Partagez | 

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Eeylika
:: Au Pair In America ::
:: Au Pair In America ::

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 18 Avr 2011, 12:17 am

Comme quoi c'est toujours utile de se relire à tête reposée ^^ Donc je vais modifier ça, merci beaucoup en tout cas
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
RedEuphoria

Féminin Nombre de messages : 18

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 06 Oct 2011, 4:04 pm

Bon et bien, j'en ai chié pour l'écrire et... Je ne suis pas du tout satisfaite de ce que j'ai fais. Balancer donc les critiques que j'arrange ça :P

Dear family,
My name is Valentine & I’m 18yo. I live in a little town in the country with my family. My family is composed of my mother Agnès, my father Thierry and my 2 little sisters: Jeanne (12yo) & Appoline (15yo). I love have fun with Appoline, because we share a lot of common points, like being out-going or the same sens of humor. We also have 3 dogs and 4 cats, and they’re a part of the family.
I just passed my high school diploma and I decided to make a break before starting psychologies studies. But why did I choose to be an au pair, and why in the USA? First, I always wanted to go to the USA, that’s a dream since a very long time. Moreover, I love learning languages & I love English. So, why as an au pair? Because living in a family is the nest way to discover another culture. Then because children can teach us as much as we teach them! I also like having responsabilities, we can’t let our children to someone we don’t trust, it needs a reliable relationship, and I think this is the most important thing: to be honest and reliable.

Talking about my childcare experience, I “cut” it into 2 parts, because I think that’s really different: in the leisure center & baby sitting. So, I’ve worked 3 weeks in a leisure center. The activities were various: manual&creatives activities, cooking, group’s fame, walks with bike… It was funny, but I prefere baby sitting because taking care of so many children is tiring, and you can’t really give a particular attention for each of them. But, I was bound with a shy little girl: Prune. I’m very good at being understanding and listening to people. So Prune wasn’t so shy, but very talkative! You know you’re a privilegied animator when you received a drawing everyday:
In collaboration with the leisure center, I’ve animate a campasite with 8 to 12 yo children. It was awesome! Also tiring, because stay away from his parents isn’t always easy for some of them, moreover the weather wasn’t good at all, so we had to manage some problems because of the plentiful rain. We also have to teach them the rules of life in community: participate to the chores, and so on. During this week, they had many activities about the performing arts in the aim of creating a show at the end of the week. I guess I enjoy it as much as the children!
So, it was a good experience but I prefer baby-sitting: there are less children, so you can give them (or him/her) a more important attention, learn to know him quicker, focus on what he prefers doing, eating… Generally, I like making creative activities, and they like it too. But depending on children, I know that for exemple, Marc loves playing party games, but sometimes he needs to stop and make a more dynamic activity. I also know that he prefers sports rather than creatives activites. I keep him and his little sister often, but never more than 3hours. So I do my best, I want them to spend a pleasant moment, and when I come back to see him, I’m happy that they’re happy to see me again.

I’m a dynamic and optimistic girl. I love put a smile on people faces, or making them laugh! Everyday, I listen to music. And the more I listen to music, the better my mood is. I used to play violin, now I try to learn guitar alone. I also love manual activities! Painting, making jewels… I’m also volunteer in a company of medieval theatre, so I help them for various activities: cooking for the actors, serve at the bar, help them to create the decoration… Il also like watching soap opera! I improved my English thanks to NCIS, that I watch in original voices since I’m 13. Even if I’ve ever travel, I don’t feel this experience like a simple “travel”. Not as a “tourist”, but as a really and complet discover of the American culture! So I’m very cheerful and excited of the idea of leaving, I’m curious and open-minded, it’s really important to me to learn more and more!
It’s important to me to precise that this project is really holding me, I work on it since a long time and I needed all my will: I had to work a lot for paying my driving licence and all the needs of this project. I’m doing my best, because I want this experience the better it can be.
I hope my letter isn’t too long, but if you want more details, I made a blog especially for host families: http://redfeather.exsay.fr/

Waiting forward to your answer, dear family,
Valentine :)
dominours
:: Cultural Care ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 566
Activité actuelle : Master 1 MEEF - prof des écoles
Dates de mon séjour : 16 avril 2012 -- 18 mars 2013
Ville, ETAT : Midlothian, Texas près de Dallas

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 06 Oct 2011, 5:09 pm

Bonjour, bon bah c'est mon tour de soumettre mon "travail". Je suis sure qu'il y a plein de choses à améliorer et mon anglais :s
Enfin j'attends vos commentaires

Merci les filles!! (et les garçons Wink )

Edit:j'ai retiré ma lettre car je l'ai pas mal changé depuis mon premier post et de toute façon, je l'ai déjà envoyé donc...

Dernière édition par dominours le Lun 24 Oct 2011, 10:11 am, édité 1 fois
http://domi-in-the-usa.cowblog.fr
virginia

Féminin Nombre de messages : 34
Activité actuelle : Départ imminent. Destination: le rêve américain.
Dates de mon séjour : Du 27 Février 2012 au 26 Février 2013 (13emem mois au max jusqu'au 28 Mars 2013)
Ville, ETAT : Mill Valley (Close to SF) California

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Dim 16 Oct 2011, 11:44 pm

bonjour tout le monde.
Ba voila, après avoir hésitée et surtout apréhendée pendant des semaines. Jme suis lancée il ya peu dans la recation de ma lettre.
Et résultat j'ai écrit plus de deux pages word!!! Moi qui doutais de pouvoir en accoucher d'une!
Bref voila la ma lettre. J'imagine bien qu'il faudrais que je réduises un peu la bête. Mais plus jme relis moins jvois par ou résumer. Jai l'impression que tout est important. Pire j'ai même envie d'en dire plus!!!

Dear host family,
I am so happy to can write you more freely with this letter. You have surely already learned a lot about me and my experiences thanks to my account. But there is still a lot thing to know, and I hope this letter will be the first of many exchanges between you and I.

 To start, let me tell you where I come from.
I'm Virginia, a smiling girl of 25 years, living really next to Paris (17 km so a little more than 10 miles), in a city called Chennevières-sur-Marne. I got a brother Alfredo (29 years) and two sisters. Kelly (19 years) just has got her high school diploma and starts now a technical degree in order to be optician. Eunyse (25 years, she’s my twin!!) will finish this year her study to be nurse.
My both parents are cleaning agents. They came from Bissau Guinea there is almost 30 years ago. They are so brave. I am really proud of the education they gave us. Respect, labor, love and open-mindedness were the master words.

My family supports me in my project. My friends are also behind me in this adventure. All my people know how much I love taking care of children. But they mostly hear me, so many times, express my wishes to travel and discover new countries, new people, new habits, and new way of lives.
So it was obvious for me to become an au pair. From my view this’s the best, funnier and most complete way to combine all this. And even more: to improve my English, to make a lot of new friends and to build memories for a lifetime.

 Now we will discuss my experiences with children.
The first kid I had taken care, and I still do now even if she’s no more a child, was my little sister Kelly. I well remember how much I enjoyed learn to change her diapers, feed her with bottle then baby food, play with her… to see her smile was such a joy. The more gratefully was to teach her stuff like walking, eating, speaking, be polite, dress up herself… It was amazing to be a great sister, to feel as her model!

When I still was a little girl, I was so full of admiration in front of my own youth-leaders in daycare and camps. I was take them as example, they was like big siblings for me. I knew that I wanted to be like them.
So as soon as I had the opportunity (at my 18years) I had started the formation to have a certificate which allows you to work with children (BAFA). In the first time of this formation we learn about the child rhythms, their different needs and abilities depends to their age. We also learn the best way to answer to these needs by proposing them variety of activities age-appropriate. While ensuring the physical safety and emotional. It was really interesting but very theoretical. So the next step consist in improve our new knowledge. And then you can choose a kind of specialty. For me it was sanitary assistance and bath watching.

The most important experience then I have, where I had spent the most time working with children, is in daycare centers. During more than six years now and for two municipalities different (this represents more than a half dozen centers), I increase my experience. I could improve and complete my childhood knowledge front of children from 2 to 12 years and who came from several social environments. More than just a job, being a youth leader was a true revelation. I already had taken conscience of my want to have fun with children, be their model like I was with Kelly. But this function asks so much more. You have to be responsible for the security of course but not only. You’re responsible for the children’s wellbeing. You got to make sure that they not bowering, that they do many different activities during the day. So for that you got to be organize and creative.

I also have the chance to work in camps; six times at all (for one, two or three weeks). Even if the job can seems similar that in a daycare center, to be leader in a camps is really a different experience. First, you have to take care of the children 24/7. This is really intense because it asks you an anytime attention. In order to live and work, all the time, with the same group like that, require to have a good personality. Team work is very important. You also have to manage your personal time, to be patient and listening as well for children than for co-workers. For my part, it’s a great experience every time! I always have good relationship with the people I work with.
But this is also an amazing way to create bond whether with the children or with the other supervisors. I love the kind of relationship I can have with the children in camps. It’s deeper than in daycare center. There is so many little moments where have the chance to share things that we only can live in places like this. For example, when after shower, all the girls came in the same bedroom to talking about the last gossip, brushing each other their hairs, borrowing stuff or getting ready for the party. Or when I make my good night kisses tour and which well sleep for all of them even those who want to pretend bigger than they are. Or maybe when we all sing and laugh around a fire in camping.

The last two years, I had got the chance to take care of Myriam. She’s a cute little girl of 4years, she was only two the first time I baby sit her. Her mother goes to the nurse school with my sister Eunyse. I use to take care of Mymy when her mother is in stage on the evening. I pick up her at nursery and more recently at school. I prepare and gave her snack. Then we play, go to the park, biking, painting… Thanks to my experiences and also thanks to her dynamism, we got no issues in order to keep busy. She loves dancing, so we often (try to) remake the steps of her favorites songs.

 I would like to try to explain you my motivations and how I am excited about this program. But first lets me tell you with some other things about me.

I’m cheerful and funny. I am a serious and responsible person. I like dancing, going to karaoke or to the bowling and hanging out with my friends. I often watch movies on cinema. Also I love cooking (cooking with the children is really fun too), reading, swimming or just walk during a ballad. Moreover I like shopping, I can wait visit your shops by the way!
After this year in the US, I am not sure yet of what I am going to do but I am thinking about study international economics in view of the fact that I love travel and I want to see others countries.

In 2008, I already think seriously about sharing the life of an American family and take the opportunity to become au pair. I was stopped my economics studies for more than a year. I was worked in full time as supervisor in daycare center and as help in a school. At the time, I was preferred go back to the university and complete my degree. In order to have the resources needed, I had token a job in the week ends and still working with children. I succeed in the last July.
And now I know time is come for me to realize my American dream in coming live with you. I need changes, to see other think, other way of live, other horizons… I need you. And I will be glad to put my experiences, my maturity, my happiness and my creativity at your service. I’ll be glad to help you.

I’m in a hurry to hear from you.

Best Regards.
deedah

Féminin Nombre de messages : 71
Dates de mon séjour : 13 aout 2012
Ville, ETAT : New Rochelle, New York

MessageSujet: ma lettre aux famille   Dim 23 Oct 2011, 4:14 am

Voilà je me lance j'ai ecrit une lettre aux famille, j'aimerai avoir des avis de tout le monde, bonne comme mauvaise ...
Mercii !!

Dear host family,
My name is Linda and I am 24 years. I live in Melun (France) is one hour from Paris. I am currently assistant childcare, I work in a nursery in Paris. I live alone in my apartment for a year. My parents are divorced for almost three years. My father's name is Olive, it is Lao and works as a mechanic. My mom's name is Nisa, she is Thai, she has not worked because she has health problems. I have two brothers, my big brother's name is Simon he was 24, he works in information technology at a bank in Paris and my little brother's name is Heaven, he is 22 years old and is in Paris as dental prosthetist . My big brother has a daughter, her name is Shana, she has 19 months, I love her so much, it amazes me every day and grew up too fast!

I chose the program au pair because I like be in contact with children, I always worked with them, I like playing with them, be full of activities such as drawing, painting, to walking out. I chose the United States because when I preceding travel the country attracted to me a lot. Be an au pair for one year in the United States is very important to me because I will have the opportunity to learn the language, to live directly with an American family, know their cultures will still working with children.

I work in a nursery for nearly three years in Paris, I take care of a group of seven children aged from 9-12 months since they came at the nursery, the youngest name is Ilies, he had nine months and now he has 22 months. The biggest name is Yasmine, she had her three years in January. Now they are between the 22-33 months.
Now they well know speak, to be understood. I like to observe them when they are communicate with each other, to create a role play is very funny to see. And when they help each of them, I think it's great for their age.
Otherwise, I have a niece who is 19 months , which I am keeping some evenings and some weekends too. I am in love of my niece, she is so cute, she begins to speak and running everywhere!
She likes all manual activities such as painting, I think it is good although she discovers a new texture. She likes music and dance. She likes to dance particularly when it means "party's rock anthem" by LMFAO. It is funny!

Now about me ...
I am a responsible person, serious, dynamic listening. I am a person who you can have confidence. I like going to the cinema, bowling with my friends and I like dance (the Zumba). I like listening to music, singing (although I'm not very good to!), shopping, walking around, going to theme parks ...

I am pressed to meet you, to take care of your children and rediscover your country. I would like to realize my dream, to be aupair in the United States with you! I hope that we will spend a great year together. I am so excited to rediscover the United States with you, I hope to hear from you soon.

See you soon !
Linda

Je me suis aider d'un traducteur ...
Dayday

Féminin Nombre de messages : 9
Dates de mon séjour : 9 Janvier 2012
Ville, ETAT : Minneapolis, MN

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Lun 24 Oct 2011, 12:14 am

Bon allez jme lance aussi, jviens de la terminer à l'instant ! Tous les commentaires sont bons à prendre !! Merci d'avance.

Dear Host Family,

My name is Delphine. I’m 24 years old and I live in Lille, in the North of France, not so far to Paris (1h by train). I live with my dad, Daniel (54), technician; my mom, Roselyne (52) who is accounting and administrative manager; my brother Nicolas (21), who has just started his 3rd year in alternation to become a computer network administrator ; and 2 cats (Cookies and Nuts). We have a good relationship and they support me in my choice to go in the USA as an au pair.

I’m also very close to my godson Mattéo (9). And I think that he represents my most important experience with children because I take care of him since he is newborn. So I can see and be there for all steps of his development. I often take care of him, either to assist his mum or by myself when we spend weekends together. We do many activities but he doesn’t like manual activities, so we practise more sports and outdoor activities when the weather is beautiful. At the moment, I’m teaching him to make roller. He also likes when we go to the swimming pool or to the zoo because he loves animals. I’m also in charge to explain him if he doesn’t understand something at school because he says “godmother explains better than you mum”. We have a strong relationship and I’m very happy and proud of it.

I also took care of Matteo’s friend (Yanis (9)) up to one evening a week. I picked him up at school with my own car, helped him to do his homework if he needed, played with him (video games, board games or his toys) and sometimes I prepared the dinner. At the moment, I take care of Paul (8) and Jeanne (11), I pick them up at school, they take their lunch and do their homework. The lunch may take a while because they are very talkative, so we seldom have time to play together because the mum quickly comes back at home.

Few years ago, I passed the BAFA: it is a French diploma which allows me to work like leader in summer camp. So during 3 summers, I also was leader in a summer camp. I took care and liven up children to 3 to 12 years old. We made many activities : manual activities, big games, outings at the swimming pool or in the forest, sports … I really liked these summers because it was real moments of sharing, joy, fun with kids. The most funny was to imagine stories and to dress up in order to introduce big games, to make enter kids in this imaginary universe and to see them adhered at the story during all the game. (Story like “Help Inspector Lepidus to find who has stolen the glasses of Ms White” in the way of a giant Clue or “helps us to find all ingredients in order to the cooker can make his pizza”.) I like organizing theme days in which all activities of the day turn around this theme like a circus day or a navy day … In another area, I also gave courses of school support, mainly mathematics courses, at children aged between 7 and 15 years old for one year. I like teaching new things at kids.

As far as my study, I’m just qualified to a Master of ‘Audit, Control, Consultant’. After passing my Baccalaureate (French diploma which finish the High School), I studied during 3 years mathematics and economy at the university and I passed my Bachelor. Then I chose to study accounting, audit, management control and finance in order to obtain my Master. I alternately made these 2 years, so I worked in a company 3 days a week like management controller and I studied at the university 2 days a week. Now, I use to work in the same company for the same job, my contract have been extended for several months. After this year as an au pair, I want to look for a job like management controller and I would like find a company in which I could use English. When I don’t work or study, I love listening to music, going to the concerts of my favourite singer, reading, going out with my friends, dancing, painting, cooking, watching movies and TV Shows, shopping. I’m patient, mature and very open-minded. I’m always in a good mood. I also can be a little shy in first contact, but when I know people, I don’t.

I want to become an au pair for 3 reasons. First, I love children and I want to spend time with them. Second, I want to discover a new culture, a way of life of an American family, I want to share moments with an American family and broaden my horizon. Third, I want to improve my English and come back in France with knowledge for my professional future. I expect that this year as an au pair will be rich in discover, instructive, and unforgotten. I would like to find a family who consider me like a member of the family and not like just the “nanny” in order to share as more as possible.

Thank you for reading my letter. I hope to hear from you soon !

Best regards,

Delphine
Marinel

Féminin Nombre de messages : 47
Activité actuelle : Etudiante
Dates de mon séjour : Juillet 2013

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 01 Déc 2011, 1:44 pm

Bon bah c'est à mon tour c'est vraiment une ébauche je vous préviens mais bon dites moi déjà ce que vous en pensez en espérant que l'anglais ne soit pas trop catastrophique -_-

Dear Future Host family,

My name is Marine and I’m 19 years old. I live in a little city which called Arras in North of France every week-end and vacancies with my parents, my sister and my brother. But every week I live in other city, Amiens for my studies. My father’s name is Didier, he’s 45 years old and he is commercial. My mother’s name is Francine, she’s 42 and she’s a laboratory technician and every Saturday she works on clothes office. My little sister, Chloé, is 16 and she studies esthetic in specialized school and my brother, Antoine, 16 too, he’s at the high school and he plays to the Rugby. I did the literature High school degree.

About me, last year, I did the literature High school degree. Today, I’m university student in Psychology. I’m patient girl, attentive, smiling and I am open-minded. I am a talkative, and even if at the beginning I’m shy, don’t worry. I love a lot of things, cinema, music, shopping and the principal, photography. I read very much, I love that and I hope that after my travel and my year with you, I will can read English books.

I have different experiences, with my cousins, and other children. I began to be baby-sitter a long time ago, I had to have 12 maybe. I take care of my parent’s friend’s children sometimes when they gone to the restaurant for example, sure we was at them home and the other children was just 3 or 5 years less than me but we began somewhere. And after, I took care of my cousin, Alana and her brother two years later, Mathis. There was too, Timothé, A shy baby but lovely and very active, he like that we game and that I run after him. I take care still today sometimes. There is another boy, Tim, very intelligent children, is 3 years now, I take care when I go at his home, when there are his parent and sometimes when his grandmother can’t to. He want always discover things, that’s funny, “What is that? And that? What it is like that?” One day, his parents was hungry and he cried, he asked why his noise running. I try to find a baby-sitting, here, to Amiens, but it’s a little city and that’s difficult but I hope! When I take care children, I try to game and teach them something, as colors or numbers for the smaller. I like to go out with them, I think that them let off steam and often, they love that.

Why I chose the au pair program? First, because I love to be with children. I like spend time with children, game, watch at them discover the world because I think that they represent the innocence. And I want to improve my English which is very basic. Because I think that’s very important to know speak English today, for works in future and very much things are need to know speak English, and I love this language, I’m proud of me when I will know speak better. And I want in America because I’m dreaming of this country since I’m little. I have dreams, and come to the USA will be first dream that I will realized. So I hope too that I will can visit and discover very places.

Thank you for reading my letter, I hope that it made you want to know more about me and that you like it.

I hope hear and talk you soon,

Marine
http://aupairlife.skyrock.com/
Marionnnnettte
:: STS ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1882

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 01 Déc 2011, 5:53 pm

Marine:

Dear Future Host family,

My name is Marine and I am 19 years old. I live in a little city which called Arras in North of France during week-ends and holidays with my parents, my sister and my brother.
But during weeks, I live in other city, Amiens for my studies. My father’s name is Didier, he is 45 years old and he is commercial. My mother’s name is Francine, she is 42 and she is a laboratory technician and every Saturday she works on clothes office (je suis pas sûr d'avoir bien compris). My little sister, Chloé, is 16 and she studies esthetic in a specialized school. My brother, Antoine is 16 too, he is at high school and he plays Rugby. I did the literature High school degree.

About me, last year, I passed the High school diploma in litterature. Currently, I a university student in Psychology. I’m patient girl, attentive, smiling and I am open-minded. I am a talkative, and even if at the beginning I’m shy, don’t worry. I love a lot of things, cinema, music, shopping and photography. I read very much, I love that and I hope that after my travel and my year with you, I will be able to read English books.

About my childcare experiences, I did several babysittings with my cousins and other children. I began to be baby-sitter a long time ago, I was about 12 years old. I took care of my parent’s friend’s children sometimes when they gone to the restaurant for example, sure we was at them home and the other children was just 3 or 5 years less than me but we began somewhere. (Précise l'âges des enfants, leurs prénoms si tu t'en souviens et les activités que tu faisais avec eux).
And after, I took care of my cousins, Alana and her brother two years later, Mathis. (leurs âges et les activités que tu faisais avec eux etc..).
I also take care of Timothé, A shy baby but lovely and very active, he like that we game and that I run after him. I still take care today sometimes.
I also took care of Tim, very intelligent children, is 3 years now, I take care when I go at his home, when there are his parent and sometimes when his grandmother can’t to (C'est peut être pas très utile de dire ça). He always wanted to discover things, that’s funny, “What is that? And that? What it is like that?” One day, his parents was hungry (were angry??) and he cried, he asked why his noise running (là j'ai pas compris désolée ^^). I try to find baby-sittings, here, in Amiens, but it is a little city and that’s difficult but I hope I could find some! When I take care children, I try to play game and teach them something, as colors or numbers for the younger children I like to go out with them, I think that it is good for them to go out and have fun. Often, they love that.

Why I chose the au pair program? First, because I love to be with children. I like spend time with children, game, watch at them discover the world because I think that they represent the innocence. And I want to improve my English which is very basic. Because I think that’s very important to know speak English today, for works in future and very much things are need to know speak English (???), and I love this language, I will be proud of myself when I will know speak better. And I want in America because I’m dreaming of this country since I’m little. I have dreams, and come to the USA will be first dream that I will realize.

Thank you for reading my letter, I hope that it made you want to know more about me and that you like it.

Marine

>> Je n'ai pas tout corrigé, car la lettre doit malgré tout refléter ton niveau d'anglais.
Evites les contractions "he's"; "I'm" à l'écrit.
Essayes de développer la partie sur ton expérience avec les enfants (voir ce que j'ai écrit en bleu.

Voilà ce que j'ai pu remarqué. J'espère que ça pourra t'aider. :)

¤ ________________ ¤
Ancienne Au pair en Irlande
Marinel

Dates de mon séjour : Juillet 2013

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 01 Déc 2011, 6:05 pm

Merci =)
Et pour les 2 choses que tu n'as pas comprises c'est "magasin de vêtement" et le nez qui coule.

En tout cas merci beaucoup, et oui ca doit refléter mon niveau, j'espère qu'il est pas trop catastrophique quand meme...
http://aupairlife.skyrock.com/
Marionnnnettte

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 01 Déc 2011, 6:18 pm

Magasin de vêtement = clothes shop

Nez qui coule, euh je ne sais pas du tout comment ça se dit désolée

¤ ________________ ¤
mamzellelune
:: Calvin Thomas ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2437
Activité actuelle : prépa CRPE
Dates de mon séjour : 24/08/09 ~ 21/03/11
Ville, ETAT : Waban (Newton) MA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 01 Déc 2011, 7:28 pm

@Marionnnnettte a écrit:
Marine:

Dear Future Host family,

My name is Marine and I am 19 years old. I live in a little city which called Arras in North of France during week-ends and holidays with my parents, my sister and my brother.
But during weeks, I live in other city, Amiens for my studies. My father’s name is Didier, he is 45 years old and he is commercial. My mother’s name is Francine, she is 42 and she is a laboratory technician and every Saturday she works on clothes office (je suis pas sûr d'avoir bien compris). My little sister, Chloé, is 16 and she studies esthetic in a specialized school. My brother, Antoine is 16 too, he is at high school and he plays Rugby. I did the literature High school degree.

About me, last year, I passed the High school diploma in litterature. Currently, I a university student in Psychology. I’m patient girl, attentive, smiling and I am open-minded. I am a talkative, and even if at the beginning I’m shy, don’t worry. I love a lot of things, cinema, music, shopping and photography. I read very much, I love that and I hope that after my travel and my year with you, I will be able to read English books.

About my childcare experiences, I did several babysittings with my cousins and other children. I began to be baby-sitter a long time ago, I was about 12 years old. I took care of my parent’s friend’s children sometimes when they gone to the restaurant for example, sure we was at them home and the other children was just 3 or 5 years less than me but we began somewhere. (Précise l'âges des enfants, leurs prénoms si tu t'en souviens et les activités que tu faisais avec eux).
And after, I took care of my cousins, Alana and her brother two years later, Mathis. (leurs âges et les activités que tu faisais avec eux etc..).
I also take care of Timothé, A shy baby but lovely and very active, he like that we game and that I run after him. I still take care today sometimes.
I also took care of Tim, very intelligent children, is 3 years now, I take care when I go at his home, when there are his parent and sometimes when his grandmother can’t to (C'est peut être pas très utile de dire ça). He always wanted to discover things, that’s funny, “What is that? And that? What it is like that?” One day, his parents was hungry (were angry??) and he cried, he asked why his noise running (là j'ai pas compris désolée ^^). I try to find baby-sittings, here, in Amiens, but it is a little city and that’s difficult but I hope I could find some! When I take care children, I try to play game and teach them something, as colors or numbers for the younger children I like to go out with them, I think that it is good for them to go out and have fun. Often, they love that.

Why I chose the au pair program? First, because I love to be with children. I like spend time with children, game, watch at them discover the world because I think that they represent the innocence. And I want to improve my English which is very basic. Because I think that’s very important to know speak English today, for works in future and very much things are need to know speak English (???), and I love this language, I will be proud of myself when I will know speak better. And I want in America because I’m dreaming of this country since I’m little. I have dreams, and come to the USA will be first dream that I will realize.

Marine

>> Je n'ai pas tout corrigé, car la lettre doit malgré tout refléter ton niveau d'anglais.
Evites les contractions "he's"; "I'm" à l'écrit.
Essayes de développer la partie sur ton expérience avec les enfants (voir ce que j'ai écrit en bleu.

Voilà ce que j'ai pu remarqué. J'espère que ça pourra t'aider. :)

He is commercial ca ne se dit pas trop on dit plutot he is a sales person ou he works in marketing parce que je sais qu'il ne faut pas tout corriger mais là ca risque de faire bizzare aux personnes qui vont lire !
Après fait attention on dit take care of somebody et ca tout le temps, pour jouer le verbe n'est pas game mais play.
Pour avoir le nez qui coule on dit "to have a runny nose"
http://www.follow-me.overblog.net
HeleneB

Activité actuelle : Etudiante en DUT Carrières Juridiques
Dates de mon séjour : 20 Août 2012
Ville, ETAT : Morristown, New Jersey

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 10:58 pm

Bonjour tout le monde,
Dans l'impatience de recevoir ma réponse suite à mon entretien avec Calvin Thomas (3 semaines que j'attend!!!!!!) j'essaye de m'avancer dans mon dossier et j'ai donc élaborer ma lettre pour les familles. Voici donc un aperçu, d'ici là j'aurai peut-être d'autres idées mais si vous pouviez me dire ce que vous en pensez...
Merci :-)

Dear Host Family,

My name is Helene BERRITTO and I am 21 old. I live in Haubourdin, next to Lille, in the north of France.
I have 2 big brothers. They don’t leave any more with my mother and I.
The higher, François, is 31 old. He is a specialized educator, he works with children in difficulties physicals or mentals. He lives with his girlfriend in a city next to mine. They have a baby, Emma, a wonderful little girl whose I am the godmother. I am so proud of that. It is an honor for me.
I have a very close relationship with them.
My second brother, Stephane, is 28 old. He is an assistant of commands. He prepares commands for clients. He also lives with his girlfriend, not far to my house and they have a baby too, Timeo, a little boy.
My parents are separated. I live with my mother but I often see my father. I have kept a good relation with him.
I can speak easily with my parents of my life, my problems and my future. They are always here for me and they support me in my project.
My mother works in administrative job and my father too but next to his job, he is the President of the jurisdiction for problems between employer and employee and he teaches in the University of Right to Lille.
I have a big family, I grew up with lot of cousins and now they have babies whose I take care sometimes.

Concerning my studies, I am in second and final year to get a diploma in legal careers. I am attracted by the law and the social, so, later I would want to work in the young judicial protection.
That’s why after my year au pair I want to do a third year in the university in education science.

I want to work with children since I have been young so when I have done the legal age, I have got the diploma to work with children as a host in outdoor center.
So since summer 2008, each month of August I have the responsibility of children, they are between four and ten old.
During this month, I propose different activities to children such as manuals activities, big game, dance, go to the cinema, to the bowling, to the laser game, to the swimming pool. Also, we spend a day at sea, another day in an attraction parc. We don’t have time to get bored.
I had the opportunity to camping with them, during 3 days each year. It is an important moment between children and I because I spend all day with them so we share all moment together: wake up, meal, activities, evening, night. My role is very important because children are far of their parents so I must be more responsible, reassuring, …
It is a good experience for me, I wait this month each year with impatience.
Next to this work, I babysit. I was an official baby sitter from September 2009 to February 2010 of Lison 3 old, Colin 6 old and Timothée 9 old. They are 3 adorable children. Together we play board games, video games, we watch TV for tender moments, we play with their dog.
I ever kept 2 brother and sister of 2 and 6 old (Augustin and Capucine), once a baby of 1 old and another time, 3 brother and sister, Romain, 13 old, Margaux, 10 old Maxence, 3 old.
Also, I took care of the daughter of a friend from birth to her two and a half years. Her name is Izzy, she is a wonderful little girl so resourceful. I could see her grow, participated in major steps of her life such as her first steps, stop layers, her first teeth. I was as an auntie for her.
With Izzy we went to the parc, in playgroung with slides and swings, we did cycle, we drew, we dance. Sometimes, I had to drive her in nursery, so I had to wake up her, wash her, dress her, gave breakfast. Her mum really trusts me.
In addition of babysitting, sometimes I take care of my little cousin, Rayane, since he was born. Now he is 8 old.
I love children, they enjoy my life, I like taking care of them, see them smile, laugh, evolve. I like learn them something. I like them natural, spontaneity.
I will propose activities such as drawing, walk, cycle, cooking, dancing, manuals activities, go to a playground, go to the swimming pool, to the cinema, bowling.

Concerning me, I am a sporty girl. I like sport, I have practice athletics during 10 years and now I practice fitness, dance, swimming pool, cycle. Sport is important for body but for spirit too.
Next to sport, I like go to the cinema, walk around, spend time with my family, take care of my niece, my little cousin and spend time with my friends.
I have many friends who come from different backgrounds as sport, school (middle school, high school, university). So they have a different personality, it is very interesting because I can speak about everything with them.
Together, we go to shopping, go to the cinema, go to sport, eating at restaurant, go to clubbing.
My friends are very important for me, we speak of our problems, successes. We are always here for each other.
I like animals, pets, I had a dog during 13 years. So it is not a problem if you are a pet, I will be happy even if you have one.

I am responsible, serious and dynamic person. I have an easy adaptation in a group, I have a good feeling with children. I am a funny girl, I like to making people laugh.

I want to become an au pair because I love children, I want to work near to them so it will be a veritable experience for me. I want to discovered the USA and learn the English language.
To be au pair it’s the perfect adventure to link my love with children and my desire to have a good level in English language.
Also, I want to share the life of family’s American, discover a new culture, another way to live.
I like the adventure and the USA is like a legend, it is a big state so it is a dream to visit this country.
I want to do a break with my studies and it’s the best moment for me to leave.

Thank you to reading my letter.
I hope to hear you soon.

Best regards,
Helene.
mamzellelune

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:19 pm

Ta lettre est pas mal du tout !
Sans corriger tout le frère ainé se dit : the eldest.
Fais attention tu dis "I don't mind if you are a pet" alors peut etre que la famille a beaucoup d'humour mais si tu commences à les prendre pour des animaux de compagnie jsuis pas sure qu'ils te veuillent :p (are=be=être).
Je n'ai pas compris my father teach at the university of rights ? Tu veux pas plutot dire Law School ?
Sinon la description de tes activités avec les gamins est plutot chouette.

Ah et une derniere chose tu peux pas dire USA is a big state vu que ce sont 50 états et pas un seul mais tu peux dire a big country !
HeleneB

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:29 pm

Ah oui effectivement, j'ai mis "are" plutot que "have" ^^
Et pour mon pere je voulais dire qu'il enseigne l'université de Droit de Lille donc j'ai traduit mot à mot mais "Law School" leur sera surement plus compréhensible.

Merci pour ton retour et les corrections en tout cas :-)
dominours

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:31 pm

Elle est bien ta lettre. Attention cependant quand tu dis l'age de quelqu'un: to be X YEARS old ou to be X. Tu as à chaque fois mis to be X old.
HeleneB

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:32 pm

Ah bah justement je me demande toujours ce qu'il faut mettre. J'hésite toujours entre years et old mais apparemment il faut mettre les deux.
Mtn au moins je suis fixée :-)

Merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
dominours

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:35 pm

Voilà, soit tu mets rien, soit tu mets les deux. Par contre du coup quand tu parlesde l'âge d'un bébé en mois tu es obligée de dire to be X months old sinon on croira que tu parles en années.

Et aussi: the life of family’s American veut dire "la vie d'un américain de famille" tu as inversé le sujet et l'adjectif: the life of an American family, l'adjectif est toujours placé avnt le sujet.
mamzellelune

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:38 pm

En fait Droit se dit toujours Law en anglais quand on parle de la matière, Rights ce sont les droits de chacun par exemple les legal rights ou tu as le droit de faire cela you have the right to do that et droite se dit aussi right (contraire left).
Il reste des fautes mais on ne peut pas tout te corriger afin que ta lettre soit la plus représentative possible (les familles ne s'attendent pas à avoir une lettre parfaite entre les mains)
HeleneB

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:40 pm

Très bien, je corrige tout ça :-)
Oui je me doute qu'il reste des fautes mais dans l'ensemble elle est compréhensible? Et c'est des grosses grosses fautes ou cela peut passer pour une famille?
dominours

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:42 pm

Non, non tout est compréhensible!! T'inquiète pas. De toute manière, s'il y a d'autres grosses choses à corriger, ton agence reviendra vers toi.
HeleneB

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:45 pm

D'accord!
Bon et bien merci encore les filles! Au moins une chose de faite pour le dossier (mais la plus facile =()

mamzellelune

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 03 Avr 2012, 11:47 pm

Justement on te laisse les petites choses, ce qui reste compréhensible je pense que le plus important à corriger à été dit. Courage pour le reste, de mon temps on avait pas besoin de vidéo lol. Et puis ils devraient revenir vers toi bientot !
Gaelle95-94

Féminin Nombre de messages : 78
Activité actuelle : étudiante
Dates de mon séjour : 29 octobre 2012
Ville, ETAT : Mansfield, MA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 12 Avr 2012, 10:17 pm

bon bah à mon tour, je ne sais pas si je parle assez de moi, dites moi ce que vous en pensez :

Dear host family,

My name is Gaëlle, I am 22 years old (23 years old in August) and I live near to Paris. I have finished my master of human resources and now I am in internship to recognize my master.
If I am writing this letter, it is for become your au pair for a wonderful year with a fabulous family. I want become au pair because I like children, I wish discover your culture and your country but also for show to my parents my independence, develop my adaptation faculties and have a break between my studies and my career.
In my family we are 4 : my parents and my brother-twin. With my twin, we are very different (physically and mentally) but we enjoy to have crazy laugh and to tease between us. My family, it is also my uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents… All occasion good for a big moment together. For example, for Easter a big part of my family (38 persons) came to my home for share a family day. I love my family because everyone is special and funny.
About my boyfriend, don’t worry, he supports me for this experience and he thinks that it is an opportunity for me and for my career. Him and I have totally confident in other and we think one year is nothing comparing to the entire life, so we have all the time for us.
I really think I would be a good au pair because I like to take care of children and make them happy. I have experience in babysitting, holiday camp but also in teaching swimming. My first babysitting was my cousin Lorenzo he was baby. So I changed his nappy, I gave him his bottle, I played with him, I walk with him, I consoled him and I lulled him to sleep.
Three years ago, during my holidays in Guadeloupe, I take care of my cousin Kecylia. She was 4 years old and her parents stayed in Paris. So I was like an au pair. I washed her and learned to shower by herself (I don’t leave her for the shower but just try to help her to grow up). I chose her clothes with her and I dressed, I took her in my arms when she wanted a hug and she was tired, I supervised at the beach ... when she returned from holidays, the first thing she told her parents was "Gaelle taught me to take a shower alone, I'm a big girl now". I admit I was very proud.
I babysit Kylian and Maëlle. They are the children of my director of holiday camp but also my coach. During my first camp, Kylian was 2 years old and Maëlle less one year old. Generally, I babysat Kylian for play in the park and after the nap for go to the swimming pool. I remember I walked with Maëlle in her stroller for she sleeps. This kids really adore me because even if his parents are here she wants I take care of them.
Also particularly this year I babysat Chahine. He is 3 years old almost 4 years old. I met his mother in September. I often babysit him on night.
Finally, I babysit Liam, Sacha and Noah. Liam and Sacha are twins they are 2 years old and their brother Noah is 3 years old. Their parents are friends of a friend. Sometimes I washed them and gave the dinner then I lull them to sleep. Moreover, other times I gave the dinner then lull them to sleep.
I also worked in holiday camp. The first time was as lifeguard so I prepared aquatic activities for children but also for take care of Kylian and the second time for take care of Maëlle. I was not camp counselor but I often integrated the group of children aged 3 until 5 years old. I had my best moment with children because they organized my birthday. A part pick flowers, other made cakes, drawings… and they have all written on a banner. It was so nice.
During 4 years, I taught swimming to child aged 4 or 5 years old until 14 years old. You need to be very patient and calm because children don’t understand or don’t listen instructions. However, you also need to correct their movement.
All experience allows me to develop skills for working with children like responsible, patient, soft with authority, but I think that is not enough for become your au pair. In fact, I have my drive license since 4 years in June. I drive every day on every type on road and weather. Moreover, I am very comfortable to drive with children in car even babies. I also can take care of children at swimming pool and why not teach them swimming.
About activities, I love cooking, invent recipe but also try new recipe, and I would like cooking with children. I also would like to make creative activities like create own little book with drawing, collage and imagine the text. I would like to do visits to zoo, aquarium, fun park, swimming pool, beach… Moreover, for no repeat always the same activities I will buy book activities but also consider the proposition of children.
I am very motivated and I hope find a family with who share our culture, friendly moments, traditional festivities and a mutual confident. Moreover, when I begin a project I always finish it and I ensure you that you can have confidence in me, I hope never disappoint you.
To conclude, I want become your au pair for help you and live a great experience before to begin my career in human resources in France. I would take care of your children as if they are my own kids and my first objective is make them happy and help them to grow up in the best circumstances.
By hopping have a contact with you, I say you: see you soon.
Best regards,
Gaëlle
Kathleen-Ingrid

Féminin Nombre de messages : 41
Activité actuelle : Lycéenne

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 14 Avr 2012, 3:26 pm

Moi je souhaite être au pair dès 2013 et j'ai commencé à faire ma lettre pour les parents.
Je suis ouverte à toute critique, toute seule je n'y arriverai pas trop je pense bien.

Dear Host Family,

Hello! My name is Ingrid, exactly this is Ingrid Kathleen Betty (I’m three First name, one culture of the French people) and if you don’t manage to pronounce Ingrid say Kathleen.

I was born in France, I’m eighteen years old and I’m a girl black skin, brown eyes, brown dark hairs and I am tall.
I think I’m cool, little crazy, easy live and open minded.
I like dance, sing, read science fiction and fantastic novel, my friends, my family, discover new things amazing, do shopping,

I don’t like any activities being practised with a ball except the Baseball, Basketball, Golf and American football (even if I don’t know about it much for the moment)
I’ve got two brothers thirty and sixteen years old and a sister of thirty one years old. I live at mother’s place with my little brother.
My mother work at Hospital, she's nurse's aide
Marionnnnettte

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 14 Avr 2012, 3:44 pm

euh il manquerai pas une partie de ta lettre?

@ Gaelle94-95 : Ta lettre est bien. :)

¤ ________________ ¤
Kathleen-Ingrid

Féminin Nombre de messages : 41
Activité actuelle : Lycéenne

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 14 Avr 2012, 4:20 pm

@Marionnnnettte a écrit:
euh il manquerai pas une partie de ta lettre?

@ Gaelle94-95 : Ta lettre est bien. :)

Oui il manque plein de partie importante à ma lettre mais j'ai fais un début là.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Aujourd'hui à 3:05 am

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 12 sur 15Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Suivant