing paper, envelope, stickers… Nicolas lives in his world, he likes cartoons, nature and animals.
Since 2006, I take care of Paul, 2 years old and his brother Alexandre, who is 4, about 2 Wednesdays a month. Alexandre is a big fan of Formula 1 and especially Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso. Thanks to him I know a lot about F1 now ! Paul is a adorable little boy who loves hugs and the LEGO. Otherwise, I work in some camps while holidays.
Last year in February I was in a skiing camp with teenagers aged between 13 and 17 years old. I had to wake up them, bring them to their activities. I liked that camp especially the relation with those teens.
In April 2006 and February 2007, I went to a camp about cinema with children aged between 10 and 14 years old. They had to do a small movie also they had some activities like dancing, acting and photos.
I’ve got a nephew Lee-Roy who is almost 7 and a niece Kaelle who is 4, I’m crazy about them ! I love having time with them.
Children bring me a lot, they make me smile, give me the will to do better, to grow up, to progress, and I give them the manners with fun, and grow up nicely : it's a sharing.

Thank you for reading my letter, it was difficult to sum up my desires, and my motivations, I hope I didn’t forget anything. And I hope to hear from you soon.

Voila j'attends vos avis :)

édit : Bonne lettre. Anglais correct (erreurs mais compréhensible).

Points positifs
- Elle décrit bien sa famille et ses loisirs.
- Elle décrit les tempéraments et les centres d’intérêts des enfants qu’elle a gardé.

Points à améliorer
- Attention à la présentation : mettre une en-tête (dear Family…) et ne pas présenter la lettre avec « my family », etc., rédiger les choses comme une lettre, ne pas lister les choses.
- Elle dit où sa mère travaille sans préciser sa profession.
- Elle décrit les centres d’intérêt des enfants mais pas ce qu’elle faisait avec eux : leur donner le bain, lire des livres, jouer, etc.
- Elle ne développe pas ses motivations.
http://esibicetre.skyblog.com
Antoine
Antoine

Masculin Nombre de messages : 12

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMer 16 Mai 2007, 7:35 am

Voici ma lettre j'ai pas finit je penses que je vais rajouter quelques trucs :

Dear host family,

Who am I?

My name is Antoine, I am 21 years old , I was borned in Chateauroux (a town at about 3 hours south from Paris) on may the 8th 1986.
I live currently in Limoges in the center of France in an apartement. I have been studying computer science at the university for two years.
I got my French high-school diploma in 2004. I would like to continue my studies after my stay "au pair". I would like to become a university teacher in computer science (specialized in security) or another job in computer security.
I have got a driving-licence for 3 years but I have been driving for 5 years (with a learner’s permit). I have my own car.

My family.

My parents' home is 60 miles far from my apartement, and I am visiting them one week-end a month. My parents work in the field of education (dad is a teacher’s inspector and mum is a psychologist for children). I have no brother or sister but I always wanted to have one. My family and I have good relations, and my parents support me in my decision to go to the United States. They think it's a good experience for me and for improving my english which is not so good (I can understand quite well but when I speak I make a lot of mistakes and my grammar is very poor). I am ready to make efforts to improve my english, this is one of my challenges.

My friend's point of vue.

If you ask someone if I am able to care about children, he will answer : "Of course, Antoine knows so many games.".
My friends come to see me when they don't feel good because I am open-minded, I can listen, I can give good pieces of advice. I can even be the confidant of some of them.

My point of vue.

I am calme and thoughtful. I am active, even a bit to much. I like to live at 200 miles per hours, if I stop for 2 seconds, I get bored. This is the reason why I like to care about children because they are never tired.

Why I choose the au pair program?

At the first, I wanted to study one year in an american university to improve my english but the fees are too expensive. Then I chose to become an au pair as I had a lot of experiences with children and I liked to be with them.
I enjoy playing with children because it brings me back to my childhood though I behave like an adult.

My experience.

I have the bafa(french diploma for counsellor), I did a lot of camps and I often baby-sat 2 brothers during 3 years. I can help children with their homeworks.

Hobbies.

I like to see my friends, to meet new people, to talk with them.
I like learning, computer, internet.
I like snowboarding, swimming, travelling, all sorts of sports.
I like society games, playing cards, music, video games, lego(construction game), handicraft, building huts.
I like movies, play theater, dancing, shopping.

Au pair in an american family.

I wish to have an other vision of America, different from the one I see on TV. I prefer to live in a city or near a big city because it is my way of living. I wish to discover a new culture, new customs and a new family life. Sharing this life will help me to improve my level of english, especialy if I care about children.
Behing an au pair means to me be present in the good and bad moments

I hope you enjoyed my letter. I look forward to hearing from you.

Antoine.

édit : Lettre à retravailler et à développer. Anglais correct (erreurs mais compréhensible).

Points positifs
- Il parle de son expérience de conduite.
- Il parle de nombreux loisirs.

Points à améliorer
- Revoir l’organisation de la lettre : lister les choses peut être sympa car cela est fait de façon originale mais attention, vous perdez de la place sur la lettre de cette façon, donc vous dîtes moins de choses! De plus, cela fait un effet catalogue!
- Il a choisi de ne pas développer son expérience avec les enfants car tout est écrit dans le dossier : la lettre est le moment pour développer des choses dont on ne parle pas dans le dossier (anecdotes, activités réalisées, tempérament des enfants…), par contre les détails tel que la date de naissance sont inutiles dans la lettre!
- Dire que son anglais n’est pas très bon est une bonne chose dans la mesure où il se montre motivé pour évoluer et faire des efforts mais il est inutile de dire que sa grammaire est très pauvre est inutile, la famille d’accueil n’est pas prof d’anglais.
- La partie avec les enfants est définitivement trop courte! Il faut développer les expériences avec activités, anecdotes, etc.
- Il dit être calme puis il dit qu’il est actif?!
- Eviter de dire que l’on souhaitait être étudiant aux US mais trop cher donc par défaut, on a choisi au pair. C’est quelque chose que vous pourrez dire par la suite mais au premier abord, cela n’est pas très conseillé.
- Les loisirs sont listés, il faut davantage rédiger cela comme une lettre.
- Attention à ne pas dire que vous souhaitez être dans une ville ou proche d’une ville alors qu’à côté de cela, il dit vouloir découvrir quelque chose, c’est contradictoire. De plus, aux USA, vivre « à la campagne » n’a rien à voir avec la campagne française, la composition des villes est très différente de l’Europe (cf cours de géographie).
fany
fany

Féminin Nombre de messages : 217
Activité actuelle : au pair retraitée
Dates de mon séjour : Du 8 octobre 2007 au 6 novembre 2009
Ville, ETAT : Denver , COLORADO

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMer 11 Juil 2007, 3:04 am

Coucou !!
je suis en plein dossier en ce moment et là je viens de finir ma lettre! [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples 24838 bon c'est un premier essai dc ya des chances qu'elle soit modifiée .. alors j'aimerai bien avoir quelques avis svp :D surtt n'hésitez pas à me dire si des choses vous choque parceke il est possible ke j'ai inventé des mots lol et je sais pas si tt est bien compréhensible ...
enfin bref , dites moi ske vous en pensez ! merci d'avance flower

Dear Host Family ,

My name is Fany and I’m 19 . I live in France , in a town named Savigny-le-Temple , near Paris . I live with my parents Serge and Nathalie . My father is a cook and my mother works in a school as a supervisor . I have two sisters : Julie (15) and Camille (4) and one brother , Kevin (13) . We also have a cat and a fish .
I have good relationships with my family and they all support me in my decision to leave to the United States to become an Au Pair .

I had my « baccalaureat » the last year and I started to learn the law at university in October , but I stopped five months ago because it was to hard and it wasn’t really what I wanted to do …
Now I work in a vacation center with children between 2 to 7 . I look after a group of eight children ; I play with them , we draw , we sing , we paint and we play outside . I like working with children !
I love children first of all . I use to do baby-sitting since I’m 15 . The last year , I took care of two sisters during the holidays : Isadora ( 8 ) and Tessa (4) . I took care of them during all the day . I prepared their breakfast and dressed them , then we did manual activities or played before the lunch . After the lunch they took a nap , and then we played or went outside since their mother arrived .
During this year I baby-sat Hugo (10) and Lola (3) one evening per week . I played a little with them , then I read a story and it’s time to sleep ! Sometimes I also pick Hugo at tennis on Wednesday afternoon .
Three times per week I assist a student who is 16 with his homework and I help him to learn and understand his lessons . It’s not like taking care of children but it’s also interesting because I try to make him learn more and better and it’s a real satisfaction when he succeeds !
As I’m the eldest of my family ,I know what it is to live with little children . I also have many cousins and I use to take care of the little ones . I think that my best experience is with my little sister Camille . She’s 4 and I see her grow up since her birth . I like spending time with her and we do many things together ! I take her at school , I prepare her lunch , I play with her , we go to swimming pool , to the park , and I try to teach her different things like draw , spell the alphabet or write her name. Moreover I use to accompany her and her class when they go to the zoo or when they do gymnastics .

I am a dynamic person and I like doing sports . What I prefer is dancing and doing gymnastics . I was in a gymnastics club during 10 years , and now I am majorette since 5 years in a club .
I use to practise other sports too , like swimming , biking , badminton and so on .
I am also fond of photography , even if I’m not a professional .
I also like reading , going to cinema , shopping , doing manual activities and so on .

I would like to become an Au Pair in the United States , first of all because I like children and I like spending time with them and taking care of them . I’m a responsible , trustworthy , patient and attentive person . I can be funny but also authoritative when it’s necessary .
I think that living with some children during one year would be a very interesting experience because it would enable me to follow the evolution of the children step by step and help them in this evolution . I hope I could be a sister and a kind of guide for them .
Moreover , I’m interesting in the USA since a long time and my dream is to live and study there . I think it’s a big country with many different things to discover , and living in an american family is the best way to learn more about the american culture , the customs and the language . I like speaking English and it’s also a good way to improve it .
After my studies I would like to become a teacher , maybe a French teacher in the USA , or an English teacher in France .
I think that the Au Pair experience will be the best experience of my life and I hope you will realize my dream !

I hope you enjoyed my letter , I look forward to hearing from you soon .
And I’m in hurry to take care of your children and to learn more about your family .
Best regards ,

édit : Bonne lettre, complète. Anglais très correct.

Points positifs
- Elle décrit bien ses expériences avec les enfants.
- Lettre très complète : famille, qualités, loisirs, expérience, projets, motivation…

Points à améliorer
- Dire à quoi correspond le « baccalauréat ».
- Attention, « i’m in a hurry » veut dire que l’on doit se dépêcher, pas que l’on a hâte (« i can’t wait », « i’m excited » sont plus appropriés).
http://fany-usa.vefblog.net
sunshiniz
sunshiniz

Féminin Nombre de messages : 24
Activité actuelle : J'ai eu mon bac !!! =D
Dates de mon séjour : depart pour le janvier 2008
Ville, ETAT : Berwyn PA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Sep 2007, 5:03 pm

Voila enfin apres 3 semaine de cresage de cervelle Suspect je l'ai fini !!
Est ce que quelqu'un pourait me donner son avis sur ma lettre s'il vous plait !!

Hello ,
My name is Lénaïg (my name is a celtic name ) , I’m 20 years old and I live in the south of France at Montpellier .It’s a really dynamic city almost the feet in the Mediterranean sea .I love surfing , life guarding and cooking it’s my French side I think ! During the 2007 year lot of thing abet me to consider one year on the American floor .At the first hand my bachelor’s degree achievement (in the economical and social session), in more my envy to work in the aeronautic sector make precise that I hope to can make my hair hostess degree .In more I think this experience will can give me a required some hindsight for can to do the major choices in my life.
For this plan my family to uphold me at 100% same the prospect to see me so far to afraid them .I have a normal family with my parents (all both civil servant ) and my both sisters : Nolwenn 24 years old who is police woman and Soazig 17 years old who is still at the high school . I have a united family but paradoxically we have always succeeded to separate us. For example every summer I go to work two mouths at the summer’s camps and I can’t to see my family during this period.
With my friend group it’s like my second family, it’s like I will have nine brothers and sisters supplementary. We are very close and we always totally support us for all us project for example one of my friend is go in Burkina Faso for a humanitarian trip we had make a letter calendar at open every day .
I had beginning to work very early with children .After to have my children educate degree (a degree for work with children in holyday camps, foster care …) I tried to work with all the age grade and all the public (like handicap children for example) .Thereby I could see have dickens with the children with handicap because this public need a certainly ripeness and the required hindsight .Beside my 4 years background in holiday camps and tutoring ,I notice the tutor or the camp counsellor to can represent a reference no like a parents but rather like a big sister or big brother .I thing the child try to copy this reference so it’s for that I thing the tutor or the camp counsellor , for me , can’t to do something contrary at a certainly ethical (like to smoke at front of a child or don’t cheer the work …) I thing to be au pair to need the same frame of mind .
With the children I like to do lots of activity to understand the world around us and have fun but at every age it play .Every children have his preference because some children prefer manual activity or physical activity. For the little children the stroll is very good to see other colour or smell other tone. For the teenager it’s different because often they prefer to be with their friend so I thing the au pair role it’s to supervise their emotional and scholastic flowering; and to propose activities. In more I think the au pair must to help the family when there are hostility feelings.
I think the parents au pair relationship is very important same it’s a new experience because I think it’s not the same relationship with the director same when I work I live 24 hours on 24 with them .It’s different because when I work it’s professional only where as I think this experience will be the opportunity to create link .

I’m so exited to met you
Lénaïg

édit : Bonne lettre. Erreurs mais à peu près compréhensible.

Points positifs
- Elle parle de son « côté français » Wink

Points à améliorer
- Attention à la traduction de « baccalauréat »!
- Comme les enfants ne font pas partie de ses motivations, il faut tout de même qu’elle dise qu’elle aime les enfants!
- Eviter de dire que l’on a une famille « normale », se contenter de la décrire.
- Le passage avec les enfants est à revoir : anglais limite compréhensible.
- Elle explique que l’on doit s’adapter à l’enfant pour les activités mais ne donne aucun exemple concret de sa propre expérience. En dehors de ses expériences en centre, elle ne parle d’aucune expérience en baby-sitting!
http://littlemissauxusa.blogspot.com/
ofelys
ofelys

Féminin Nombre de messages : 54
Activité actuelle : Au Pair, à Cumming GA
Dates de mon séjour : arrivee le 6/12/07 dans la famille
Ville, ETAT : Cumming, GA

MessageSujet: Ma lettre avant corrections   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitimeMer 03 Oct 2007, 2:05 am

Je vous met en ligne ma jolie lettre, bien longue, bien faite, trop géniale et tout que je viens de finir (je dis ça parce que je viens de passer + de 2 heures dessus, sachant que j'avais déjà fais mon brouillon y'a 15 jours)

Je suis chez STS, en rappel.

Je ne l'ai pas encore faite corrigé alors soyez indulgents pour mon anglais.

Dear family,

First i can say i'm so excited to come in USA, in your family. That's the reason why i'm very happy to write this letter for you !

My name is Ophélie, i will be 21 in december. All my life is child-oriented, so it's a real privilege to be an au pair ... your au pair.

Then i live in my own appartement since half past one year. As a consequence i'm used to be far from my family. Furthermore, i spend tree years in a boarding school for my studies. Thus, i'm very mature and independant, and it won't be a problem to be in an other country.

My family, big family, agree my decision and think it will be a good experience for me. Me too. They composed of 2 sisters (Amélie 18, Mandy 15) and 4 brothers (Valentin 12, Dylane 10, Théo 5, Williane 2).

Also, i really love children and spend a lot of time with them. Therefore, i would like to do childcare my career. In order to do this, when i will come back to France, i will join an Educator's school.

Furthermore, i'm very socialbe and prefer to be with people and meet news than to stay alone. Still i can need solitud sometimes.

Otherwise, if you look my profile, you can see i have got a lot of references in babysitting, summer camps or others.

What's is more, i would like to improve my english for remove language barriers when i meet people. Wich is why i choose USA. Also it will be a good way to discover a different country than France or United Kingdom, with new habits. Moreover, i'm someone who is adventurous, and love to travel.

To conclude, i can say i'm very funny, and will love your children. I can asseret i will have very good relationships and become a big sister. So i promise to play swing with them and reading stories.

It's very important for me to find a family who will love me as mush as i will love you.

I wish i will spend a fantastic year with you.

Ophélie, french au pair.

Sunshiniz, on a des lettres tout à fait différentes, mais la tienne est bien aussi !!!!!

Désolée si j'ai des idées qui ressemble un peu aux votres, mais j'ai lu vos lettres il y a deux mois de ça alors j'ai paut être été inspirée !

Merci de me donner votre avis si vous le voulez bien.

Bisous Ophélie.

édit : Bonne lettre mais à compléter. Anglais correct.

Points à améliorer
- Lettre un peu courte.
- Elle dit que sa vie est « child-oriented », cela nécessite des explications! Trois passages devraient être regroupés : le moment où elle parle de cela, le moment où elle parle de ses études éloignées et le moment où elle parle de ses projets professionnels.
- La description de la famille est trop courte : la profession des parents, sa relation avec eux…
- Il faut développer l’expérience avec les enfants et ne pas se contenter de renvoyer aux références. La lettre, c’est l’occasion de décrire ses expériences, de donner des petites anecdotes, de rendre ces expériences crédibles et vivantes, montrer sa personnalité avec les enfants!
- Beaucoup de « moreover » ou autres transitions : il s’agit d’une lettre, pas d’une argumentation Wink
- Elle ne parle pas de ses loisirs.
http://us-logbook.skyrock.com/
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples Icon_minitime

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples
Page 1 sur 15Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Suivant