[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Suivant
AuteurMessage
[mélody]
:: Au pair care ::
:: Au pair care ::

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Mar 12 Jan 2010, 5:34 pm

Bon à mon tour de poster ma lettre, j'aimerai bien avoir vos avis s'il manque quelques chose ou pas. J'ai longtemps regardé les posts pour ne rien oublier mais bon je ne suis jamais sure de moi lol!
J'aimerai juste aussi savoir s'il y a des phrases incompréhensible, on ne sait jamais
Par exemple en ce qui concerne les heures américaines si c'est bien comme ca que l'on dit .. enfin voila! Merci :)

Hello Future Host Family !

My name is Melody, I am 21 years old. I live in Montigny, a town situated near to Paris. I have lived in Montigny since 15 years, with my parents and my two little brothers. My father works on RATP , public transport company. My mother works at home, she is caretaker. By her job, she has always been with us, has always been available as a stay-at-home mother. My little brothers, Romain and Quentin, are at high-school. My parents have taught us values that are important to me like tolerance, respect, sense of responsibility. They support me in my decision. They think that it is a good opportunity to do what I like (be with children) and a opportunity to discover another world, another culture, another people.

Mainly, I want to be an au pair because I love children. I have always been with them : my little brothers, my little cousins, et other children. I am godmother twice : Louis (5 years old today) and Daphney (2 years old today). By this present, I think that my family knows how much I love children. I like spending time with them, I have a special relation with them.

I have always been baby-sitter. Actually, I take care of two little boy : Theo is 3 years old and Titouan is 6 month. I started to baby-sit them, twice a week during approximately 3 hours, on September at the start of the new school year. I pick Theo up at school at 4.30 pm and we go to his house. During an hour and half, I give him his snack, we speak of his day at school. I take advantage of playing with him (he love playing with pirate game), putting and playing with fancy dress, or coloring, or teaching him nursery rhymes. When the weather is beautiful, we going to play at park. At 6pm, we pick Titouan up at nurse and at home. Few days before Christmas, after the nurse, Theo, Titouan and I have been see the Christmas house decorating. It is my favorite memory of him, he was so marveling at those view, this scene was magic. I bath Titouan and Theo, it is calm moment where I can speak and where I can play with them. After that, if the parents did not go back home, I cook and feed children.
I have baby-sited Tanguy (5/7 years old), and the twins _ Gabriel and Charlotte_ (8 month/ 3 years old) since 2 years. Their father have always traveled for his work, so, their mother asked me help. I baby-sited the twins when their mother wanted to spend time with Tanguy because it is a little boy who ask a lot of attention by his mother. With the twins, we used to play together, inside or outside. We used to do manual activities, for example, For the Mother’s Day, we have done a present : It was children handprint in salt dough modeling. We decorate it by painting, with sequin. This children love stories, every time I saw them, I used to read them a lot of stories. I love when children are happy, so I adapt myself to activities which they like doing.
I helped their mother too by feeding them, by bathing them and taking care of them. Now, I am their occasional baby-sitter because the twins go to school.

When I am not with children, I spend time at different activities.
Indeed, I like reading novels (cultural, historic or love novels). I take a lot of photo and I like creating scrapbooking album.
I have a passion for scrapbooking and cinema. I like going to the cinema, I like all of type of film. I am calm and gentle, so I prefer tranquil activities than sportive activities. I like being with my friends.
I practice a short while for sport but I like doing Yoga or aerobic. Sometimes, I run and I go to the swimming pool. I swim very well and I like this.
I started university 3 year ago. I am studying Management and accountancy. This year I will complete university. After being au pair, I would like to continue my studies (Marketing or Accountancy). This year will permit me to think about a specialization. Becoming au pair will permit me to improve my English and ameliorate my accent! Nowadays, It is an personal enrichment and it is important on business to known communicate with outsider.

I want to be an au pair because I would like discovering your culture. It is a dream for me to become a part of your family. I am easy going, affectionate and funny. I am looking for a family who want me like a friend and not only as employee. I am curious, understanding and talkative. I am a little bit shy, but I really want do your acquaintance and to become integrated into your family. I want to learn something about the American Culture and spend time with you and your children. I would like teaching you some French words, French customs at the same time.
I like travelling but I have never gone to the united states. It is my dream to visit this continent, to meet people and see different things. For my childhood, I have gone my holidays in summer camp. It lasts approximately 1 month. By this summer camp, I have learnt solidarity, autonomous, responsible and the importance to share with this other, to not be selfish. I like very much meting people. During this camp, I visited all France and the Europe (Croatia, Greece, Ireland, England, Crete).

I thank you sincerely for reading my letter and I hope to hear from you soon,

Best regards,

Mélody Dupont.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Emilie04
:: STS ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1438
Activité actuelle : LLCE Anglais + Représentante APC côte d'Azur
Dates de mon séjour : Seattle : 30 Août 2010 - 30 août 2011
Toronto : 1 Mai 2012 - 30 Août 2012

Ville, ETAT : Seattle, Wa
Toronto, ON

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 21 Jan 2010, 11:11 pm

Voici la nouvelle version de la mienne ! Voilà ! J'espère que ce sera pas trop long !

♦ Dear host family ♦
♦ Hi ! I„m Emilie, I‟m 18 and I am looking forward to the best year of my life as an au pair ! I was born on Manosque, in the south East of France, situated at 1 hour to the sea and at 1 hour to the mountain. Since I started my studies at the University in Applied Languages, I live in my own apartment in Aix-en-Provence. To me, it was the first time I had to leave home but I adapted quickly and easily as I met new friends and enjoyed my “new life”.
♦ I am joyful, and my parents say that my first quality is to be patient, but first of all, I am a very motivated and determine person. Also, I am very talkative and I love laughing and make people laugh ! I like things to be in order and I enjoy life !
♦ My mother, Sylvette, is 58, she stopped working to raise me up. She used to look after children and I grew up seeing her and helping her when I was older ! As she looked after my two neighbours for 17 years, I learned a lot with her and shared a lot with those children. My father Jean-Charles, was a plumber, but he had a work-accident 10 years ago, so he can‟t work anymore. I have two wonderful sisters : Sandrine (25) and Nathalie (28). Sandrine is a computer graphics artist; she taught me a lot of things ! Nathalie is a teacher (in first grade) and we are sharing this passion for children together. I love coming in her classroom and imagine the same place with a lot of excited children! She is also my Godmother, and we are very close. My family is very important to me, they gave me everything in order to me being the happiest and I am thankful for that. I really care about my relationship with them, and I think it is time to me, to discover new things, and to live this experience, that‟s why they are supporting me !
♦ In my spare time, I love to dance; I‟ve been practicing it since I was 3, and for 5 years I participated in aerobic competitions! I also love cooking, swimming, playing, travelling, reading, writing… I read English books as the Harry Potter series, or the Obama autobiography. That is because I am interested in politics, I love sharing opinions and I am very open minded about this subject.
Also, I actually love camping ! Moreover, I dare telling you that I love American series, I am a big fan of Lost ! (I am what could be called a series addict !)
I would like to share those passions and my culture with your children, to make them discovering another different part of the world.
♦ At school, I did the Literary baccalauréat (French High School diploma). After my au pair year in the USA I would like to continue my studies spending a year in Italy and a year in another English speaking country; then I would like to work as a teacher in the USA, I wait for my studies to guide me in this choice. I have my driver licence, I am very careful and prudent and I know that driving children is a responsability and that I need to be very careful, I drive since I am 16 and I absolutly love it ! I also have my BAFA (diploma for youth leaders and workers) and my PSC1 (Certificate of formation in the first aids).
♦ I really love to be with children and to play with them! I took care of a little boy, Charles, he was 12 months the first time. He is a lovely boy, really affective ! I think he loves my hair because he‟s always playing with it !! I truly love babies and children of this age, they are just so naturals and amazed by everything, so curious about the world and each little thing inside!
Then, I looked after my little neighbour who is 5 years old; but he and her mother moved on a few months ago. He is named Andy and he is very active ! He loves to play sport and he loves animals so I was used to take him biking in our neighbourhood to see horses and asses!
I also took care of my parent‟s friend‟s baby ! Stessy was 6months the first time! she is a very calm and lovely girl ! Recently, I met for the first time my cousin‟s son, Tom, he is early 24 months and in despite of Stessy, he is very asset ! He has a very good memory and love repeating words that he hears ! I suggested my cousin to tell him foreigner words !
This year, I am taking care of three children : Clémence (9), Quentin (7) and Charlotte (3). I help Clémence and Quentin for their homeworks and we talk a lot and play too ! But Charlotte is younger so I give her a snack and give her a bath (she loves to splash me !) and
then when do a lot of things : I read her books, we watch Dora the explorer (she knows each episode !) or Finding nemo or Harry Potter, we play together (A lot of games because she always change her mind!) … and we prepare the table dinner for their parents and sometimes I cook for them!
Then, I made an internship in a nursery school during a whole week ! And I loved it so much ! Each day, I was in a different class. My “job” (to me, it wasn‟t a job !) was to welcome children on morning, then I had to take care of the half of the class (15 children on average) and to do activities :painting, drawing, colouring … At the lunch time, I was helping them and watching them; after that they had a nap and then we were going back to activities ! I remember that a little boy of 3 had asked me to make him a draw with plasticine and then all the children of the table asked me to do the same ! Another remember that I will never forget : I was in the playground watching the children, and a shiny girl came to me and told me “ teacher, my boyfriend told me he wasn‟t loving me anymore “. She was so cute !
Last year, I did tutoring with my high school ! I helped a boy of 15 with his homeworks, he had some difficulties in French, English, Italian. So I was helping him 2 times a week during 2 hours. I loved teaching him what I knew and I realized that I had some satisfaction about myself at the end of the year when he succeeded in going into the superior class and when he thanked me!
On February and April I will do another internship in a children's outdoor activity center ! I‟m so impatient, everyone tells me that I will have a lot of fun with those children and learn a lot about children of different age!
I‟ve already been in host families, one in Czech Republic during 10 days and one in London on February during a week!
Concerning your family and your children, I would love to share a lot with children and you , I absolutely respect the education you decided to give to your children as I am aware that the french education and the american one is different!
♦ I love children and I believe that even a baby can feel whether we enjoy being with him or not. Being an au pair is my project and my dream for 4 years, I talked with a lot of US au pair and they gave me this want to live this experience too. So this is a thought decision and there is no doubts that I want to spend this year (maybe more ?!) as an au pair in the USA. I expect this experience to teach me more and more about different children, to met people from all over the world, to improve my language and to live the “American dream”, to discover the American way of life. The United States are a country that impresses and fascinates me. I think that this experience will be an opportunity, as for me, as for your family ! I believe I have the capacity to be a good au pair because on one hand I still have my child soul and I always try to understand children, to understand the way they are acting and to try to make them feel the best possible, and on another hand, I am responsible and take decisions when I need to.
♦ So I hope you liked my letter.
I look forward to hearing from you !
Best regards
Emilie ♥
missju33
:: Cultural Care ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 4
Ville, ETAT : miami, floride

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 12 Fév 2010, 3:50 pm

coucou,

a mon tour d'essayer alors!!!!c'est vraiment un brouillon donc soyez indulgente Embarassed

Dear Host Family,

It's time for me to write my letter, I hope you will be interest for meet me because I'm really motive! So, let's go.....

My name is Justine and I'm 21 years old. I live in South West of France, in city called Arcachon, located to 40 min to Bordeaux. The place were I live is soooo wonderful. There are a lot of things to do, specially in summer. We have sun, sea ,shop,.....
I live with my mother and my big brother. My parents divorced when I was a little girl. But it's not a problem because if my father don't live with us, he's very present for us and we can see him when we want.
I've grow up in house with my neighbors who was my uncles, my aunts, my cousins,... I spent a lot of time with them. My family is really importante for me.
I enjoy live with my mother and my brother. My mum, her name is Odile and she is nurse for old people, a hard job in my mind. And my brother Aurelien he's 25 years old and he's military. We are really near. He always take care of me. Even if, sometimes he make me in anger I know he is just to protector with me. In next April he will have his own house with his girlfriend, she is very nice and I'm glad to see my brother happy.

Now, more about me..... I'm dynamic, open-minded and patient. I must recogniz, I'm talkative but don't worry I knowx when I must stop to talk and also I'm little shy at the beginning.
I love a lot of different things like, spend time with my friends for shopping, go to the cinema, listening music, dancing, taking photos of everythings and cooking ( a delicious french speciality!)

When I take care of childrens, we love cook specially when the weather is bad and we can't go out. They love makes cake. it's very funny for them to breaking some eggs, use flour, melt chocolate.....
I love take care of them. For me it's not a job it's just a pleasure.
The first little boy who I had take care is Jules. At first he had just 2 years old and now 4 since December ( He invited me to his birthday's Party! He's so cute!!!) . When I'm with him, he like when, just before the time to sleep, I read him a story. He say he love how I read... I don't know why but he's so cute when he say that! And I must say I love this moment with him too.
Like his mother have see I'm a "great nany" (like she say), she's said that to her sister, and she called me for ask If I"m ok for take care of her daughter too, Mila 5 years old. So after this moment, I take care sometimes Jules, sometimes Mila, and sometimes both!
In this moment , I take care to another little boy and it's funny because he had 4 years old and he's name is Jules too!!! He is a dynamic little boy, and really talkative but he's so nice!

Well, If I have choose the au pair program it's because I've always dream to live with a real american family for learn their culture, speak english too, and because I love spend time with childrens . I thinks it's the best things to do for do the both. An Excpetional Oportunity for me!!!

I hope you like my letter and if you want know more about me, my life, my motivation or other things, don't hesitate. I would be very happy to answer you.

Best regards.
Justine
hideandseek

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1023
Activité actuelle : Etudiante VPT
Dates de mon séjour : 19/08/13 - 19/09/15
Ville, ETAT : Livonia, MI
Arlington, VA
Piedmont, CA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 12 Fév 2010, 11:14 pm

It's time for me to write my letter, I hope you will be interest for meet me because I'm really motive! So, let's go.....
> J'aurai plus mis I hope (that) you will be interested to know more about me. I'm really motivated!

Le it's time ... donne une impression que ta lettre est une corvée dont il faut se débarrasser (enfin ce n'est que mon avis ^^). Par contre la formule que je te propose je la mettrai davantage en fin de lettre Wink

My name is Justine and I'm 21 years old. I live in South West of France, in a city called Arcachon, from 40 min of Bordeaux. The place were I live is soooo wonderful. There are a lot of things to do, specially in summer. We have sun, sea ,shops,.....
I live with my mother and my big brother. My parents divorced when I was a little girl. But it's not a problem because even if my father don't live with us, he's very present for us and we can see him when we want.
I've grown up in a house where my neighbors were my uncles, my aunts, my cousins,... I spent a lot of time with them. My family is really important for me.
I enjoy living with my mother and my brother. Her name is Odile and she is nurse for old people, a hard job in my mind. And my brother Aurelien is 25 years old and he's military. We are really close. He always take care of me. Even if, sometimes he makes me angry I know he just wants to protect me. In next April he will have his own house with his girlfriend, she is very nice and I'm glad to see my brother happy.

> Voilà pour le début. Je ne garantie pas n'avoir laissé passer aucune faute. Je pense avoir corrigé correctement, après quelqu'un qui parle mieux anglais que moi te trouvera peut être de meilleures formules.
http://repeataupair.wordpress.com
tortue_marine

Féminin Nombre de messages : 15
Dates de mon séjour : 23.08.10 - 23.08.11
Ville, ETAT : Campbell, CA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 04 Mar 2010, 8:16 pm

Bonjourr tout le monde! Voilà voilà je tente ma chance avec la mienne ^^!

Oh yeah! lol alors la voilà! ^^

"Dear Host Family,

My name is Marine and i'm 21 year old. I live in the north of France with my family. I have one sister, her name is Iris, she's 13 year old. I have two brothers : Mathieu who is 25 year old and Valentin who is 18 year old.
I'm playing Basketball since i'm 5, i like to be with my friends, going to the cinema, do shopping, watching some tv shows and of course spend time with my family.

Family is essential for me, the links that I have with them are very strongs. My Mum is always home because she doesn't work anymore contrary to my dad who is pretty busy.
Now came the time for me to escape from this "cocoon" and to make my dream come true...But why choosing this program "Au Pair"? Simply because it combines my envy to travel and my interest for children. Indeed, since i'm 15 i work regulary with children and the more the time goes on, the more i take pleasure in it!

During the summer when i take some holidays on campsite, i use to take care of children, bring them to beach and take care of them on evening when the parents are going out. We played a lot of games like ping-pong, hide and seek, water battles, Uno... The year of my 16 i've been a basketball trainer for a month because i was replace someone, i was with kids who were between 5 and 12 years old. I have so much fun with them, they are so unpredictable! It was a wonderful experience, i learned patience and it was very enriching. I really love to get some responsabilities and become more and more mature.

I have great relations with my little sister, when she was a little girl i used to read her some stories, to play with her, sing with her and dancing. But now she's growing up so we're talking a lot. When's she home with her friends i like to play karaoke with hers.

Going to the USA is my dream. I would like to improve my english, live in a American Family in order to live like them, discover a new country, a new culture, meet some people. Just the idea of you reading me, I'm so exited and I can't wait meeting you!

Best Regards, see you soon!

Marine"
Emilie04

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1438
Activité actuelle : LLCE Anglais + Représentante APC côte d'Azur
Dates de mon séjour : Seattle : 30 Août 2010 - 30 août 2011
Toronto : 1 Mai 2012 - 30 Août 2012

Ville, ETAT : Seattle, Wa
Toronto, ON

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 04 Mar 2010, 9:51 pm

J'aime bien ta lettre ! Tu parles bien de ce que tu aimes (apparement le basket ^^), la famille et tout ! Par contre tu ne parles pas du tout de tes études, on sait pas ce que tu fais dans la vie ! Et je trouve personnellement (à ne pas prendre comme cuit, tant je me trompe!) que tu ne parles pas assez des enfants, je veux dire tu pourrais ajouter une petite anecdote ou donner des noms, ages d'enfants qui permettrait aux familles de vraiment te situer tu vois ?
Sinon je trouve qu'il ne manque rien, si ce n'est ce que tu voudrais faire comme métier peut-être ?

Voilà !
tortue_marine

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Jeu 04 Mar 2010, 9:53 pm

Merci beaucoup! J'ai reçu quelques conseils par MP aussi, j'avais peur que ça fasse trop long et je suis justement en train de rajouter les expériences Baby sitting et autres, je fais tout ça et je vous reposte tout ça dans la semaine parce qu'avec les horaires de BTS je dois dire que je n'ai malheureusement pas toujours le temps =(.

Merci beaucoup à bientôt bonne soirée!
Boulala
:: Calvin Thomas ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 31
Activité actuelle : BTS Production graphique
Dates de mon séjour : Depuis le 23 Août 2010

Ville, ETAT : Oak Hill près de Washington DC - Virginie

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 06 Mar 2010, 12:26 am

Bonjour,
Vous allez peut être me prendre pour une nase lol mais quand ils disent "double interligne" celà veut dire qu'il faut sauter à chaque fois une ligne ?

Merci d'avance :)
gaffs

Masculin Nombre de messages : 82
Dates de mon séjour : 9 Août 2010-Septembre 2011
Ville, ETAT : Concord, MASSACHUSSETS (20 miles à l'Ouest de Boston)

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 06 Mar 2010, 12:34 am

interligne simple :
blabla
blabla

interligne double :
blabla

blabla

----
Dans Word tu y accède par format => Paragraphe => Onglet Retrait et espace => zone espacement. C'est important de passer par les paramètres de Word, parce qu'en sautant deux lignes tu n'arriveras pas au même résultat. Mais personnelement pour la mienne,je n'ai pas réellement pris en compte du changement sur word...
voili voilou s apeut te donner une idée !! Laughing
Boulala

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 06 Mar 2010, 12:44 am

Je travail pas sous word moi :s
Je vais me débrouiller.
Merci beaucoup :)
Boulala

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 06 Mar 2010, 1:58 am

A mon tour de poster ma lettre !
N'hésitez pas sur les critiques Wink Je pense qu'elle est un peu longue !

Dear Host Family,

My name is Amandine, I have twenty three years old. I live Chessy, near Lyon (south est of France). It’s a small town. I live with my parents. I’m an sandwich school (school and work) on arts graphic. Actually, I preparing a HNC. I have on sister who is older than me (29 years old). She is a sall assistant. She lives Grenoble (130 kilometers of Chessy). My sister is my confident, she is very funny. My mother is an employee an electronic field and my father is a team leader on public works. I’m close to my familly and they respect my choice. They think it’s the best undertaking what I do. My familly maintain that me in my decision to go on USA as an au pair girl.

I've choosed the au pair’s program because I love to be with children. Children are very important for me and I am enjoying taking care of them. I like playing with them, drawing, doing manual activities and lot of other things. And I have always wanted to have a little sister or brother to look after her and take care over. I would like life with an American family and sharing a lot of thing.

About me, I’m a girl responsable, independant, honest, creative and mature. My friend and my familly considere me that a very good girl because i’m smilling all the time, i’m honnest and i am a person of trust. I like very much the sports tha dance, gymnastic. With my friends we often play team to entertain ourselves (avec mes amis nous jouons souvent à des sports d’équipes pour nous divertir). After my High School degree, I continue my studies with a HNC on the arts graphic on sandwich school. I hesitate to open my own shop (shop of manuel activities) or to continue my studies. I have the time to decide this decision.
In my spare time, I take photos of Lyon (it’s a very beautiful city with a lot of monuments, museum), I go to visit the expositions, cooking for my familly and my friends. I reading, walking, cycling, swimming.
I like to look the series and movies on VOSTFR. I like painting (i do oil painting and watercolour), drawing. I like shopping, go to the cinema with my friend, cokkin at the restaurant, playing bowling and sports.

I want to be an aupair un US beacause i want to descover an other country with an other culture. I love travel and learn the new things. I really want to speak english fluently. It’s very important for the future life.

At 16 years old, i practised the stage on a maternity hospital during one week. It was a rewarding experience. (je faisais prendre le bain au bébé et j’amenais les repas à la maman et le bébé et j’essayais d’être présente un maximum).

I looked after two brothers of three and six years old. They are son’s baker (fils de boulanger). My hourly was 7 am to 1 pm. Generally, they had take the breakfast. I dressed them and later we made activities various. Drawing, painting, parlour games but generally, we played outside in the park or in their garden. The winter, we made competitions of battles of bowls of snows. It was very strong and they were very funny. We went walking and biking.(ballade à pied et vélos).
I take care of siblings 9 hours for days, Paloma and Matéo (three and seven years old). It’s my neighbours. I prepared breakfast and lunch. We looking a cartoon, playing the swing, slide. We played hide-and-seek on their house. But the part of time, we stay outside. We played with us other neighbours (children) so we looked after them. We played football, bick.

Since 2008, I also looked after my friend sister’s children, two sisters, Viollette (actually 3 years) and Clémentine (actually 6 years). I take care of their two at six days at months. It’s girls extraordinary because they smile all the time,they are very open for their age. We do lot of activities. We cooking together. They are very funny at looking on the kitchen (elles sont très marrante à regarder cuisiner). The smallest breaks eggs and turns preparation and the biggest help me to put in dishes . Generally, we doing cakes, cookies, madeleines. We play at the parlour games, video games with Clémentine (wii and guitar heroes) she is very strong at the guitar. I make they have the bath. I stay with her during the bath for theirr security and I play with their. When weather is nice, we are going to go for a walk and pick flowers for their mum or their grand-mothers.
From time to time, I am going to search Clementine in the stop of his buses after the school. The summer, we swimming together on their swimming pool. I will take care as far as my departure.

All this childrens shall remain engrave in my heart. the children and their well-being are very important for me.

I hope with this letter you can know me a little and you can imagine me in your family. I can't wait to be your aupair and learn about you and your children.

Best regards.
gaffs

Masculin Nombre de messages : 82
Dates de mon séjour : 9 Août 2010-Septembre 2011
Ville, ETAT : Concord, MASSACHUSSETS (20 miles à l'Ouest de Boston)

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 06 Mar 2010, 2:24 am

Je l'ai trouvé très bien dès la première lecture, paragraphe bien découpé, beaucoup de choses énoncées, bonne syntaxe anglaise. Bien bien !!! Peut être l'avant dernier paragraphe à raccourcir, je l'ai trouvé un peu long, tu expliques déjà pas mal ton expérience antérieure avec les enfants, donc à mon point de vue juste sa à réduire mais pas de beaucoup, la longueur est parfaite !! Pour moi, elle est OPé ta letter ! ! bounce Bon boulot !!
mamzellelune

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2437
Activité actuelle : prépa CRPE
Dates de mon séjour : 24/08/09 ~ 21/03/11
Ville, ETAT : Waban (Newton) MA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 06 Mar 2010, 3:35 am

Fais attenton il y'a quand même beaucoup de fautes de frappes, en anglais les adjectifs sont placés devant le nom. Attention à "Actually" qui est un faux ami et signifie "en fait", pour dire en ce moment on utilise "at the moment", "at this time" ou encore "currently". N'oublies pas d'enlever les parties entre parenthèses aussi je ne sais pas si c'etait pour t'aider ou quoi mais ne les laisses pas pour la lettre definitive. Quand tu dis "I live" n'oublies pas non plus le "in". Je sais pas si c'est une erreur de frappe mais il y'a souvent des "on" là où tu devrais mettre des "in".

After my High School degree, I continue my studies with a HNC on the arts graphic on sandwich school. I hesitate to open my own shop (shop of manuel activities) or to continue my studies. I have the time to decide this decision.

==> Je n'ai pas tout compris je pense qu'il y a un probleme dans les temps. Peut etre pour ne pas repeter ce que tu fais en ce moment tu pourrais dire après mon année au pair j'hésite entre ouvrir mon propre magasin ou poursuivre mes études.
"Decide this decision", je trouve cela redondant pourquoi pas utiliser "make this decision"

Maintain est plus dans le sens "affirmer, insister sur le fait que", pour dire supporter il vaut mieux utiliser "support me" tout simplement.

Bref ce ne sont que des conseils et des choses qui m'ont sauté aux yeux maintenant je pense surtout qu'il faut bien que tu te relises et je ne sais pas ce que tu utilises comme traducteur mais wordreference est un des meilleurs !! Wink
http://www.follow-me.overblog.net
Marionnnnettte

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1882
Activité actuelle : Etudiante

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 06 Mar 2010, 4:59 am

Et un tout petit détail, on dit I am 23 years old.

Et fait attention au problème de temps entre le préeent simple et le présent en ing (me souviens plus du nom lol)
I am swimming c'est qqch que tu fais en ce moment même.
I swim c'est qqch que tu peux avoir l'habitude de faire (entre autres)

¤ ________________ ¤
Ancienne Au pair en Irlande
tortue_marine

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 06 Mar 2010, 11:52 am

Bonjour tout le monde!! Voici la deuxième version de ma lettre enfin c'est plutôt devenu un MONSTRE de lettre! lol.

Dear Host Family,

My name is Marine and i'm 21 year old and i’m doing an Assistant Manager BTS (? Je ne connais pas l’équivalent en anglais). I’m living in the north of France with my family. My mother is not working anymore so she’s always home and my dad is specialized educator. I have one sister, her name is Iris, she's 13 year old. I have two brothers : Mathieu who is 25 year old and Valentin who is 18 year old. My family respect my decision and support me to go to the USA. They say that i will be really important for my future. Indeed, i’m interesting in working with children, at my return i would like to do a CAP petite enfance (? Là encore je ne sais pas ^^).
But why choosing this program "Au Pair"? Simply because it combines my envy to travel and my interest for children. Indeed, since i'm 15 i work regulary with children and the more the time goes on, the more i take pleasure in it!

During the summer when i take some holidays on campsite, i use to take care of children, bring them to beach and take care of them on evening when the parents are going out. We played a lot of games like ping-pong, hide and seek, water battles, Uno, eat ice cream, write some postal cards...I remember Enzo 8 years old, who always wanted to play ping-pong, he was a little bit scared of going to the beach because of the water and his grandparents were always sleeping and watching tv, they couldn’t take him to the beach so i decided to take care of him as much as possible. I brought him to the beach and we started have a great relation, he trusted me so i could have fun with him.

The year of my 16 i've been a basketball trainer for a month, i was replace someone. I was with kids who were between 5 and 12 years old. I have so much fun with them, they are so unpredictable! I took care of a group of about 15 children and i have to say it was a wonderful experience! The funny thing is that some of them doesn’t really were motivated by doing sports so i had to find funny attractive games for him. I learned patience and it was very enriching. I really love to get some responsabilities and become more and more mature.

I took care of Mathilda couple times, she was 5, i remember that she was really shy, she is not really talkative but we had a great time. At the beginning she was really stressed because she didn’t know me at all but after a few hours we became very closed and we started do some activities that she asked me to do like painting, drawning, watching movies and playing to boardgames. I make her have the bath and go to sleep.

I took care of Guillaume (2 year old) and Margaux (5 year old) in July 2009 for one month, they are living in the South of France it was because their parents were working all day long so they asked me to take care of them. We had a wonderful time because in one month you have the time to do a lot of activities like cooking, drawing, learn children song, invite their friend to play hide and seek, bring them to a birthday party, going to the swimming pool and watch after them, play “wii”, take them for a walk or bike in the park. They are so great because they are really awake for their ages, it’s really easy to communicate with them.

More recently, i took care of Valentin who is 7 year old one day because his parents were going out for the new year. We played boardgames and a lot of video games because he loves it. I make him bath, bring him to sleep and make him launch and breakfast.

I have great relations with my little sister, when she was a little girl i used to read her some stories, to play with her, sing with her and dancing. But now she's growing up so we're talking a lot. When's she home with her friends i like to play karaoke with hers.

In the next holidays, i'm about to make a training in a children garden for 2 weeks, i will took care of children who are between 13 months and 3 year old, i can't wait to meet them!

Now more about me. I am dynamic, open-minded, and patient. I love to have fun but I also know how to take on responsibilities. I am an optimistic person. I am talkative but don't worry if at the begining I am a little shy. I love a lot of things as shopping, cinema, animals, listening to music, dancing and singing (well, I'm not very good but it's just for fun!). I like to be with my friends, going out, make shopping, watching movies and tv shows in VOSTFR.

Going to the USA is my dream. I would like to improve my english, live in a American Family in order to live like them, discover a new country, a new culture, meet some people. I’m very attracted by this country. Just the idea of you reading me, I'm so exited and I can't wait meeting you!

Best Regards, see you soon!

Marine"
Hélo_95
:: Au Pair In America ::

Féminin Nombre de messages : 19
Activité actuelle : Nounou de 4 enfants: Théo (9), Noa(7), Ethan (6) et Jade (3)
Dates de mon séjour : Je souhaiterais partir fin août - début septembre.
Ville, ETAT : J'aimerais beaucoup être dans le coin de Boston.

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 12 Mar 2010, 5:24 pm

Coucou tout le monde, voici ma lettre.
N'hésitez surtout pas à critiquer que ce soit pour les fautes, le fond et la forme!!!! Wink

"Dear host family,

My name is Héloïse and I’m 24 years old. I live in suburbs of Paris, at Montmagny with my parents and my cat which names Youpi!

My mother (Claude) was nurse but now she’s employed by Paris City as manager of a nursery. And my father (Hervé) is engineering consultant. I’ve a big sister who’s named Aurélie and she’s 31 years old. She’s early childhood educator at Paris. And she’s married with David since July 2009. I love to pass moments with my family and particularly with my mother when we go to do shopping in Paris.
My friends have a big place in my heart and my life. They’re like a second family for me and when I can I pass moment with them.

I was law student but now I’ve finished my studies and I want to take the time to know what I really want for my future. So I’ve decided with the supporting of all my family and all my friends to participated at this adventure of Au Pair In America which permitted to me to discover a new country and culture and at the same time work with child.

I work with children since I’m 16 years old and I love it. My first experiences with children were baby-sitting at the night. I busied of 5 children who are named Chloé, Loïc, Alexia, Elodie and Camille. We ate together, I read them a story before to sleep and I played with them to games. Also, I organized birthday for Camille and I gave the feeding-bottle to Elodie when she was a baby.

Several times, I was an activity leader in summer camp. It was a sportive summer camp so I learnt to ride without problems. And we made cycling and swimming, there were great moments because we made sports and children had fun. Also, I organized manual activities for children like baking or modeling clay. I remember of a girl’s band which had fun with me because we made choreographies on the funnies song.

Actually, my work is to keep 4 children: Théo (9 years), Noa (7 years), Ethan (6 years) and Jade (3 years) who are brother and sister. I had so fun with them, they’re sweet. I’m going to search them in school every day, I give them a snack; help them to make their duties for school. I busy also of their meal and to put on the bed. I play with them: to the doll with Jade who always searches her doll which named Lia; and to Star Wars with boys who are fan of this film.
So, as you can see the children are in my life since a long time and I love that.

I’ve several leisure activities. I play the classical ballet since 20 years, so as you can understand I’m passionate by dance. Also, I play the piano since 8 years but I’ve stopped to take lesson with a professor since 2 years and I playing alone. I love reading and go to cinema. The travels are my favorite hobbies when I’m not dancing and when I’ve the time to this!!!

I’m a perseverant person and I like to go at the end of my project. My professional experiences allowed learning to know better about myself. I’m communicative, dynamic, joyful and smiling girl. Also I’m open-minded, patient and I adapt at all situation.
I’m independent and I’m not afraid by this adventure. This situation to go away in a new country without my family doesn’t new for me. I worked in Canada at summer 2009 with children. It was an awesome experience because I met lot of people who are my friends today and I learned so much about the Canadian culture. Now I want to know more about US culture.

Moreover, go to the USA it’s my dream. I love travel but I never go in America. That’s why I choose USA to be an au pair. One of the reasons I would like to spend one year in the USA is to perfect my English and discover a new country. I really want to live in an American family in order to live like them. United States are for me an attractive country with a lot of things to discover, to learn…So I am very excited to see you!!!

I think that we will spend one excellent year together and that it will be very beneficial for me. I am in a hurry to meet you, to take care of your children and to discover your country. I just want to realize my dream with you!

I hope to see you soon!!!
Héloïse"
flower
Marionnnnettte

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 12 Mar 2010, 9:19 pm

Alors, petit détails mais évite les contractions du genre I've, She's.. On m'a toujours dit que ça ne se faisait pas à l'écrit, juste à l'oral.

Ensuite, tu utilises, MOREOVER. Ne l'utilises pas lol. Oublies très vite ce mot. Il n'est pas utilisé dans les pays anglophones. C'est du vieil anglais. A la place, tu peux dire IN ADDITION.

A part ça, il ya quelques fautes par ci par là, mais rien qui m'ait choqué.

¤ ________________ ¤
Hélo_95

Féminin Nombre de messages : 19
Activité actuelle : Nounou de 4 enfants: Théo (9), Noa(7), Ethan (6) et Jade (3)
Dates de mon séjour : Je souhaiterais partir fin août - début septembre.
Ville, ETAT : J'aimerais beaucoup être dans le coin de Boston.

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 13 Mar 2010, 3:19 am

Merci Marionnette!!! J'vais suivre tes conseils avisés!!!! Wink
Si d'autres ont des critiques à faire (notamment sur le fond de la lettre), s'il vous plaît n'hésitez pas!!!
oO.USAdream.Oo

Féminin Nombre de messages : 852
Activité actuelle : Enseignante
Dates de mon séjour : 30/08/2010 - 29/02/2012
Ville, ETAT : Centreville, VIRGINIA

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 19 Mar 2010, 2:30 am

Bonsoir tous le monde, voici ma lettre si vous avez un peu de temps à consacrer à la critique

Dear host family,

My name is Alexandra. I am twenty years old and I live in Gonfreville-Caillot, a little village of Normandy in France. I live with my family: my father, Jean-Pierre, is a flight engineer in the French coastguard. My mother, Christine, is a stay at home mum. I have 2 brothers, Ivan (19) and Gildas (18), they are in electrotechnical studies. My sister, Morgane, is 11 years old and she is in the junior high school. I like spend time with my family, especially during the weekend after my school week in Rouen (my study's city). I like to do activities with them as playing with my siblings, helping Morgane with her homework, cooking with my mother. I really enjoy to discuss with them about everything: their week, news, fashion, my theater company... My whole family support me in the Aupair program and my mother enjoys this program because she has family who were Aupair few years ago.

I am in a tourism vocational training in Rouen. I really like heritage and organise some visits. In this school I learn how to make a guided tour and it is very rewarding. I think that later I want to be a guide in a museum or work in a tourism office.
I want to be an Aupair since my 17, but I was to young. First I really like to take care of children, play with them, teach them a lot (speaking, biking, cooking....). Then, I think that English is very important and I want to improve it to be able to welcome and guide tourists of all over the world. In addition I want to integrate a family because I prefer the home life than the student life (alone in a flat). Since I was in Chicago for a month in 2003 I dream to come back and learn more about the US culture and way of life. All this motivations made me think about be an aupair in the United States.

Lets talk about children... I really love to be with children since my 9, my sister's birth. Today I like being with every baby, taking care of children during families party (weddings, birthdays...), babysitting...
Quentin,6 and Loïck,3 are siblings. I take care of them since Quentin's birth for several weeks during the summer. I have experience in bottle feeding, changing diapers, bathing, playing with them. Once, Quentin wanted to play to be a garage mechanic so he tried to dismantled everything with his toys! He decided that I have to be "the poor ladie who have a breakdown car"! Of course he succeeded!!
I often take care of Floriane (11), she is a friend of my sister, when she was younger we used to play dolls, now I help her with her homework or we go for a walk...
Sometimes I take care of Victor (9) and Gabriel (7). Once, we saw The Incredibles, and boys wanted to play to be the Incredibles family. Gaby was Dash because he played to run everywhere.. It was very funny! I also take care of Camille (9) and her brother Alix (5) one time we played to be Pirates on a desert island. We made some costumes and played in the garden.

I am responsible, creative and an open-minded person. I like listen and talk with everyone and I am a happy person. At first I can be a little bit shy but I am in a theater company for 4 years.

In my free time I like to be with my company “Les Artisans du Rêve” (= Craftsmen of Dream). This year we play the Beauty and the Beast. Last year I was Assyla, the Isolde's mother in “Tristan and Isolde”. I really enjoy this time because lot of my friends are in this company. I like do things with my hand like drawing, sticking...I also like to play sports with my siblings like tennis or soccer, I am not a professional, but those plays are a way to spend fun-time in family. Since I am young I spend summer near the sea, so I can swim and I like to swim at swimming pool.

I hope you enjoy to read my letter and I am eager to meet you!

Alexandra
http://o0hamburger-en-folie0o.skyrock.com/
Marionnnnettte

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 19 Mar 2010, 3:03 am

Je trouve ta lettre bien. J'aime bien les anecdotes que tu donnes sur les enfants, ça rend la lettre plus drôle :)

A part ça, il y a une phrase qui n'a pas trop de sens. Dans le premier paragraphe "My whole family support me in the Aupair program and my mother enjoys this program because she has family who were Aupair few years ago."

¤ ________________ ¤
oO.USAdream.Oo

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 19 Mar 2010, 3:15 am

Merci
Pour la phrase je voulais dire que ma mère a des personnes de sa famille qui étaient aupair.. A mon avis j'ai oublié de mettre quelque chose du genre "donc elle n'a pas peur pour moi" ... ^^
tortue_marine

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 19 Mar 2010, 11:16 am

Héhé, est ce que vous avez jeté un coup d'oeil à la mienne?
Charlotte49

Féminin Nombre de messages : 141
Activité actuelle : Au Pair !!
Dates de mon séjour : 11 Janvier 2010
Ville, ETAT : Thousand Oaks (près de LA), California

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 19 Mar 2010, 6:28 pm

Tortue_marine, je suis en train d'apporter quelques corrections à ta lettre qui est dans l'ensemble plutôt très bonne. Je dois aller bosser là mais j'essaye de te l'envoyer dans la journée ou ce soir. Laughing
http://vichka-usa.skyrock.com/
oO.USAdream.Oo

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Ven 19 Mar 2010, 8:37 pm

Ohlala , une ancienne aupair a relu ma lettre, les fautes de -ing sont terribles xD pale
tortue_marine

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Sam 20 Mar 2010, 2:00 pm

Ohh, merci beaucoup Charlotte :)
Dawlish

Masculin Nombre de messages : 10

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Dim 28 Mar 2010, 9:50 pm

Bonjours à tous,

A mon tour de poster ma lettre. Ce n'est qu'un brouillon, et selon vos remarques et critiques que j'espère nombreuses et instructives, j'aviserais des modifications. Merci d'avance !

Dear host family,

My name is Jocelyn, I am 18 years old and I am Swiss. I live in Martigny, a little town between mountains in the canton of Valais. I have two sisters : Jenny (20), who she take care of children in a nursery and Laura (13), schoolgirl. My father, Didier, is a carpenter and my mother, Agnès, is a housewife. I love them. Have a good relationship with my family is very important for me. They support me in my beautiful project.

I am fortunate to have a big family. My mother has 9 siblings, and my father has … 9 siblings too. Most have children. I look after frequently my little cousins, aged 1 to 13 years. I like spend time with them. It’s only moments of weal.

Since 3 years, I am activities leader in a group of children aged 10 to 15 years. We meet us frequently, for activity during a day (play, testimony, …) and camps of 2-3 days. During camps, I planne activities, we have fun and eat together, I put them to bed et I make sur they have a good night. I like these days. To be with children, it’s a real passion.

I also baby-sit. I look after Lorik (1) some evenings and weekends. I walk around and have fun with him, preparing his bottle and the bath, and put him to bed. He is so lovely and friendly (except once where he vomited on me at night --‘). There is also Yanis (6) and his sister Jade (12) that I look after several times. With them, we do more sport and activity as drawing, crafts and games. Yanis is very hyperactive, but we get on very well.

I will do a internship of 2 weeks in August in a nursery and take care of 10 children aged 1 to 4 years. I am looking forward !

I am very dynamic, responsive, independent, creative, friendly and very patient. I am also very sportsman and I like art (reading, writings, cinema, drawing and photography). I think that I can‘t live without music. I have begin piano since March (I have wanted since I was kid). Travel is also a worship ; I went during 10 days on walk the Sahara desert. It was wonderful !

I finished my apprenticeship as an employee of commerce, and now I want to change my universe. During my apprenticeship, I always wanted to learn English. Knowing another language is very important for the future. That and my affection for children and my desire to travel and to discover a new culture directing me to this project.

One year as au pair in USA ? A magic dream. During this year, my first desire is to integrate your family. I hope to have a great relationship, and to can share your family. If I can stay with you in my free time, it will be truly exceptional. Take care and educate of your children will be my main priorities. I want also to discover a new culture, a new country, a new world : the american life.

This adventure bring me a lot of emotion and maturity. When I come back to Switzerland, I would like to become a social educator for work with children, and continue to travel aroud the world. Who knows, maybe I will return in the USA in a few years and we may end up ?

I hope you enjoyed my letter. I look forward to hearing you soon,

Jocelyn

Dernière édition par Dawlish le Dim 28 Mar 2010, 10:28 pm, édité 2 fois
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [Dear Host Family letter] Exemples   Aujourd'hui à 3:10 am

[Dear Host Family letter] Exemples
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 5 sur 15Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Suivant